Tuesday with Sadie

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday with Sadie

Postby carolb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:47 am

G'morning all :)

Trying to type, with Sadie pawing at my arm :lol: Yep, at Catherine's now! Arrived yesterday afternoon, played in the yard with all poopers, patiently waiting for Catherine to be home from work--with BBQ from her nephew's :P Those of you KS gtg'ers remember that, right? Life is good! & it looks like she's keeping me here til at least Thurs, since she's taking me to her work that morning for a Cmas program. Gee, does that hurt my feelings ;)

Sarah, great to see you again, & I do hope you get your health back--same for your nieces. Martha, glad you had a good gtg with your friends. Beth, are still at the Escapees park? Barbie, I agree Zicam is the best. I'm keeping that on hand so I can start taking it at the first signs. MO Bro was recovering from something when I was there, & SIL was coming down with something when I left. Will keep positive thoughts that I'm not next!

Hope y'all are keeping healthy :D Have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Tuesday with Sadie

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:54 am

Good morning
Carol, you will enjoy anything Catherine brings home from her nephew's place - it was excellent at the KS gtg.
Still slowly working my way thru medical tests/doctor appointments. Sure will be glad when all this is over. Tonight I spend at hospital for sleep study, orthopedic doctor tomorrow and cancer screening results from oncologist on Thursday.
Somewhere in middle of all this, need to go check on Magic.
Not much else going on around here.
Have a great day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby chalet05 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:14 am

Good Morning!

Ah, Carolb, wish I was there, too! Catherine posted a video on FB of one of the musical groups who will be in the concert - I'd certainly enjoy hearing more! Sarah, sorry about all the appointments and health issues. Kathleen, sounds like you are all set for Christmas - warm and cozy. Martha, I'm still chuckling about the fact you may get to the bridge before you remember you can't cross it! We can be such creatures of habit!

Today is our every two week shopping day plus lunch out (Golden Corral is his choice).

I have a classmate staying at the 'old' park so we met at the bar in between us last night! A couple of beers and great conversation! We were the last ones there (not a real busy place). All of a sudden the owner's wife brought us each a dish of ice cream. The staff has ice cream every night while they are closing! We kidded her about bribing us to leave! Other friends arrived yesterday so looking forward to seeing them, and they want Alaska info for a trip next summer.

Everyone have a great day! Safe travels to all on the road.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Irmi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 am

Good morning Carolb, Sarah & everyone!

Anita, you snuck in, too! Ice cream is my nap cap every night! LOL!

Carol, so glad you arrived safely at Catherine's. Enjoy that BBQ! Sarah, get those appointments out of the way and hopefully you'll be back on the road with Magic in no time. Donna, are you still at Wickham State Park? Hopefully you'll get the medical issues straightened out real soon. Velma, hope the tree in your yard holds up from the winds you're getting. CArol, before you know it, you'll be back on the road and behind the wheel going where you want, when you want. Anita, your new toy looks like so much fun! We showed it to one of our biker friends here at the park and now he wants to look at one. Beth, hope you get the things done on your rig from the dealer to your satisfaction. Enjoy the cable TV while you've got it! Ava, you sound so happy! Good for you! Karen, thinking of you while you're in the decision making mode.

We're still enjoying our stay in Ocala. The weather is cooler this week but it's so much better than at our home in MD, so I'm not complaining. Between attending the yoga and exercise classes, karaoke on Saturday evenings, Steve joining the men for their weekly Tuesday morning breakfasts and other social get togethers here at the campground, there's never a dull moment. Lots of the people here at the park have been here year after year and we're like one big extended family.

Here's wishing all of you a great day, stay safe whether you're on the road or at home.
Irmi

Postby Othersharon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:38 am

Good morning, everyone. Carolb, glad you made it to Catherine's and are having a good visit. Sarah, good to see you here again and hope you get through all your drs. visits with flying colors! Not much happening here, today needs to be a cleaning day. Went to Grove City Outlets Sunday with a friend and checked out a few stores then had lunch at our favorite place before heading home. Our one sunny day! Then back to the gloom yesterday! I did make it to Altoona to hit Home Depot for some led light bulbs I've been needing to get. Can't get the ones I like locally. Also went into one of the department stores to find a comforter my SIL wanted but didn't stay long. I figured it wouldn't be crowded being a week day but was I ever wrong! Don't know if it was because of the time of year or if it's because we're supposed to have some nasty weather for the next few days! Probably both. But decided after that one store I just didn't want to fight the parking lots or any other stores! The boys went with me so they at least enjoyed the ride. They're always happy to get to go! Well, time to get busy but I can always take a break if you would like a cup of coffee! ;)
Othersharon

Postby Redetotry » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Good Morning, Well it is almost noon here and Carolb made me hungry talking about the BBQ Catherine was bringing home. I love BBQ!

I had a busy morning cancelling the electric stove top we ordered. In reading the specs the electrician wanted, I noticed all the things the sales man said were not quite true. :( Like did I have to use their special cleaner that had really bad ingredients and could I use my old cast iron. Well yes, if I want to scratch the surface I could use cast iron and most reviews said the cleaner was the only thing that worked and it needed to be cleaned every time you used it. So... back to looking for what I really wanted ,a coil top. DH only cares about aesthetics and not whether it works. Also, when I called to cancel the electrician who was going to stop by today to see what all he would need since switching from gas, he commented that I might want to look at places besides the big stores as many of their appliances are seconds. :o Maybe I'll just keep the gas and keep on complaining about it :lol:

Irmi, sounds like you are in a good place there in Ocala, I wish I lived where there were more social options.It is hard to meet people here and many people are moving away due to the economy. Sarah hope your appointments are over soon and you get a good to go report!

Ice cream is one of my favorite night cap too.

Have a safe day all.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby MandysMom » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:05 pm

BJ, a couple of years ago I was able to order a name brand coil top from Sears that I have been happy with. I think it's Kitchen Aid ( label popped off and is drawers somewhere). They did not carry it in store but Mel found it online and I ordered it and picked up at store. we had to modify counter as previous top was a Dacoe 48 in long! And I did not want to pay over $3000 for a new Dacor. Mel was able to reinforce underneath and put on another row of tile each side and you can't tell we did it unless you were to look under the counter. I like the coil top because I can use my cast iron but also because the specs for glass top said I could not use big pots like my 16 qt stock pot or a canner.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Yep, I'm still at the SKP park. Meet Carold's sister and bil yesterday. My week is over Friday but am thinking of extending another week. I'd actually think about staying another month, but if it started Friday I don't think I'd be out in time for Q, and definitely want to be there. So one more week most likely. I've got a call into a man to wash, possibly wash/wax my rig, so hopefully that'll happen while I'm here also.

I'm arguing with myself over going to Whitewater Draw today or tomorrow. Yep, those are the types of arguments I have with myself lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Beth, I've heard a good debate helps keep us sharp. They did not mention whether that debate should be with self or others. I'm going with, youre good! LOL
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:04 pm

MandysMom wrote:Beth, I've heard a good debate helps keep us sharp. They did not mention whether that debate should be with self or others. I'm going with, youre good! LOL

:-) Whitewater Draw will be tomorrow, with maybe a stop in Tombstone going or returning. Today I decided to throw food in the crock pot and be a bum again.

What I really can't believe is the debate I'm having with myself about putting my name on the list here to get a leased lot. But I am considering it. And I never have to get one. Plus it would most likely be two, three or more years before my chance should come up, especially for a basic place. One part of me says I'm nuts, but another likes the idea.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:46 pm

What's in crockpot? I'm always up for new ideas.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:43 pm

MandysMom wrote:What's in crockpot? I'm always up for new ideas.
Velda

The three envelope roast (search the recipe room) with added potatoes, onions and peppers.
Beth
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Just got off work. Still got a nasty cold. I sneezed all day long and nothing I took for it worked. Of course, we were busy all day and I had to excuse myself from every haircut I was doing at least twice to go blow my nose! Kept telling my clients that it was just allergies. I don't think they bought that tho! :roll:

My brother took my dad into his urologist this morning. When he was there last Friday, they found scar tissue in his urethra from his prostate cancer he had years ago. The doctor tried to compress the scar tissue but it didn't work and my dad wasn't able to "go" for 3 days. So now he has a catheter in him and a bag attached to his leg and will have to have that for the rest of his life. I think he is a little bit closer to going into a nursing home. Assisted living would be a better option but because of his feeding tube, they won't take him. My brothers want to get together after the holidays to discuss what to do with him. He is having a lot more difficulty walking, and his memory is getting quite a bit worse lately.

My night cap involves chocolate chip cookies and milk! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Well Anita, it happened on Sunday. Coming back from the campout I made it almost to the bridge and had to turn around and go back around. :roll: We have to put up with that til the end of May.

I was out and about all day. Went to Sam's and Walmart. Brought my son some money so he can buy my grandson a Christmas present. He is staying with him 3 weeks while his ex-wife goes to Turkey. I don't have a clue what an 11 year old wants. They can go shopping. For some reason my grandson loves bread rolls and croissants. My son said the money would buy a lot of croissants. :lol: I was surprised that the traffic wasn't that bad in Lafayette and it didn't take forever to get checked out at Sam's.

I have a stove with the glass top and I sure wouldn't want to go back to the coils. Harold is really good at boiling things over and I hated having to clean the stove with the coils. We had a Jenn Air in the old house and I really wanted one this time. The place that sells them doesn't install them. The salesman told me I could just get a handy man to install it. I don't think so. I have had 2 Jenn Airs and they have to be vented to the outside either through the roof or a side wall. It's probably good that I didn't get one because Harold would probably set the house on fire using the grill. I use my cast iron cook ware on the glass top. It cooks just fine. The ones I have are smooth on the bottom.

Barbie, sorry to hear your dad is having more problems. I don't know how he is going to manage with a catheter and a bag. Harold had that for a while after his surgery. I can tell you he wouldn't have been able to manage it without my help. Hope you get to feeling better.

I haven't made the 3 envelope roast in a while. The last one I made was really good. My favorite roast is a chuck roast and for some reason they are hard to find here. Sam's sells them 2 to a package. I saw a post on Facebook about how to cook a standing rib roast in a slow cooker. I think that would be a waste of a good roast. The last time I priced one it was about $30. We use to have a rotisserie thing and a rib roast cooked on that was the best.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Martha, I smiled when I read your post. When we replaced the stove at the time I had all the new flooring put in I suggested a glass top. Dennis and I usually cook for ourselves but one thing Dennis never learned is to clean the stove top and pans under the coils......I was tired of that crud. :?

Barbie, it is sad to hear the continuing decline of your father's health but good to hear one of your brothers initiated the family meeting and is taking your Dad's condition and safety seriously. May continued strength flow your way...you immune system doesn't need any additional stress right now.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to Morning Coffee