Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday

Postby carolb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 am

G'morning all :)

LOL Liz, maybe I shouldn't wait for that last leaf to fall! Yep, I'm going nuts, soooooo frustrated. Spent yesterday repacking HarBor between raindrops--realized we haven't had but maybe 3-5 hrs of sun in over a week. "SAD" setting in :( Need to find sun!

Carol (happy bday Bill) & Anita (beep beep ;) ), have you found each other?? Kathy, yes, I'd be getting a partial just for "cosmetic" purposes, so maybe I don't need it? Dentist said I shouldn't worry about my teeth shifting--which was my concern.

Sarah, nice to see you check-in :) Liz, nice pics of Silver Springs. Did any of you go to the MacIntosh Fall Fest (or whatever it was)? Such a cute little town--will you stay there this winter? Donna, glad you're enjoying your first NewEngland fall--beautiful, eh? Ava, nothing more heart-warming than a couple of poopers rough-housing :D The rest of you, always good to hear what's going on in your little corner of the world :D

Yep, more rain here today, but just maybe I'll climb my tree & pull all the leaves off!

Y'all have a great day & be safe always.
carolb

Re: Thursday

Postby Irmi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:14 am

Good morning Carolb & everyone!

Carol, before Steve & I were married, my parents had Steve climb a tree in their yard to shake the leaves out of the tree because they were tired of waiting for them to fall naturally!

So glad to see so many of you on the road heading to your winter destinations. CArol, I hope the vision in your eye continues to improve and before long you'll have the other one done and you'll be surprised how well you'll be seeing. Linan, congrats to the new addition to the family! Donna, I hope your health issues continue to improve.

We spent the last eight days at a campground about an hour from the house and it was so relaxing. We got home yesterday and the first order of business was to go see the attorney regarding my parents estates. What a long, ongoing process. If everything goes as planned, we plan on being on the road Monday to head south for the winter. There's still lots to do before we can leave, but it'll get done, somehow, someway.

Safe travels to everyone on the road and hopefully for those of you, us included, that have been having rain, the sun will shine again.
Irmi

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 am

Good morning everyone.. too funny tree shaking... Carolb... maybe you could do that
can you get a picture of that in your mind Liz...lol ... yesterday was a pretty nice day
not quite as hot but still warm... took dad to the doctors in the morning... then went over to the church to make things for the Christmas Bazaar... today Walmart run for some groceries
since my check came yesterday.. so far this morning I scrubbed the front porch and all the lawn chairs I have to use Clorox cleaner because the mold and mildew the collected over the summer when I wasn't here.... I shipped off the baby burp pads I made up yesterday my daughter needed some at her house she babysit for mom and dad while they work...I'm not going to make it to Silver Springs those tires just about killed my budget... about as far as I can get right now is to Wickham Park campground
I still need to find the money to get my awning bracket replaced.. well I better get busy was a fun filled day and stay safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

Good Morning ladies! The sun is shining but by this afternoon we will be getting some rain... I ordered a cover for the MH do not want it to get wet over the winter... the tarp that my son in law put on will not protect if against snow and I think rain would come in on the back side... my mind is settling down now...

Wow Kelsie came and we got a lot of things sorted in the small bedroom... hopefully it will be all done by 11-4 when truck comes to pick up items for families that have lost everything... I just wish they would take the large computer desk with hutch but they do not want it... but there are many items they can use...

I have had two calls on the MH but neither want it... Most likely I will need the help that has been offered on here but that will be spring... as Beth said do not give it away it is too nice and worse problems have been fixed!! That gives me hope.

Carolb time to pack up and head south!! Irmi so glad you will be on the road in your beautiful rolling home! Donna sorry you will not be at the Silver Springs gtg.. Hope everyone is having a great day...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby ryegal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:52 am

Hi all, sorry for so mistakes on yesterdays post I was doing it from my phone,and it is hard to see it. Thank you all foe your well wishes,when I get home I will try to post more often. Carol B It was very nice to talk to you yesterday the thing is if you go to Feista Island park the sign will say it is open from 4am-10pm. at 10 pm is when they close but if there is nothing wrong you can stay I stayed 2 wks without moving. I felt very safe there.Irma sorry about your loss. We are taking a day of rest as it is raining and windy. Have a good day and stay warm
ryegal

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 am

Good Morning All, It is good to be home. The pool feels great and the Aqua Jogging does help my back. Bright blue sunny skies and warm days. I do wish we could have some of that rain some of you are getting. We are dry and shriveling here. Lots of news on MC. I will never catch up?!?!?! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby sharon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Still having a great time visiting with my family here in Arkansas. Son started his days off today, so I'll get to see some more of him before I head out on Sunday. On a sad note tho, they found their little doxie had passed away this morning. Both of them have been sick, mostly age related heart problems, but Rosie was really bad the last few days. Son is really broken up. She was a sweetie pie.

On a different subject...Just a little warning. If you're out driving country roads and the mailboxes are on the highway and the house sits way back off the highway and someone has piled a bunch of cute little pumpkins around their mailbox....it doesn't mean that they are giving away pumpkins, they're decorations for the mailbox. :oops: :oops:

Hope everyone is having a better day than we are here....drive safe.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 pm

You have to marry someone who wll climb a tree for your parents!!!!

On my way east again this morning. Got stitches out and hand is still sore but managing to drive. Grand-daughter was very sad when I left last night so wl try to y back in the spring or June. Going to spend next summer and fall in michigan, Ohio, and New England. Typing on phone so enough for today.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby chalet05 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Morning just left.....

Sharon, I am so sorry for the sad time at your son's. Doxies have a special place in my heart. I do thank you for the pumpkin laugh tho!

Carolb, I liked the picture Liz painted of you waiting, but I was thinking more along the line Irmi is - go shake the tree!!

In this huge park, I walked my section (C) this morning - no sign of an Alfa. Still plenty of time to find Carol and Bill.

Donna, your message yesterday was a fun challenge at times, but I was sure you were phone typing! No worries - just so glad you are sharing and having such a wonderful time! Peggy is really showing you a great sights!

I think this is good news - I can wash my rig here in my site or, better yet, take it up to the dumpstation which is paved! Woohoo. I actually like doing it myself tho I know it is a job.

Sorry about the wet weather some are getting.
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 pm

sharon wrote:
On a different subject...Just a little warning. If you're out driving country roads and the mailboxes are on the highway and the house sits way back off the highway and someone has piled a bunch of cute little pumpkins around their mailbox....it doesn't mean that they are giving away pumpkins, they're decorations for the mailbox. :oops: :oops:

Oh Sharon, you didn't!!? :o :lol: Did you get caught or is there a warrant out for your arrest? :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby ryegal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks all. So sorry Sharon for your familys loss they are just like our kids too. Heading out sunday ? Going home or on another adventure??? Thanks Anita I thought when I got this phone it was bigger ( lol) Lyn glad you are home safe. Peggy is a great host but then I have never visited anyone who hasn't been a great host. thats the beauty of this forum. I hope some day it will be my turn in wa. :)
ryegal

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Sharon - only you - well, only most of the women on this forum - but today you - can make me chuckle, then make me want to cry. I'm still chuckling about the pumpkin(s) but so said for the doxie. It's so hard to lose our furbabies. Give your son a big hug from me.

Dang that Anita, Carol and Bill haven't found each other yet, but I'm confident they'll make it happen!

Nothing much to say - tomorrow will mark 7 work days in a row - then finally off on Saturday. I need it! I'm ready for my job to be over and to head south for the warmth. Actually, the weather here has been exceptionally nice ... but I'm looking at the 10 day forecast, and I see with the end of the month, so goes the good weather. Winter will hit, probably with a vengeance!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee