Monday with O'Sharon

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Monday with O'Sharon

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:31 pm

CArol, I finally caught up with my son on Saturday. I took him and his girlfriend out to eat. He found THE jacket he wanted. :roll: He was so happy. It's a good thing I didn't pick one because I wasn't even close to knowing what he wanted.

It's overcast, windy and cold today. The wind chill makes it feel like 35. It's suppose to get down to 27 tonight. We will be lucky if we don't have a pipe break somewhere. We got about 1 1/2 inches of rain and there were several small tornados in Louisiana. Look out Florida and Georgia. I need to put up the curtain across the front of my motorhome so the cab doesn't let out the heat.

I have a pot of chili on the stove. Chili doesn't agree with me but Harold thinks he has to have chili when it's cold. I would rather have chicken and sausage gumbo.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:09 pm

I arrived here at Fort Pickens campground at the Gulf Shores National Seashore yesterday to 73 degree weather and beautiful sun!

Well, it was still warm until 6:00 am this morning when the cold front went through, lots of rain, and more wind, plus temps today are going to be lucky to make it to 55 with low tonight of 30! Wow what a difference. I was going to take a long beach walk today, but I think I will put it off for a couple of days. Also, they came around and told us they would be shutting down the dump station this afternoon until Wednesday afternoon. Big advantage of being alone is not using much water, so I will be fine.

Not as cold here as it was in Vicksburg a couple of days ago, but still chilly. I'll spend today baking and catching up on work. Might even get the vacuum out and see if I can reduce the dust in this place, although I suspect that is hopeless. Tomorrow I will drive down to the fort and go for a tour and then drive into town to explore. Wish I could ride my bike but my hand is just still too sore.

This is a gorgeous campground (Loop A), by the way, and half price for us seniors, so only $13 per night for water and electric on asphalt pads with asphalt roads, well spread apart. Plus, it is only maybe 600 hundred feet from the beach, which is just across the road. Road has little traffic and we are five miles from town, so very peaceful here and can hear the surf. If I did not have reservations down the beach at St Andrews State Park and at TH Stone State Park, I could easily spend a week or more here. Never get tired of beaches, and this looks like a good one. Sand is incredible white, by the way!! Going to be on the Gulf for next two weeks and then on Atlantic ocean at Fort Clinch first two weeks of December. :D

Mickie, the best part of being retired is knowing you don't have to get up at a specific time or really do anything at a specific time. Welcome to freedom!!
Last edited by JudyJB on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Congrats on your decision, Sue - looking forward to seeing the pup!

My inside is all ready to go. Waiting to fill my tank with water, and do the outside stuff till tomorrow, since I will not leave until the sun has come up and the gradual warm-up has started. Will probably be 0 or possibly even lower when I get up in the morning :o - So it would be nice to be in the teens before I start driving, maybe by 10 or 11? And knowing that I could get somewhere where it even gets up to freezing - been awhile since I've seen that! Promise to drive very carefully and if anything seems amiss in the morning, I'll be sitting here till the weekend - which will be the next window of opportunity to start south! But after I get on the road, I'm going to steadily drive as much as I can. I have 3 possible destinations picked out and am hoping I can make it to at least the 2nd. But won't push myself unless I know I'm okay to do so.

As long as my phone has service, I'll check in. I truly appreciate everyone's concerns! And thank you!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Late for MC but just wanted to add my congrats Mickie on your pending retirement and to Sue for finding her new furbaby! :D
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:10 pm

And, Mickie, I meant to say congrats on your being able to retire - how could I forget that - that's a milestone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee