Thursday, On the road !!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday, On the road !!

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 am

Good Morning !! We're in Ga. beautiful day for a drive. Tomorrow, hopefully I will feel like a free woman again. :roll: :D Beginning to wonder what we might find up there, have forced myself not to be to concerned most the year, so not thinking to hard yet :lol:

Hope your day wherever you are will be a good one, most of all Stay Safe Please,

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Re: Thursday, On the road !!

Postby gingerK » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:04 am

Top o' the mornin' to ya ladies!

CArol, good that you're on the move! I'm glad things are looking up again for you!

Got the old refrig cleaned out and everything in my spare refrig in my utility room. Told Molly (my dog) I know I can do this, I can pack my camper refer so I can get all this stuff in here too! LOL Supposed to be rain/freezing rain tomorrow so next job is to find rugs to put down so they don't track up my carpeting--refrig has to come in thru my front door and thru the living room. No way to get it thru my back door and past the chest freezer. Not enough room.

Got an odd message on FB last night from another petsitter in my area asking if I sat for other petsitters' personal pets. Now, I've been in this business for 7 yrs. and this is the first time I've ever been contacted by another pro asking this question. So after some back and forth messages, I agreed to talk to her about it. Not exactly sure what she is getting at but we will see if she calls.

Sun's out here this a.m. and temps are not too bad. My sinuses are kicking up today though so I will have to go find some Zyrtec before it gets out of hand.

Breakfast was blueberry muffins and coffee; there's some left so help yourself.

Take care all,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 am

Good Morning... Yea CArol is on her way!
Cloudy and rain in the forecast... guess it is better than snow or ice...
Not much happening here today... had my coffee but will need more kcups soon... I do have my self fill one but the kcups are the best...
I trust each of you will have a good day...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby asirimarco » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:30 am

Good Morning to All - we had a surprise here in San Carlos, MX during the night - rain, hard rain about two hours of it. And this morning it is very overcast and humid. LIke the overcast but not the humidity.
Hopefully we'll be heading south by the first of the week. Depends on if our bay doors are done or not. Went to see the progress yesterday and they are ready to be fiberglassed. But I'm thinking the humidity might be a set back. TIM this is Mexico!
Have good pastries and fresh coffee on. Went to the bakery yesterday and took lots of pictures of Christmas goodies. Going to make some empanadas - little meat pies - today before it heats up.
Stay safe in your travels.
asirimarco

Postby chalet05 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:50 am

Good Morning!

CArol, I am just so happy your freedom is soon to be! I know the months of waiting have been rough.

We had rain yesterday and I had an entire day at home to catch up on a few things. May be more of the same today.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:13 am

It is very foggy here this morning. Don't know what's up with that. Fog usually burns off by this time. Last night was the Christmas party for my club. I'm very glad it wasn't foggy last night. They have closed the bridge we take to town for 6 months. :shock: The shortest detour is a little curvy road with no lines and no shoulder. Coming home I took the long detour with a better road. We have a lot of truck traffic trying to come South and in 6 months they are going to tear up the detours. You should see these 18 wheelers trying to navigate the narrow streets in town. The big question is how many times I am going to make it to the bridge before I remember it's closed. :lol:

My present last night was a pretty necklace and ear rings. We play the Dirty Santa game so it gets a little crazy but we have fun. Who ever they got to cater the food was a little too free with the red pepper. Several of the dishes were just too spicy.

Yesterday I made cake balls and I am trying to dip them in chocolate. My stove is not cooperating. I had the burner on low for a long time and when I checked there was no heat at all on low. I can't put the heat too high or it burns the chocolate.

CArol and Liz have a safe trip. I'm so glad CArol is finally going to be a free woman. :)

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:35 am

Martha, can't you make a double boiler for the chocolate? That way it won't burn.

Ginger, I guess even petsitters need a petsitter once in awhile! Maybe she is going out of town for awhile?

Nothing much going on here today. Just getting ready for work. Just realized my cosmetology license is coming due next month (where does the time go??) and so the money I had for the kayak will now be going to renew that (plus the cost of the new 4 hour class they now require before renewal :roll: ). Luckily, I can take the class on line.

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:42 am

Hi Ladies

A very sad day here. My sister died unexpectedly early yesterday morning. Her rehab was going very well and we expected her to be home for her birthday on Christmas. Christmas this year will be very hard.

She developed a blockage and they could not do emergency surgery because they could not stabilize her heart because of her valve problem. Our only thankful prayer at this time is that she did not suffer and did not spend the rest of her life in a nursing home because of her MS.

Please keep her husband Ken and my mom in your thoughts.

Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Irmi » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:48 am

Cheryl,, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I was really hoping that after some rehab, she'd be able to come home. Prayers are being sent to you and your family.
Irmi

Postby chalet05 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:51 am

Cheryl, such sad news. Prayers for you and your family. That is such a nice photo of happier times. Hugs.
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:58 pm

So sorry for your loss Cheryl. My prayers are with you and your family. Hold the good times close. (((((HUGS)))))
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby gingerK » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Oh Cheryl, such awful news, I'm so very sorry about your sister. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:41 pm

so sorry for your loss Cheryl
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Cheryl I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Oh my heart is broken with you Cheryl... losing a sister is so hard... There is nothing I can say to make the way easier but know I am and will continue to pray for you Ken and your mom and dad... if you need to talk please call...
Sending you hugs and love always,
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Next

Return to Morning Coffee