Thursday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Thursday Morning

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:31 pm

All I can say is WOW when the site goes down everyone surfaces... so glad to see all of the posts took me 15 minutes to read them all!! It is so interesting to care about people we have never met!!

My lunch saga continues... today burrito, beans with kidney beans, corn with black beans, huge biscuit anyone sense a carb over load? I took one bite of each... but the best was the milk and cantaloupe...

Margie got her injections and Tim is staying with her... Tims surgery is delayed until next Friday at 3pm...

CArol glad the job is done! Sue glad you are looking forward to a new fur baby! It does get lonesome without one... Carolb just pack up and go fast before the snow flies... My friend with cancer was rooting for KC also... I got a laugh about the missing donuts... that is what Shadow does.. he is getting very bold and looks for things I forget to put on the counter... grrrrr... BJ that sounds like a pain in the tush... would be skeptical about buying anything from them... Irmi your winter adventure continues... Wow so many posts cannot write anymore... take care everyone... smile often...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Still on my way to Florida's panhandle, but have stopped for a couple of days rest and work catch-up at Homolovi Ruins State park in Arizona. Very, very peaceful and quiet around here since not many campers here this time of year. At night I can see cars on the freeway and Winslow in the distance, but no noise at all. I like the extra-wide asphalt camping pads. I parked in the middle so I can walk around without stepping on the dirt--important in an area with potentially nasty insects and rattlesnakes! They closed off the steps to the visitor center because the rattlesnakes tend to hang out there, so you have to walk around on the handicap access sidewalk. Have seen a few birds and one desert cottontail so far. Good cell service, so can get work done.

Spent the night a couple of nights ago with my cousin and his wife at Lake Mead, and was very happy to have him fix the large piece of trim that fell off on the bouncy gravel road through Ash Meadows the other day. Also enjoyed a long talk with my nephew last night. He might join me in Myakka River State Park near Sarasota just before Christmas for a few days.

Finally found a large bandaid that will stick on my surgery scar. The surgery itself has healed completely, but the skin peeled off around it and the pink new skin hurts when it rubs against my computer mouse and the RV steering wheel when I drive so I need to cover it at least part of the day. I still cannot lean on anything with that hand because of the deeper pain, so am looking for that to get better also. Getting tired of having to do everything with my left hand.

Nice to see so many people checking in and updating us all.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Liz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Gotta love a doctor that sees you on time, examines you, decides you need surgery, performs the surgery, and sends you home with post-surgery instructions and a follow-up visit in 3 weeks....all within the space of an hour and a half. Such was my visit to my podiatrist today with a chronic in-grown toenail. Not a chatty doctor, but he gets it done!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Liz, healthy feet do support longer walks..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby monik7 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:59 pm

chalet05 wrote:I am also sorry the Royals lost. :(.

I'm not. Yay Giants!!!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Good deal, Liz.

LOL, Sandi!

And I'm COLD. It says it's 40 - but then it says "real feel 29" And the wind is 20-24 mph. And I'm cold. I know, I said that already. There's a reason I don't complain about the heat in the summer .... cuz I much prefer that to this. Need to take Peaches out one more time. Luckily she won't need to go again after that till morning.

The tree outside my window is loaded with robins. Under it are 1/2 a dozen pheasants wandering around. I took a drive into the big town of Pierre today and saw a couple bald eagles on a tree. A hawk keeps soaring over this area. So, I can complain about the weather, but the birds are keeping me entertained.

Got lucky today - they asked me to come in for the morning (was supposed to be my day off) and we hustled and got the extra work down in a couple hours - I didn't want to be there all morning! Next day off, Saturday - weather supposed to be a bit warmer. I hope! Just looked and overnight tonight will get down to 17. Worst part? That's when I'll be having to walk Peaches and head into work.

OK, I'm going to quit complaining now.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Wow Liz that is a great time... glad the toe will soon be better... my son had a chronic ingrown big toe nail and he kept operating on it himself... made me shiver... then he got a real doctor to operate on it... best way...
Take it easy and heal fast!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby ryegal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi All, well I arrived home and my sons birthday, so it was a good time and everyone was happy to hear about my trip. My son Mark who is very afraid when I travel... some of the reason I decided to not go south this winter. But he actually said he admired me for my travels..............This is a huge thing for him and almost blew me away. life is good. I told them all I was going to head East again next fall. I don't usually tell them until it is almost time to go. Went to Dr. today all is well.
ryegal

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Wow, so much to read tonight! Had to take notes to remember everything to comment on...

Sue, could you look into fostering a dog from a local shelter for the winter? They always need foster homes for their animals so they have room to take in more needy pets.

Cheryl, I also read about the bear selfies. How stupid is that?? And I think those are grizzlies, which you really don't want to mess with! Yikes! :roll:

Carolb, just leave the leaves and head south! Can you get someone else to rake them up for you, or just leave them until you get back? There can't be that many that will make too big of a mess, are there?

Louise, The William is a bad doggy! :roll: (but probably a happy one! :D )

CArol, glad your eyes are finally taken care of and healing up well! Hope you will be on the road soon!

Velda, I am surprised your hubby is so much into cooking since he can't eat solid food right now. Good for him!

Judy, be careful of those rattle snakes! Keep your eyes peeled to the ground and under your rig!

Beth, sounds like you have the same weather we are having just east of you. Tomorrow will barely get above 40 with a low of 20 tomorrow night for the trick or treaters! Supposed to warm up some next week tho.

Have a good night!

Oh, and don't forget to say "RABBITS" after midnight tomorrow!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dpf » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Well, I'm doing a happy dance! They have been jetting the sewer lines at the prison. My boss just called an told me to stay home tomorrow because there was a problem found in the line in front of our building....an electrical line that had been put INTO the sewer line. Our building is closed until they fix the problem! I stay home WITH pay!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:28 pm

dpf wrote:Well, I'm doing a happy dance! They have been jetting the sewer lines at the prison. My boss just called an told me to stay home tomorrow because there was a problem found in the line in front of our building....an electrical line that had been put INTO the sewer line. Our building is closed until they fix the problem! I stay home WITH pay!

Now that's good news. Although electric line in the sewer, yikes, sounds dangerous.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 am

Barbie, Mel's taste buds are somewhat beginning to come back to life so he loves anything highly flavored. He has always been good at adding herbs and spices, so he makes whatever we like and then puts it in the Vitamix and eats it as soup. Texture may not be what you or I would eat, but he gets to eat the favors which he can enjoy as much as he is able. Its easier than having to make different food for each. The chili was wonderful, HOT but wonderful with 3 types chilis/peppers and 3 types meat.
Velda
MandysMom

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee