Sunny Monday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Monday...

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:28 am

Good morning everyone... wall to wall sunshine today ... 80s for a temp...
A great morning to head on over to Wickham Park Campground.... that is where Maggie and I are headed this morning to spend the night... it is dump tank time.. I don't mind at all
cuz I get to go away for a night camping... even if I'm alone it's okay... I have to admit I am
getting pretty depressed at dads.... so this will be fun for us... and anytime I can get the rig
out of the driveway it is a good thing... well I better get busy so I can leave soon... have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Sunny Monday...

Postby avalen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:57 am

Good morning
ready to go to work and I still have 45 min to spare. I was up early. Will have to take my car in today to have a new thermostat put in so the check engine light will stay off. Code reader claims that's what it is, already put more fluid in the recovery bottle and put on a new gas cap. It will not pass emissions if the check engine light is on. Hate spending the $$, but it is what it is. Will try and get that done during my break.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:11 am

Three weeks from today, if the weather cooperates, I'll be heading south! Meantime it's a dreary day today and temps are starting to drop. probably have to unhook my water overnight tomorrow. I'm thinking of avoiding moving into the building available if I can make it these last three weeks. I'll watch the temps closely, and as long as I can stay warm enough inside, well, just like having windows to the outside world.

Peaches is back in bed and time for me to head to work. Have a great day all.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:13 am

Beautiful day in Normal... the sun is shining and it will be a summer like day... not many of these left before the white stuff starts falling...
Enjoy your camping day Donna... I know the feeling... I do not mind being alone either... Ava sure is a pain when our cars have a headache... well not the car! but it makes your headache... lol my low tire light is on...
My grandson Pete showed me what the re-call is on my car. A piece to be put in the slot of the keys... he will bring them and fix the keys on Sunday in church no less!!
Velda is that the normal process for the shoulder?... Tim is very nervous...
Now that most of the leaves are down I can hear the traffic on I-55... the leaves sure do absorb sound!
Take care everyone... I will get out on the trail this afternoon...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby asirimarco » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 am

Good Morning to All - it is still dark here in Vegas but couldn't stay in bed any longer. Having a quiet time here. Watched the race on TV yesterday, walked around the campground some and did all the laundry.
We did not want to use the car as it is having a problem...what is it about Vegas and that car. So Bill is going to take it next door to the mechanic this morning. Have a feeling it might be a major problem...just what we need. :cry:
At least Bill seems to be feeling better - thank goodness for that.
This RV park is very old and the spaces are very small - so everyone is kind of crowded. Got a big RV in next to us yesterday and they have set up their big rug and chairs half on to our site. Don't care about that but they like to sit outside and SMOKE - so we have to keep our windows closed...
No goodies this morning - I ate all the Argentine pastries yesterday! But do have fresh coffee brewing.
All who are traveling have a safe day.
asirimarco

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 am

Good morning
Near perfect weather over the weekend made it hard to stay focused on inside tasks in need of attention. Hard to believe it is the last week of Oct. already.
I did make it to the campground on Saturday. Since it doesn't look like Magic is going anywhere before Jan., I added stabilizer to gas and ran both the engine and generator for a while and drained the water lines and heater. Did a make shift fix (I hope) to the gap between windows over dining area - stuffed it with crumpled aluminum foil. Will post photos when I get them off camera and maybe one of you can come up with a better suggestion. I've only had water get in twice and both times during a storm with high winds against that side of RV. Have to get back down there this week because I forgot to put the new tag on and old one expires Friday. Guess I'm getting absent minded.
Looking at the long range forecast for this winter it appears just about anywhere in the southeast could be bad - icy storms from the TN Valley (where I live) to the Gulf Coast and wetter than normal in FL with potential for a lot of severe weather to include tornados. Sure hope forecasters have got all this wrong. Beth/Carol your decisions to go SW appears to be a good one as that is the only part of country with warm forecast.
Worked Sunday afternoon on one of my antique mall booths. Two malls with 2 booths each where I'm still trying to get ready for Christmas Open Houses next month. There are times when I wonder if worth all the effort.
Need to get moving around here soon.
Have a great day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Oma » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 am

Good Morning,

I'm going to try to sneak in before the clock turns to noon.

Grammynmaggie - I know you are over in Melbourne at Wickham Park. Are there spots that would hold a 34 ft. 5th wheel? I checked out their page on the internet but didn't really see anything that big. Are there any with wiggle room? It would be great to camp with you sometime.

Avalen - while camping with Liz this past weekend I found out you're really Alice :D I told her I was amazed with everything you do including climbing on the roof. Next time I have something to do to the camper I'm going to look to you for inspiration.

Dave and I had a great time visiting with Liz and Sue this weekend. Looking forward to meeting more ladies from this group as they head to Florida for the winter. My heart goes out to those who are winterizing their campers. Camping season is just beginning here.

Take care. I see that it's noon so I guess I missed the cut off. I'm on Facebook - Vicki Dave Colman if you post there.

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Vicki, there is no cutoff on this thread (other than maybe midnight). I don't usually get on here until late afternoon or evening. :roll:

Took my dad to the doctor this morning already and then we stopped for breakfast. Was supposed to go to work at 1 but they aren't busy so I don't have to go in until 3. Yay!

My ferret, Moose, got a time-out in his cage earlier for riding on Lola Kitty. He wants to play with her and will jump on her back and ride her around the room while poor Lola is hissing and screaming trying to shake him off! :shock: Had to give them both a break. Naughty Moose! (Too bad I didn't have my camera handy. It was actually pretty funny to watch! :lol: ).

Last nice day here. Mid 60's and sunny but will drop down by tomorrow with highs only in the mid 40's for the rest of the week. We have had a really nice fall this year, tho.

Have a good day :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Oma » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks for letting me know any time is fine Barbie.

I bet it was a hoot to see those babies of yours carrying on. Probably more fun for us watching than for them :lol:

I was reading about the problems you are having with dad and his care. I often worry about my sister who lives close to my dad. Right now he's doing fine but when the time comes I've promised to give her breaks from time to time. We've talked about Dave and I staying with dad 2 months at a time twice a year just to give her some down time. We also have brothers but when it comes to taking care of dad we'd be surprised if they stepped up. Time will tell. Just continue to be the best you can and perhaps one of your brothers will see the light. Maybe if you got to take a long vacation and they had to care for him they would understand better. Guys just don't get it.

Have a great day!
Oma
Oma

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Vicki there is more than enough room in most sites for your
5th wheel...lots of wiggle room on most sites except for a few in loop A on the inside...in fact you can angle your rig most any way you want this is a very forgiving park.. right now there are bigger rigs than yours here...you cant always go by a web site...anytime you want to come and camp let me know I am pretty flexible...I just cant go a long way right now ...6 new tires ate up my gas money!! and I still have to keep an I on my dad...
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Afternoon here, but it's been awhile since I've been on. Barbie, wanted to tell you, hang in there, I've been there, done that, so hard at the time, but knowing you've done what you can, gives you peace one day.

Have a hard time reading this print, but tomorrow is next surgery. I should get on my laptop, but wifi is in and out here lately. No real news to mention. Have enjoyed reading of others doings. To read I can enlarge print to write haven't figured that out yet on IPad. Trying to read instructions forget it :D

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm hanging around, trying to keep up with all you're all getting into :D So much going on hard to keep up MC is what I read.

I'll be back :lol:

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Oma » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm

CArol glad to hear from you. Hope you get through your surgery and back to your home on wheels soon. We drove past your park yesterday on the way home. Looks like the state will be doing some road work right in front of the park. Good thing you're in the back :lol:

Take care and see you soon.
Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Oma wrote:... perhaps one of your brothers will see the light. Maybe if you got to take a long vacation and they had to care for him they would understand better. Guys just don't get it.

Unfortunately, when I was living in California a few years ago, I found out that my brothers were not doing a very good job of looking after my dad at all (and not telling me anything about what was going on with him). After several bad situations that were mishandled (I found out from dad's neighbors, after the fact), I decided to move back and take matters into my own hands. Had to move back from Colorado many years ago too, when they were neglecting my mom when her health got worse.

It just gets frustrating at times and I get overwhelmed and stressed out. I don't ask them to help out very often, but when I do, it would be nice if they actually followed thru. :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 am

Kathy, as recommended by my BFF long ago ( she was a recovery room nurse and her hubby has had several shoulder surgeries) a thing called a polar cub ice unit. Ours has gotten Mel through 3 shoulder surgeries, a knee surgery, and our son with wisdom teeth extraction. They usually recommend ice packs but they are a big pain. This requires a supply of ice cubes and a small amount of water and an electrical connection. My Mel says it was the most amount of comfort in the days after surgery, except for the pain buster i describe below. It has a pad you wrap around the shoulder and a small ice chest and pump. Put ice and water in chest, plug in and it keeps thermostatically controlled cold circulating around the shoulder.

I looked them up on Amazon. They are durable and huge help after joint surgery. Most stupid surgeons say just use an ice pack because they have not had surgery and have no idea what a challenge that is and an ice pack can damage skin from being too cold. This works and is easy to use.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... b+ice+unit

He will find the day of surgery a blur. Have some pain, but good meds and the ice is key, that night and the next day or two but can keep up icing for comfort. Should settle down after that. I really think he would benefit if either the doctor can order it or just order on Amazon and have at least 20 lbs of ice on hand as it will require replenishing every 4 to 6 hours. tell him rehab is key, do everything the doctor says. Another key, which Mel just mentioned was, our more recent ortho doc used a thing called a PAIN BUSTER on him which he says is wonderful it is a tiny catheter installed during surgery and tubing goes to a pressurized device which feeds pain medicine right into the shoulder for the first day or so after surgery. He said between that and the ice machine, the 3rd surgery (we had fired the doc who did the others, which was why repeat surgery to fix) was by far the easiest of all.
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee