Puppy Day Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Puppy Day Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:47 am

Good Morning everyone,

Am up and a bushy tailed this morning, at my friends house in southern MI. Will be heading north soon as daylight arrives to go pick up the new fur kid. About a 70 mile drive from here. Came down here on Thursday to visit and spend some time in Shipshewana yestereday as well as seeing some new territory in this part of the state. Glad I did as we have been having some foggy conditions. So far looks clear here now. Like Cheryl said yesterday, weather forecast is a big "hah". Sunshine and in 40's - Not! I'm hoping the fog has lifted so no driving issues. Need to go through major expressway interchange on way to pick up pup. Not being familiar with area, want to see where I am going. So far looks nice and clear here. So this will be my adventure for today. Can't wait to get going. Can you tell I'm excited :lol:

Carolb, sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you are feling better. Sounds like you have a wonderful "mom" handy :)

Havent't really read too much of what's going on these past couple of day, but enough to see everybody's okay. Not a lot posting, so holiday preps etc., keeping you all busy.

I'm going to get busy to. Get cleaned up and get busy. Pack up what little stuff II have and have a little breakfast, wait for daylight and vamoose. So you all have a great day out there. Will tell all when I get home and we get settled.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Puppy Day Saturday

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:50 am

I'm excited with you, Sue. And we are all awaiting a report on the new pup with pictures!

Still chilly here in McIntosh, but sunshine warms it up some. Tonight is "Light up McIntosh" with a golf-cart parade, judging of the decorations around town, and cookies and punch in the community center. Carol and I will attend.

I finally got all the repairs and upgrades done on the RV. Now to get all the doctor appointments out of the way….that's dragging into January for colonoscopy and eye dr./maybe cataract surgery. Getting hitch-itch here. This is the longest I've sat in one place in about two years.

Hope those in the path of storms stay safe, warm, and dry.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:53 am

Good morning Sue and all...exciting day for you Sue...cant wait to see pic's!!!
Have to go get some milk so might hit a few yard sales if there are any...havnt been
for awhile..there is a craft show near by so might go there also...I feel like I just
need to get out...so everyone have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:08 am

Mornin’ Ladies – and all that follow …

I’m so excited to hear about & see the new pup Sue! First really happy thought I’ve had In a few weeks. And yes, we can tell you’re excited :lol:

Doctor appointments are one of those necessary evils Liz, but I have faith you will pass them with flying colors.

Glad Birdie mentioned that she posted a lot of CG reviews. When I first saw them all from Birdie (without reading them yet),I thought the site got hacked :shock: and Beth had a lot of work to do for clean up to do.

Also starting to think we need to have an intervention for Kathleen for her addiction to K-cups ;)

Off to help BIL with some things today. His life is on hold right now because someone (doctor, coroner ?) has messed up my sister’s death certificate and he can’t even start to get things settled until he receives those.

Pfffft! Back to happy puppy thought...

Have a great day everyone and stay safe
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:08 am

good morning ladies
such a busy week I had and more of the same coming up. My friend Jon is doing very well and ready to get back to work and lead a normal life. He put in an application where I work, only on the facilities/maintenance side and lots of opportunities for him there. Sometime later in the week the space next door comes empty and we'll shift all his stuff over there and then I can
have my yard back and put my fence back up. Also have had the stress of getting his debts figured out and who gets what with what money...etc. Its all coming together but I must admit I was filling "his" stress over the debt situation, didn't know
I could feel someone elses stress but I did. Certainly getting spoiled though with dinner and dishes done for me, :D now to
get some of the honey do's done. We're also dealing with his dad in California fighting the mesothelioma and knowing of course there is not much time on that. We know the outcome of course but praying for more time to get things in order.
One more week of school and then I can relax and get some extra stuff done.
Today is wash blankets and linens day for the camper and the fifthwheel as well.
Will also be making plans for "someday" to get back up to Colorado and get his boat out of storage and one more trip into
Salt Lake City to get his household stuff out of storage as well. (not stuff he can let go) in the meantime those storage
fees are on the budget, not something I agree with but it is what it is and I make no comments. (well, maybe a few)
Did get a nice rain during the night but its suppose to clear up by noon.
Rest of the house will be up soon so I better get dressed. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:13 am

Sue, I'm excited for you too!!! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Pooker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:16 am

Ava - I'm out of breath for you!
Sue - hope the new pup is pure pleasure.
Liz - hope you get to scratch that hitch-itch soon.
Everyone - hope you all have a great weekend.

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:57 am

Good Morning everyone... especially Sue and Molly pup! I think that is the name... Cheryl glad you are there for your BIL... Ava you are such a trooper... glad Jon's feeling better and will soon be employed... I know the feeling about debt... I cannot deal with it... Liz the festivities in McIntosh will be very nice... would like to be there to observe...

Got the new insurance settled... Joe my new agent will notify Progressive of the change also my agent at PLR...

Yes need rescuing but I will fight you for my k-cups... blueberry this morning... once I got an orange flavored k-cup but have never found it since... If anyone comes will gladly share some coffee... and a bit of a talk...

There is a warm up here it is 45 and tomorrow will be in the 50s... bet we will get socked in January!!

Take care everyone and happy thoughts to all...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby chalet05 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Good Morning!

Sue, an exciting, fun time ahead!
Ava, do you feel overwhelmed? We are gone so much that I never seem to catch up, and then I read your posts!
Liz, you are getting so much accomplished, but I understand the hitch-itch!
Cheryl, people's mistakes sure make things difficult!
Carolb, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! The desert awaits!
Kathleen, I am laughing about the K-cups! I should call mine the 'lazy cups' so that I don't have to take care of the grounds out of the reusable!

We went to Havasu yesterday. First was an appointment with man who will make the trailer for hauling the Slingshot. He and mechanical engineer LeRoy had a good time throwing around ideas that were mostly over my head and making the price higher! :roll: The Slingshot has a very low clearance so can't run it up normal ramps, and they are trying to make it very user friendly for me.

Went to get LeRoy's new truck. Since he is registering it in South Dakota, we had to go to California to 'take possession'. Someone dropped the ball and didn't find out the one and only Notary Public in Needles wouldn't be in yesterday! Back to Havasu and then to Parker and across the river for another Notary.

I am so ready for some uninterrupted time, but now all the accessories have to be put in L's new truck and I am the 'right hand man'. :)

Hope you are all having a good day. We had rain last night and it is quite cool today.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Last day here at Fort Clinch. Will be headed tomorrow morning to Myakka State Park east of Sarasota. Supposed to be a few degrees warmer down there. I need to take one last long beach walk today. I have hardly been on the beach at all because of the bad weather and wind here, but I did take a few freezing bike rides. Picked up my last prescription for 90 days yesterday and about froze. Going out to get some milk today from a nearby small store. I also rode out to explore the other campground here, which I do not like because it is so dark and shady. I like some sun, especially when it is chilly. Sights over there are also tighter, although more private because of the vegetation.

Loving that my recliner is fixed, but I cannot get out of the habit of getting out of it without folding it up!! Driving me crazy, but it was broken for so long.

Getting frustrated finishing up things for the semester. Got one set of assessments (sort of a post test, not exam) to do and then two narrated PowerPoint presentations that I have not been able to hear narration. Sent message to online staff and Dept head for help. Grades due on Wednesday. Whew! Will then have to get two new classes ready to go in January.

Hope everyone has a good (and warm) day!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Way passed morning - in fact almost night time but thought I'd check in. It has been a totally wasted day for me - just didn't feel like doing anything - not sick, just lazy. Besides, I'm exhausted after reading Ava'a list.

Judy - If I'm remembering correctly, the park where you are headed was filled with vicious squirrels a couple of years ago. They destroyed at least 4 water hoses, including a brand new expensive one belonging to Nan. They also chewed up a couple of table clothes and a bungie cord and got into some garbage sacks (nearest dumpster is over a mile from sites) so be careful with what you leave outside. Might check with the rangers - perhaps they relocated the critters by now.
Other than the squirrel problem and distance to dumpster, I liked the campground.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JudyJB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:14 am

I'll use my cheap water hose just in case. It is new but has already got a kink in it. I was in Mesa Verde and they told us to unhook and put water hoses away every night because beAr liked to bite them to get a drink at night. Wonder if squirrels are doing same thing??

Thanks for the warning.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:58 am

Ranger said the squirrels were biting the hoses for water however after first night e set bowls of water near the hoses - it did not help. Apparently they like the water squirting out better or maybe they were creating showers - very effective showers given the number of holes they made all up and down the hoses.
I thought it was a bit strange as there was not a shortage of water sources there, including a river not too far from where the camp sites were located.
bluepinecones

Postby linann » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 am

bluepinecones wrote:Judy - If I'm remembering correctly, the park where you are headed was filled with vicious squirrels a couple of years ago. They destroyed at least 4 water hoses, including a brand new expensive one belonging to Nan. They also chewed up a couple of table clothes and a bungie cord and got into some garbage sacks (nearest dumpster is over a mile from sites) so be careful with what you leave outside. Might check with the rangers - perhaps they relocated the critters by now.
Other than the squirrel problem and distance to dumpster, I liked the campground.

Sarah,
Maybe the campground you are thinking about is Wekiwa Springs SP, where a January GTG was held several years ago. Myakka SP is farther south and closer to the Gulf. Myakka used to have wild pigs that were stopping cars and bicyclists on the main campground road demanding food handouts. Remember reading the rangers were capturing and relocating the pigs. Always wondered where they took the pigs.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks, Linda. I believe you are correct - my memory is not as good as yours, especially when it comes to the names of some of the FL parks.
bluepinecones

Next

Return to Morning Coffee