Sunday th 14th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday th 14th

Postby carolb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:52 am

G'morning all :)

Down to the last ten days before Cmas :) & I've been on the road a month already! It's been great visiting so many wonderful friends along the way :P Thanks to all your well-wishes--after a good day & half of rest, I was back on my feet, with only a few sniffles still. Catherine & I are having a great time, but I'll leave tmrw a.m. :( Anita, should be in AZ by Fri, if not sooner!

So the big news is Sue's new puppy! Yes, Sue, we're all waiting to hear about Mollie/Molly? And more pix of course:) Liz, you've been in FL since Sept? G'grief, more dr appts in Jan, & you'll end up being there 6 mo or more?

Going to be 60 deg here today! Hope y'all have a great one & be safe always! 8-)
carolb

Re: Sunday th 14th

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:19 am

good morning ladies :P
Carolb, will be good to see you again, maybe we'll get a chance to have a good sitdown chat.
Few minor plans for today, and dinner invite at daughters this evening. She's making chicken enchiladas, yum yum.
Got Jon out driving around yesterday...he hasn't driven in months but now he knows the way to work and to the store.
Won't be long and he'll have this town figured out. Nice to have someone else do the driving and I can look around ;)
Maggie is enjoying the house to herself and kitty is even contemplating coming down off the shelf. Scout has begun a
new adventure, and I will get daily reports all next week as he settles in and then over christmas he'll be learning how
to be the motorcycle dude with his own set of doggles, and I expect to get pictures. (I'm to get him back if it doesn't
work out)
Time to get a few things done, ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dpf » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:11 am

Morning! Yes I’m still alive and kicking. Had a bout with pleurisy over Thanksgiving and it has left me zapped. Not much going on in my little corner of the world. Have to finish decorating for Christmas and just can’t get in the mood. Worked on the tree yesterday until it was about half done then I lost my GAS (give a sh#%) and went and took a nap! The weather is unseasonably warm. It’s 54* right now. We had that terrible cold streak in November. But tonight it’s supposed to start raining and tomorrow it’s going to be ice pellets. Ugh. Thank goodness I took an annual day on Friday so Missy and I could go Christmas shopping and didn’t decide to do it tomorrow! Always take a day off for that so we don’t have to fight the weekend crowds.

Well I’d better shower and get dressed. Going to go to the school for a benefit pancake feed for our neighbor boy who has leukemia. His class and the faculty are sponsoring it and a generous anonymous person in town has said they will match whatever they make. Brendan has been in the hospital pretty much full time since July. He has finished the last round of chemo and they are waiting for his ANC levels to elevate with hopes that he might be able to be home for Christmas. Good news is that is sister is a perfect match for a bone marrow transplant.

Have a good day!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby JudyJB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Looks like a quiet morning for everyone. I am waiting in line at Blue Beacon to get RV wash for very dirty rv. Then a stop at IKEA and on to Myakka but will watch out for vicious water hose chomping squirrels per Bluepinecones!

It's sunny and a few degrees warmer today--about time!

Still waiting for puppy post from Sue. Hope all went well for her.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Alice, good news about the new home for Scout. Sure hope it works out for him.

Judy, my rig is being washed as I type this. More expensive than Blue Beacon, but I've promised myself a good hand wash and wax at least once per year. So far it looks like he's doing a great job.

I'm also semi watching a tiny home being built on HGTV. This one will be a retreat in the woods for a family, not their actual home. And I've got that Mexican chicken dish in the crock pot. I've purchased pork chops and will make Liz's recipe next, without the sugar. My freezer will be full!

Pat, one reason I always liked working weekends was to be able to shop and do things when it wasn't as busy. Totally understand your reasoning.

Carolb, glad you're feeling better and getting some visit time in.

I had dinner with Carold's sis and bil Friday night. Now the sis will be on a plane tomorrow to go visit Carold. I'm sure they're going to have a great few days.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Very warm today at 52*, but very foggy. Only 1/4 mile visibility. Very dark and dreary. Did see a convertible go by with the top down earlier. Almost warm enough for that, but a little wet with the misty air.

Slept til noon today. Feeling better but ears still plugged a little. Just doing some house cleaning today. Gotta do some laundry yet. I have Tuesday off and was planning to do my Christmas shopping then since it is payday, but they are talking about colder temps and snow for Tuesday now. Will see...

Hope you all have a good Sunday!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee