Monday Morning Madness

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday Morning Madness

Postby linann » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:18 am

Another Monday, another week. Getting ready to head off to work. So much to do this week with Thanksgiving almost here.

We are going out to dinner again this year for Thanksgiving, our new tradition. Family coming in to see the new baby. He is so cute and growing. Also planning a kayak excursion after Thanksgiving (on the GTG site). Rained last night and supposed to rain this week up to Thursday, then turn cold again. Of course, cold really depends on your location because our cold is a heat wave for most of you.

Best wishes for a nice day and week!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Re: Monday Morning Madness

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:53 am

ØA good Morning Linann and everyone,

Rain and mild temps have been the word here all weekend. That combination needless to say, has all but wiped out the snow we had this past week. Probably about 2-3 inches on ground. Hard to judge as there are also bare spots here and there. Dramatic change in 48 hours. That Lake effect stuff is all water and doesn't take much to melt it down. But snow returning again tonight and tomorrow, so we will have a White Thanksgiving.

Sure sounds like the Normal GTG was a success and now Carolb will be off to see BJ. Travel safe Carol :) Anita, Loking forward to your pics and tales of your Polar Bear adventure. Ava, hope your arm heals up, so no more pain. Kathy, so sorry to hear about your sis, my cousin's wife has MS too, so understand where you are coming from. Irmi, finally arrived in the Sunshine State. Enjoy the winter.

Chiropractor appt. on schedule this morning. Routine check up. Preventive maintenance so to speak :lol: Then some errands and start of "Puppy Shopping" as I need a few things. Hard to believeI will be getting her in a bit over 3 weeks. Am trying to post pic on forum here from photobucketlet for IPad, but it keeps locking up.

Guess I had better get a move on. Few things todo this morning. Encore I leave. Have a nice day all :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gingerK » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 am

Wet morning in IL!

What fun we had at Kathleen's this past weekend! Can you imagine the 3 of us ladies all cooking in Kathleen's kitchen at the same time? I have the pics to prove it just need to figure out how to post them from my photobucket. May take me a bit to get it done.

Yesterday I think things kind of caught up with me, I didn't do much all day other than my regular chores. Kind of layed around all day and rested. Today is so nasty out here, I actually put the blankets on the horses (they didn't think they needed them and let me know that but then, they hadn't been outside yet either). Rain changing over to snow, I sure hope Carolb doesn't have trouble getting on her way.

Linann, I'll be going out for T-day dinner too, this year. I have so many bookings for petsits on Thanksgiving and the weekend that I don't have time to fix a thing for dinner. DH said we'll just go out to a restaurant, sounds ok to me but still feels funny, like something missing. We were invited to friends' for dinner but it would be too hard to get there and back with my schedule.
Sue, sure am looking forward to puppy pictures. Who doesn't fall in love with a puppy? Even my DH's dog Shooter was cute as a little guy.
Not sure what all has been going on here as I wasn't on yesterday or Saturday, so will go now and have a look at other threads to see.

Have a great day and stay safe,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 am

Good Morning All, Oh Sue, a new puppy for Christmas!!! What a wonderful time for you. Chargers won yesterday in a Comedy of Errors, as the paper said. Quite a crowd at the daughters...six dogs and ten humans. Lots of yelling and screaming. The weather reports are coming in and I sincerely hope all our forum ladies are traveling safely on the roads.
I have several things to take care of today....lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby chalet05 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:48 am

Good Morning,

I am still behind with the news here but see Sue is going to get a puppy! Ava, haven't read what happened to your arm yet, but I hope it is better. Beth can't quite escape nasty weather - hopefully soon! Great GTG at Kathleen's! Afraid Carolb may hit more bad weather along the way - safe travels, girl! Irmi enjoying Florida!! Some of you having Thanksgiving dinner out - good plan! I have also wondered about Anna - hope someone can get in touch with her. Cheryl, very sorry about your sister. Donna, hope you are feeling better. CArol, seeing the light at the end of your dependence?

We had planned to go out for Thanksgiving, but after all the unhealthy, delicious food we ate last week we really aren't sure we want to!! I've already handled a couple of trouble fixing phone calls this morning. Now it is get through the chores!

I downloaded photos last evening - have to be happy with what I was able to get. Internet isn't the greatest right now.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Rain has stopped but everything is wet and steaming. Also looks like new crop of Mosquitos.

Waiting at Camping Workd to get brake light bulbs replaced so I can drive safely. Then Groceries and off to TH Stone state park east of here. Making my way to Fort Clinch next week. Got new table/shelf so that will be major project for next month. Going to need drill I think but will work on figuring it all out. I have some old screw holes from removed dinette so hoping to use a couple of those.

Looking for puppy pictures, Sue. How old will we be when you get her?
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Liz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Afternoon here. Spent the morning doing laundry. Celebrating Thanksgiving twice this week. Yesterday there was a Community Thanksgiving covered dish at one of the churches (Methodist) in town after morning church services. For certain occasions the 6 churches in the area get together to worship together, and a community Thanksgiving service was held last evening at the Baptist Church. The churches take turns hosting a community service, but all the pastors participate in the service. A love offering goes to a local charity, in this case a family in need.

On Thanksgiving Day, there will be another potluck dinner here at the campground. I'm looking forward to that because it will give me a chance to get better acquainted with my neighbors here in the park.

Still warm and very humid here. I'm looking forward to the cold front coming through.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Middle Afternoon here... Normal is a bit sadder today as Carolb left for hopefully sunny pastures... I so enjoyed her being here... she even shoveled the snow off my deck and steps... will all be melted by evening... not only were there three cooks in the kitchen remember this is not a stick and brick home but a mobile home... sure glad we all got along!! Carol cleaned up... Kathy came on Friday evening as there was predicted ice so she did get a bit of a rest by not having to drive here on Sat and visit also!! The ladies of this forum are the bestest in the whole world (this Mac did not want me to say bestest!) I wonder if we will ever run out of stories!
Just got home around 2 from my doctor appointments... finished for the next 6 months now... my rheumatologist injected my left knee... but did not have enough time to do the left shoulder... will see how the next few days goes...
Liz I would love to be at the pot luck at Sportsmans Cove! The last year I was there there were hardly any people except those going to work every day... hope many more snow birds are there!!
Kathy you have been going like the energizer bunny for a long while glad Sunday held nothing but regular chores!
I am finished for now... have a great day! or evening...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 pm

I lost my signal trying to post early today. Anyway, I'm west of Deming, NM, taking the interstate I hate lol and winds picked up. So I'm off the road for the night, Boondocking, and will run my generator under a load later, as it's time. Temps in Tucson look fantastic and I'll probably be there by noon or early afternoon. Yay!

Anita, love the one picture so far. Awesome!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Afternoon here in sunny CA. Rain last week put us almost to half our rainfall for this time of year. Most would laugh because our 50% point is about 2.5 inches by November. So the drought goes on for now. So glad to hear various groups of our members are sharing good times this week. Hope those with aches and pains have comfort and healing. We will have a mostly quiet week. I've been to Curves today and have stuff to do around the house this afternoon. If husband is ok we will do some shopping tomorrow. He hopes to find a natural ham ( minus nitrites) to put on smoker Wednesday for thursday and I will fix sides. I used to fix turkey both thanksgiving and Christmas but with just 3 of us, and son does not like turkey, we thought do something different. It's just not like it was when we had boys and their friends in and out all week and friends for dinner. But we will enjoy ourselves one way or the other. I don't do black Friday so will simply watch reports of people fighting crowds and parking from the comfort of my recliner as I order gifts online. Have a good week all. There is something about what Sue of sueandcrew says about eating a turkey sandwich as she sits out being thankful for mother nature and her happy life.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:26 pm

JudyJB wrote:Looking for puppy pictures, Sue. How old will we be when you get her?

About 3 weeks older than "we" are now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yesterday was so warm out and all the ice on the parking lots melted off finally. I went out after work and did some shopping I was putting off due to the cold temps last week. Today is a whole 'nother deal!! Colder than crap! Windy as all heck! Nasty blowing snow all over! ACK!!! :shock: :twisted: Sitting home tonight with my electric fireplace on to make it cozier in here!

Thursday, I will be going to my brother's house with my dad for T-Day. Friday morning I have a doctor appointment (yearly physical) and then go out shopping like a crazy person! :o Need to go to Walmart and pick up a 5 gallon aquarium I ordered and some other fishy things for it (will get the fish when I get closer to home so they don't freeze to death in the car). Also might drive up north a ways from there to check out the little popup camper I saw on Craigs List. If I can borrow some money from the bank for it, I may just bring it home with me if I really like it! Just can't afford the hard sided trailer I found on CL right now, but this one would be a good start for me.

Sue, can't wait to see pics of the puppy once he/she is home! That will certainly keep you busy this winter! Will be nice to have a new companion around and a traveling partner again.

Hope you all had a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee