Happy Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Day

Postby linann » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:29 am

Welcomed a new baby in our family yesterday morning at 7:00 am. I got a text message from DS late Mon while still at work that her son's baby was on the way. I went to the hospital and got to help "coach" the mom who did a fabulous job. DS is working out of state for a month, so I texted her all the details throughout the night. Baby Austin will be in NICU for a while because he is 6 weeks early, but he is doing extremely well -- breathing and heart rate are now all good. The parents are thrilled and the baby looks exactly like my nephew. Poor DS is getting a stream of photos, texts and phone calls to keep her in the loop!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Wet Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 am

G'morning all :)

Looks like a lot of "wet" all over the weather map, so I'm not complaining. But I do envy those of you already at winter destinations, enjoying the sunshine :mrgreen:

I read with interest the "second opinion" comments--never had any reason to do so for myself, but did do so with one of my poopers once. Ha! now I need a "second opinion" for getting a one-tooth-partial--at dentist the other day, he quoted $1200! Will see about having it made in MX when I'm in the southwest...Now, editing: got sidetracked over my dang tooth! What I wanted to say is that I agree that second opinions are an important step! (G'grief, my mind has been so muddled lately--think that means it's time for me to get on the road!) And then I see that Linann started a post--congrats on the new baby!!!

Sooo, hope those of you with health issues continue to see improvement, & those with barking dogs are recovered from lack of sleep ;) Donna, liked your comment on your rig being your real home now--congrats on fulltiming! Today, I'll inventory HarBor, & begin repacking. Just may wake up some morning & say "outta here" 8-) For now, waiting for those dang leaves to finish falling--don't like leaving that job for bro.

Y'all have a great day, good health, & safe travels always 8-)
carolb

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby Othersharon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:02 am

Good morning all. As Carolb said, another wet day here too. My backyard and driveway is full of leaves. I can't keep up with them! This week end is supposed to be drier so maybe I can get ahead of them! Nah, probably not!

Hair appointment this morning and then maybe a trip down to visit family near Pittsburgh. Haven't been down for quite awhile so need to do it. Still have the bedroom torn apart and waiting for whatever I decide to do with it! Got another "bright" idea for it yesterday so now have to decide which way to go with it. I'd better decide since I have a friend coming to stay for a couple of weeks soon. No pressure!

Hope everyone has a good day and travel safe if you are on the road.
Othersharon

Re: Happy Day

Postby ryegal » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:30 am

Hi all from a dry hartford ct.the weatherman said it is rai nnd I g here must be related to the ones in seattle. No rain yet. We had a wonderful day at plymouth ma. Yesterday again the weatherman said rain and we only had a sprinkle or two.but we has a marvelous day. We went to Plymouth plantation it was fun and interesting. Then. We went to lunch I had my first whole l obester and it was delicious! !!! And a work out. If you are ever in that area the place right out on the pier called woods excellent food and reasonable price then we went aboard the m ayflower. This was a. Great day.as they have all been here. To me this is what rv nice is meet I g nice people see I g new places and enjoying life. I also get a thrill out of seeing new places and meeting new friends.as I said before I don't have photobuckit so if really want to see my pics.of this trip I am on facebook and always meeting new friends Donna Hyatt hope to post often enjoy life
ryegal

Postby asirimarco » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 am

Good Morning to All - from warm Cottonwood, AZ. It felt so good yesterday when we got here to put on shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. Beautiful deep blue sky, puffy white clouds, very slight breeze. Lots of green grass because of all the rain the area has had the past few months. We are at the 1000 Trails campground between Campe Verde and Cottonwood. Going to stay at least a week - maybe two. Love the area. Lots of trees changing color here too.
And best of all Bill's allergies have been better since about the middle of Kansas. He is still sneezing and wiping his eyes a little but not ALL day like he was at home. Says he can breath a whole lot better too. Today's his birthday - 78. Probably just going out to breakfast at Georgie's then come home to watch a soccer game. Maybe take a ride to Sedona to see the pretty red rocks.
My laptop is acting up - sure hope I can keep it running for the winter. Hate to have to get a new one and have Windows 7 put in it. That's an extra expense, buying W7 and having it installed. Oh well.
Not much to munch on around here - need to get to the store today.
Travel safe and stay warm and dry.
asirimarco

Postby gingerK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:23 am

Morning gals!

Well, pup only barked twice last night and settled in for the rest of it so I got to sleep. Yay!

No rain here today, blue sunny skies at the moment, but if you wait long enough that will change I'm sure.

Linann congrats on the new baby! How exciting for all!

Carolb, my DH had to have a partial made a few years ago. After he had already gotten his teeth pulled in preparation, he said that if he'd known how well he could eat without the teeth he'd never have bothered with false ones. I think he only has 2 on his and they were pretty expensive maybe $2K?

O'Sharon, what are you doing to your bedroom? Total redo, new furniture or ? Let's have some pics!

Donna, so happy you are enjoying yourself! Sounds like so much fun!

Carol how wonderful the driver's allergies are so much better! Hope he enjoys his birthday.

Better get going, today I promised myself I would start an exercise regimen. I've let myself go, weight-wise and it's getting harder to work around her without getting out of breath. So new resolution-I will try to eat better and exercise more. Let's just see how long this lasts.....lol

Great day,everyone!
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:41 am

Just a quick good morning
Big congrats to Linda and new grandma, Sandy.
Nothing new/exciting going on here so nothing to report. We are having some wonderful fall weather after a very wet start to the month.
Have a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:44 am

Congrats...to Linda and Sandy...Sandy new first time Grandmother..and New Great
Aunt Linda!!!!!
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 am

Afternoon, But had to Congratulate ALL of the family of the new life !!!! Babies are such a Blessing and ALL of your lives are changed forever, Happier, busier lives. We expect pictures . Congratulions !!!!

No real news here either,,eye drops the excitement of the day . Those that are ill praying youre better soon. Traveling, stay safe, and enjoy the ride.

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 am

Good morning ladies
congrats on the new baby
and Asirimarco...I do believe Anita posted yesterday she is in the same place as you for the next 3 weeks.
I seem to be extra tired today and definitely want a nap before I go back to work, and I have early release
for elementary today so I have to be back by 12:30.
I do believe Maggie has decided she really enjoys having a playmate as lately they have been nonstop tumbling around
and chasing each other. :lol: funny to watch.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Good Morning,

And yes, I am at Thousand Trails as well. Would post my site number, but don't know it and still in jamas. May move to a different after I go into town sometime if my new neighbors are staying long. :( I think I'll go set the truck so it beeps every time I lock and unlock it so I can echo theirs! :twisted: It's a price to pay for full-hookups I guess.

Linann, congrats on the new baby. Feel sorry for the new grandmother not being there.

Carolb, certainly a lot of people can give you recommendations for Mexico dentist. I can no longer recommend mine after leaking crown.

Donna (ryegal), I'm enjoying your trip!!

Sorry for all of you getting rain.

I did next to nothing yesterday so must get busy today. Kathy, I am in a great place to walk, but just haven't gotten out to do it.

Have a great day everyone.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Liz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 pm

So now I am picturing Carolb sitting on her front porch, tapping her foot impatiently...waiting for the last leaf to fall. :D

Done with the dentist appointment. Now doing a load of laundry. Our informal gtg here at Silver Springs State Park is shrinking daily. That's too bad, because it is the most beautiful time of year to be here weather wise. I'm still looking forward to meeting Oma and hubby this weekend, and Soos coming on Sunday. Please let me know if anyone else is still coming for a day trip so we will be sure to be here.

Congratulations to Sandy and Linda on the birth of the new baby. I know Sandy was glad you could be in attendance at the main event, Linda.

Safe travels to all. Off to check the laundry.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 pm

G Afternoon... beautiful day here in Normal... sun is so pretty shining on the leaves...
Congrats on the new addition, Happy bd Bill, so much is happening on the forum today... I could not send a message earlier but this time it went right to the area to write!
Small glitch I guess...
The meals that are delivered have something I can eat every day but some days just a little... yesterday was taco salad... today some kind of pressed rib... not good... not sure I want to pay anymore for them to be delivered...
Oh Liz I would be there in a heart beat if I could! I don't do much but enjoy the chats and meals and riding my trike around looking at the trees...
Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 pm

I wish I was in Arizona for the winter! Maybe I will get down there in January.

Fairly decent day today, about 62 degrees, cloudy and breezy. Most of the leaves have been blown off the trees in the past few days. Got some rain coming in over night tonight, but warming back up towards 70 and sunny for the next 4 or 5 days.

Had today off. Took my dad out to run errands. Had a chat with him about all the checks he has been writing to tons of charities. I don't think he realized how much they were all adding up. Hope that stops now. :roll: With the way he has been spending money and maxing out his credit cards and lines of credit at the bank, he will be running out of money by spring and will most likely be forced to sell the house next year. I keep trying to remind him of that, so that he is more careful about his spending habits. His memory isn't very good anymore so even if he understands what I am telling him, he forgets what I told him, later on.

Am working on a new craft project with some of the fall leaves I collected last week. Will take pics when I am done. I need to get different picture frames tho. Don't like the ones I bought today.

Hope you all had a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee