Rain, rain go away

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Rain, rain go away

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:50 pm

I have a lot of oatmeal. We were always running out so I bought a box at Sam's and Harold quit eating it everyday. :roll: My favorite cookies are oatmeal but I don't need to be eating cookies. I have a dessert to make for the Club I belong to and I keep putting it off. I can't decide what to make.

It didn't get into the 20's like the weather people said. The lowest I saw was 36. I'm not complaining. I haven't heard from my brother in Canada lately. They must have froze. They sent me pictures last week of the snow. I don't know how people live in that every year.

We had a horse we had trouble with every year because he wouldn't drink enough water in the winter. When we built the barn I wanted to put in waterers that wouldn't freeze but my DH said they were too expensive. I bet when he is out fixing broken pipes in the cold he wishes he had listened to me. We usually only have a couple of freezes a year but we have pipes running all over.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Redetotry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Irmi wrote:Good morning everyone!

BJ, did you ever order the pendant you told us about?

No Irmi I didn't, after not hearing a response for a week I sent an email and told them to forget it! Among other things I said that unless she was a relative I doubted she would have a job in customer service very long. I was rather disappointed but figured it was no place to do business with. No telling what she would have sent!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Oma » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Sitting in the cell phone lot waiting for mil flight to arrive.

I do understand about the cold. I'm originally from Maine but I live in Florida so I can wear flip flops year round :lol: Today I had to put on my tennis shoes. Bah humbug :D :D

Liz I bet that oatmeal was a sight to see :shock: I hope Chalet05 gets to see the polar bears. If not come to Florida. We look like polar bears all dressed up when it hits 65* down here. Such a thing to see 8-)

Take care and stay warm.

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Amazingly, it's forecast to be warmer in Anchorage (34 degrees) on Wednesday morning than in Tallahassee, Fla. (22 degrees), the Weather Channel predicts.

Was at or below freezing last night in almost all 49 states! :o
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Oma wrote:

I do understand about the cold. I'm originally from Maine but I live in Florida so I can wear flip flops year round :lol: Today I had to put on my tennis shoes. Bah humbug :D :D

Oma/Vicki

When I was in Fort Worth last week my niece that lives there came to meet us wearing flip flops. She was raised in South Louisiana and we hate to give up the shorts and flip flops too. I ended up having to lend her a jacket. I always have a jacket in my car because they keep the restaurants too cold in the summer. :lol:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee