WONDERFUL WED...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

WONDERFUL WED...

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:34 am

Good morning everyone...second try here...I have been trying to post for over a
week on my phone but with auto check I get frustrated and end up with no post..
now I am on lap top and my first post just up and went poof...so I am not a happy camper...this is making me think I am not suppose to post..yesterday did errands most of
the day...today I will start baking cookies to send out to kids and Gkids for Christmas...and do some general cleaning up..nothing to heavy as I got a not so good report on my MRI...you can read about it on
my blog..so better get at it...have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: WONDERFUL WED...

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:52 am

Good morning
Sorry about you report, Donna and your father, Barbie.
I'm on my last cup of coffee. Got home from hospital about 6:00; at least there is one more test out of the way tho I'm not sure I slept enough for them to get much of a reading on sleep problems. Soon as the coffee gone, I will start trying to get all the glue out of my hair - that will likely take a while as there were about a dozen electrodes stuck to head as well as all the ones on various body parts. Will be a week before i get results.
It has turned unusually cold here again with a strong north wind. I did make it to campground yesterday to check on Magic. Wind was strong enough to rock her while I was there.
Grocery shopping and appointment with orthopedic doctor this afternoon. At least I'm near the end of medical appointments finally.
Have a good day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Colliemom » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:59 am

Good Morning Donna and all

Stopping by to say hi. Nothing much to report on this end. Just been busy with the usual errands and other stuff. Weather has been fairly nice with sunshine some days and no snow other than an inch yesterday. Warming trend heading this way for rest of week.

Donna, sorry to hear about the MRI report. I know a Chiropractor can take care of the disc issues but not sure about the rest. Be interesting to hear what the doctors say. Carolb, sounds like you are having fun at Catherine's. Going to be in AZ by Christmas? Beth, also sounds like your are enjoying where you are staying. Life is tough when one has to make decisions as to whether or not to stay at campground, go visit some sites or what :lol: Sarah, hope all's going well withal the doc appts. etc. and you get good reports. Barbie, are you sure it's not allergies. You seem to have colds quite often and working with all those chemicals in the shops over the years could be triggering off allergic reactions. Irmi, you and Steve certainly are enjoying your time in FL. Going to be a great winter for you, I can tell. So much going on with everybody, hard to keep up.

The big news from this end though is that tomorrow I am leaving to head to Portage, MI in the southern part of the state to stay with a friend for a couple of nights prior to picking up the new "fur kid" on Saturday morning. We will be going to Shipshewana on Friday. Have never been there, so looking forward to that. She and a high school friend both have doctors appts. down there but we are going early to bum around a bit, have lunch etc. Then Saturday off to the breeders to pick up "the kid" and start the journey home. Breeder I think is going to be happy to let them go. Says they are a handful and getting too smart for their own good :lol: Sounds like that collie mischief/curiosity trait is kicking in and when there are 8 of them in the same place, well....... :roll:

So today is busy with last minute preps here and also getting ready to head out in morning. First item on agenda is getting the Christmas cards finished. Letter is already written, just need to sign and address cards and off to the PO. No decorating here as will be heading north next weekend and will take my little tree along up here I think.

Enough chatter. Got to get moving. Have a wonderful day all. And yes I will be back with the full report on the trip home with the kid and pictures as well :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 am

Mornin' Ladies and all that follow~~~

Sorry to hear about the bad MRI results Donna. Hopefully treatment will be helpful, but, yea! good new about the kidney stone being gone.

Sarah - hope the result of your doctor and nieces appointments go well.

And Sue!! count down to puppy breath! Sounds like you'll have your hands full by week end. You & BJ can commiserate together about puppy antics. :P

Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road, stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:33 am

Another cloudy, cold morning here, but a warm up is on the way, I'll try and send some of it your way Sarah! Sorry about your MRI report Donna but so glad you passed the stone and are more comfortable. Sue, won't be long now and you will be enjoying your little one. It has been awhile since you had a little one so you will be in for a lot of surprises as to how 'creative' puppies can be. Get your phone set on the video mode so you don't miss any of the cuteness and the naughtiness. :lol: Maybe if you need a break you could drop her off with Mitzi's Auntie Cheryl for an overnight with her and Zorro. :P

Martha, you mentioned that you liked your glass top stove, what brand did you get. I'm finding there are very few coil tops available. Also is it hard to clean or do you use a special cleaner?

I hear a strange noise coming from the living room and Mitzi is not in sight better go check.

I'm back it was Mitzi and Andy wrestling. They play really well together and at almost 14 I'm glad he is able and willing to play.
Barbie I thought the same thing as Sue, you do have a lot of colds and when I worked around chemicals and a smoker I had bronchitis and colds frequently. Not sure what you can do since you have to work but are there newer products out that are less toxic. Are people allowed to smoke at your shop? There are some things you could take to help your body detox, also try and eat as best you can and take some extra vitamin c. (((HUGS)))
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:26 am

BJ, our stove is 9 years old so I looked on Lowe's web site and found one that looks like it. Lowe's Item# 516655 Model #JB630DFWW General Electric. Our stove came with the house so I'm sure it wasn't an expensive stove but it does have a self cleaning oven. The top has kind of a speckled top and the burners are black. The cleaner that came with the stove was Weiman's Glass Cook Top Cleaner. I'm sure we haven't taken care of it like we should but it still looks ok.

I don't know how some of you post from your phone. I gave up trying to post from my tablet. I was reading a post on Facebook that looked like it was some kind of code. Someone said it looked like a new language. It' amazing we can still read these.

I need to be cleaning house instead of playing on the computer. I'm leaving in the morning for Natchitoches. I have to put my things in a suit case since I'm going with Carolyn. I'm so use to going with everything it's hard to have a limit. I went to town without my list yesterday so I have to go get what I forgot.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Oma » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Good Morning All (OK afternoon),

Didn't want anyone to think I've fallen off the face of the earth. Just super busy. I do try to read a bit of the forum each week but am way behind. It's cold here today and supposed to be about 38* in the morning. Will someone please turn off the fan that is blowing cold air this way :lol:

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait until we hear the new puppy stories! Stay safe and enjoy life :D

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Very late here... after I got my flu shot maybe 4 hours later I got pain in every part of my body... could not do a thing about it... dr had given me a new prescription for Vicodin so finally got up about 2 am and took one... I fell asleep around 7 only to be woken up to loud machinery behind my mobile home... the city was cleaning up the woods and grinding trees... oh oh oh stop that!!
I did get a couple of hours rest and got up a little after noon...
Kelsie was not suppose to come today but she did so she stayed for a couple of hours and then left... that was all the boost I needed...
Sarah sure hope all of the tests come out ok... guess this is the time of year to get things behind us... Barbie take care of that cold... everyone with health issues keep looking up...
We all need those puppy pictures Sue!!
take care everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Didn't sleep very well last night with my nose all plugged up. Had a short day at work and luckily it wasn't too busy. No, this is not allergies. I have allergies, so I can tell when the sneezing is from that, but this is in my throat, head and plugged up ears too. It is now more coughing than sneezing. I have had a lot of kids in lately in the shop who are sneezing and coughing all over, so I am sure that is where I got it. The shop I work at is haircuts only (occasional perms but not many anymore), so am not exposed to very many chemicals there. Just exposed to lots of germs! :roll: I am not very good at remembering my vitamins or eating healthy, so that is part of the problem :oops: .

It is supposedly warming up here but doesn't feel much like it yet. Just hovering below 32*. I think it feels colder because it is damp out and a little windy too. Well, at least it isn't sub zero! Could be worse!

Donna, take care of your back! Hope you can get some good help for that! Ouch!

Hope you all had a good day so far! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Good Evening!

Donna, sorry about the bad report! Barbie, also thinking too many colds for you. Sue, I somewhat envy your winter time in the UP. Sarah, hope you got some rest.

We did our shopping yesterday. Today we removed the last of the things from L's truck including the auxiliary tool box/fuel tank. While I was over at the 'old' park, I had a quick visit with a couple from B.C. who were my neighbors for awhile last winter - I thoroughly enjoyed their company! Also, a friend I haven't seen for 5 years because she and her hubby had to quit full timing for awhile - but they are back! They want Alaska info for a trip this coming summer so we'll get together Sunday.

Weather is to be nice tomorrow so we'll ride. Friday is Lake Havasu regarding a trailer for the Slingshot and to get L's new truck.

I signed up for another month at this park with everything going on, but I plan to take off at times to boondock. Waiting for a particular someone to quit fiddling around and get to Arizona in a couple weeks! :lol: It's okay, I know she is having wonderful visits along the way.

Hope you have all had a good day!
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee