Raining in Florida

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Raining in Florida

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Worked all day and then went to my dad's afterward. All of the (50+) bags of leaves from the kids raking last Thursday, were all lined up along the street on the outside of the fence, per the instructions from the city, to be picked up sometime this week. Well, with the big snowstorm coming tonight and tomorrow, I just imagined the snowplows either knocking the bags into the street and making a huge mess, or just covering them up in a big mushy snowpile never to be seen again until spring. Also the bags are biodegradable, so will easily fall apart if too wet for too long. So I decided to go over and move them all to the inside of the fence to protect them a little more from the plows and snow. At least if the bags do fall apart, the leaves won't be all over in the street.

We are in the middle of the worst part of the storm coming with predictions now at 12-18 inches of snow here right thru the Twin Cities! :shock: The stores around here have been really busy today and many have run out of shovels, etc. It will be interesting to see how bad it does get. I have Monday off, but told my manager that I will be "on call" in case anyone can't make it in to work, since I just live 1 mile away and have a 4WD Jeep. My manager lives over 30 miles away so she might not be able to make it in. Surprisingly, we tend to get really busy during snowstorms, especially if the schools are closed.

Hope you all had a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee