A Normal Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A Normal Saturday

Postby carolb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 am

:lol: Hope no one beats me posting, cuz I finally have a great subject line :lol:

G'morning all--& yes, I'm in Normal IL with Kathleen! Hooray :P Had a long driving day yesterday, so turned in early last night before Kathy was to arrive, so I'm really looking forward to seeing two Kathy's when I go inside. Toasty in HB, courtesy of Kathleen's electric AND Mother Nature--temp above freezing this a.m.!

Beth, how great that you are south & warmer, & nice to find a free cg! Didn't see where Anita saw polar bears--fb maybe? BJ, send me your address please--I'll see you Monday :D Irmi, glad you've also gotten further south, & safe travels today. I'm so jealous of those of you who can finally open your doors. O'Sharon, I woke to about 4" of fresh snow in Cleveland yesterday a.m., but thankfully, it had stopped, & once I got south, it was a dry, sunny day!

Okay, I might mosey in to see if anyone is awake yet, but enjoying my coffee in HB. AND I have running water:P Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: A Normal Saturday

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 am

Good morning Carolb...and all...glad you are Normal today ...lol...have a great GTG...
rain and very cloudy this am...almost dark...gloomy...was going to go to an art show today
but doesn't look good for that..so might just clean , organize, and sew in the rig today...and
watch collage football...since moving to Florida...I got interested in their collage football...
went to doc yesterday...still have kidney stone..had x-ray...he thinks it is almost in the bladder that is why the discomfort there...gave me some med and drink drink water...so have a fun filled day and be safe...donna & Maggie... ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby Colliemom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:50 am

Yes Carolb, I am awake. Just finished reading the last couple mornings worth of posts. Glad to hear you arrived in Normal safely. I was worried about you being along the lake with all the crazy snows.

Wow, lots of people busy, busy. Donna having both bladder and kidney stone issues. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Irmi and Steve on the road again. Will you be meeting up with Liz in Ocala? Anita saw polar bears! Where's the pics?
BJ, know you are Loking forward to seeing Carolb after she leaves Kathleen's. Ava, Beth, glad to hear you are into warmer temps. Beth, will you be working this winter? So much going other places, can't keep up here.

Yes, our snow has stopped. We set a record snowfall of 29.6 inches in 3 days. So now have over 3 feet on ground. But it's paltry compared to Buffalo area. Now we have freezing rain advisory till noon today :?: :roll: then some rain through weekend before getting cold again. Only going to make I out to as our roads are snow covered. Well, this person isn't going anywhere anyway. Did that yesterday. Vinyl blinds shortening today and jigsaw puzzle tomwork on will keep me busy.

Off to mailbox to send out some mail. You all have a great day out there, drive safe, keep,warm and enjoy each other'so company where there are mini GTG's :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Irmi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 am

Good morning Carolb, Donna, Sue & everyone!

Carolb, so glad you are at Kathleen's and will be enjoying your Thanksgiving dinner today with her and Kathy. Will Cheryl be able to make it? that's great that you have running water! Donna, according to the weather forecast in Ocala, there is only a 20% chance of rain until later in the afternoon, so I hope it holds off until we're set up in our site. Sue, you got a lot of snow and with the freezing rain coming, it's a good day to say inside. I'm sure we'll be seeing Liz and hopefully others this winter while we're in FL.

We're in Brunswick GA, 23 miles north of FL and we'll be leaving soon for the last leg of our trip. Other than the idiot drivers on the road, we've had a good trip and the weather has been really nice, with lots of sunshine and warmer temperatures. It's time to pull in the slides and get out of here. Safe travels to everyone on the road and to everyone else, I wish you a great day.

We'
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:11 am

I'm still laying in bed. But will get up and the road shortly. I'm heading into NM today and depending on where I stop will mean whether I have internet. So no worries if I miss a day or more.

Enjoy your early Thanksgiving dinner with friends at Kath's. Love how that fell together.

Sue, I would have enjoyed playing in that snow for a short time. Yuck on the rain on top of it.

Carol, Anita's been keeping us all abreast of the polar bears in the general room.

Safe driving and landings in Ocala, Irmi.

Ok, time for me to get moving.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Othersharon » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:13 am

Good morning! Woke up to sun and cold but at least no snow! Carol, glad you made it to IL and are apparently thawed out! No leaks? Have a good time with the gtg! Donna, sure hope you start feeling better soon. i've been watching the snow stories out of the Buffalo area and sure am glad I don't live in that part of the country! And rain on top of it today. Irmi, glad you are almost to where you're going and the weather is better for you. Sue, 3 feet is a bunch of snow! I'd be staying home too! Berh,bet you're glad to be south of where you were!

Not sure what I'm going to get into today. Maybe finish up some stuff outside before the rain moves in later today. Since the wind has finally stopped maybe I can finally get the panels up on the back porch to help stop all the weather from coming onto that part of the house. But meanwhile, I have coffee and yogart for breakfast if you're interested! Have a great day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Postby asirimarco » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 am

Good Morning To All - Just got light out here so I got up and now the trash trucks are here - what a racket - everyone in the park will be up soon.
Going to do some cleaning in here today and laundry. Nothing else planned. We are expecting our friends who are driving here from Belize - they store their motorhome here for the summer. The RV park here in San Carlos has a few more people than last year. Be fun to see them again. But most are just here for a day or two on their way south.
Glad the snow has stopped for some of you. I see our home town will be getting a little warmer weather and rain.
Beth hope you find a warm place, not many of them around this year.
asirimarco

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:44 am

Good morning. Cloudy and misty now and then here. Going to the Gator game in Gainesville with my dd's. Hope any rain holds off for that and for Irmi and Steve's arrival in Ocala. Safe travels, Irmi, I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Carol, sorry the trash truck wakes everybody up, but at least they come for the trash. That's a plus.

Hope everyone on the road has a pleasant travel day.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 am

good morning
it will be a normal saturday for me too, you know....laundry and groceries. Will also do a little yard work once it warms up enough for me to go out. It was a little nippy in here this morning when I got up, turned the heater on high, threw on my robe and two pairs of socks. We're good but I do need to call the furnace service guy to come out and service the furnace. We have propane and the stove works but the furnace is only blowing cold air. Did a little research and since it sat for so long (4 years)
its recommended to do a complete service. Although I have the electric heater, the furnace warms it up in here much quicker early in the morning when I get up.
Got a really nice letter from ss yesterday, I'm very pleased.
Not much else happening here, ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MelissaD » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:10 am

Morning All,

Slow start but will be heading out soon. The "resort/CG" we be belong to is having their Thanksgiving day dinner tonight so we'll go get some breakfast then head to Ohio for a swim and dinner with friends. I've always enjoyed going out for breakfast on Saturday morning. Sort of makes the weekend special. Hard to believe this year is almost over.

Glad everyone seems OK.
MelissaD

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:13 am

Good Morning, woke to rain this morning and doesn't look like the sun is going to get out today. Its ok, probably need it and I have plans to bake today, so weather outside is never a problem on my "feel like cooking days" :roll: :D Carolb, I'm so glad you are Normal today, oh, I mean that you are in Normal :lol: :roll: Sorry, I just couldn't let that go by :D Know you all will have a great time, wishing I could be there, hope the sun is shining nicely for you all.

I went to school yesterday and had "Hawk dogs" :roll: Grands school had a big rally day and had hot dogs, (school mascot is the Hawks). So between the cheerleaders, band and school choir and dance group, we ate. I mean we really were set in the middle of these groups. I have to add that indigestion was served as a side :lol: I actually enjoyed it, we visited classrooms before and that was fun. Nice to see whats going on, can't say I understood some of the stuff my grandson in first grade was supposed to comprehend though, its this common core and I saw no reasoning in what he was doing and bless his heart he seemed puzzled too. Something parents sure can't help their children with, I'm thinking. Words he was to match up with another, were so far off from one another, I saw no reasoning at all in it. Of course, he was on a computer and had ear phones on, so what he was hearing might have helped fix the puzzle somewhat, (giving the benefit of the doubt here) The older generation being able to write, where its readable and read and comprehend and add in their heads totals when buying something, doesn't seem too bad, getting back to the real basics makes more sense to me, but then what do I know. Just so glad I am not raising a child in this generation. Had a fun day though.

Irmi, glad you all are headed south, hope to see you sometime this winter. I'll be up that way soon. Anita's trip sounds like its been a great success, waiting for pictures, they have to be fabulous. I love everyone else's trips, some I have not ever intended to do, I most enjoy them, and this trip of Anita's is one of those. Glad Beth is getting closer to being warm. Don't think she is yet, just warmer, she'll soon be warm, I hope. Wishing safe travels to all of you on the road, in some areas, take great care , please.

On to baking here, and hoping I'm not to tempted to taste to much of it :o :lol: Wishing you all a good day,
CArol :)
Liz and Alice got in first, enjoy your game Liz and Alice, hopefully you'll have some fun besides chores in your day. Morning to you too, Melissa, will try posting again :) Hopefully third try is a charm and not a poof !!!! :o
Carolinagal

Postby chalet05 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:16 am

Good morning! I have gotten behind with reading here but will catch up! Wonderful trip and we leave Winnipeg in a few hours.

To the ladies in Normal, have a wonderful time together!

I'm ready to get back to 'normal'!
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:25 am

Finally up and getting ready for a bike ride. I went for one yesterday and not too bad on my sore hand. Gorgeous white beach here but I have to find some beach shoes so I do not ruin another good pair of shoes. Going to rain late afternoon so got to get going.

Started out but came back from bike ride attempt. Drizzle and rain here now. Darn :cry:
Last edited by JudyJB on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:34 am

Mornin' Ladies and all that follow...
Sure wish I could be with the Double K's (Kathleen & Kathy) having a 'Normal' day with Carol for an early Thanksgiving, but not to be this year. Hope Kathy missed the freezing rain. Picking up Mom in a bit to take her to visit my sis who is currently in ICU since Thursday. Her MS is really taking a toll on her, and she is refusing to take some medicine and is retaining massive amounts of fluids. Didn't even recognize me the other day. Hopefully they can get her back on track, but I doubt she's ever really going to walk again. What a horrible disease.
(Sorry for unloading, but I know you ladies understand).

Donna sure wish you'd pass that stone soon. Being that uncomfortable is hard to live with. Did they say anything about drinking cranberry juice too? A friend who live few blocks away gets them and her doctor said it's our water and to only drink bottled. The Joliet wells are getting better, but not good enough yet I guess.

Sue sorry to say, but glad we didn't get any snow yet like you did. Do you ever have to shovel your roof? Makes commute horrible and the new boss seems to be a little . . . unfair (being polite). Melissa - did you get any of the white stuff? Northern IN & southern MI got slammed for a few days too.

Nice to hear most heading south are at or almost at their destination, until you have an itch to move on.

Watcha baking Carol? I don't need any food, but baking smell in the house would be welcome. Can you bottle & send it to me?

Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby MelissaD » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:26 pm

IrishIroamed wrote:Melissa - did you get any of the white stuff? Northern IN & southern MI got slammed for a few days too.

We only got an inch or two and the rain washed it away today. North of us about 45 miles, in MI I believe they got closer to a foot. Not looking forward to this winter.
MelissaD

Return to Morning Coffee