cloudy Tues.....

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

cloudy Tues.....

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 am

Good morning all...cloudy warm morning here in Melbourne Fl...well went to the
new cardio doc yesterday... I found out for sure sometimes it pays to get second
opinion...the numbers on the ultra sound were not as bad as I was led to believe...long story
short...I do not have to have any surgery on veins...after I googled the first doc..found out he likes to do procedures and prescribe things that really are necessary ..just to bring in the $$$..he got very bad patient reviews...all saying the same thing...I really did not feel comfortable with this first doc right from the get go...I feel so much better knowing things
are not that bad...I guess we keep things like that in the back of our mind...cause undue stress..cause now I feel ten times better that I did yesterday...
also finally got my hair cut yesterday ...today will do some chores and then late this afternoon go over to the church and meet with the crafty ladies...have a fun filled day and stay safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Re: cloudy Tues.....

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 am

Good Morning Donna and everyone else to come... cool this morning but will warm up a bit later... it was so pretty yesterday...
Not much happening here today... glad you got the second opinion Donna... most likely the truth lies somewhere in-between... not sure why some take the extreme side and other the conservative side... I hope he gave you a plan on what to do... a hair cut makes you feel so good... got mine cut last week...
Take care everyone and ladies enjoy Silver Springs...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby gingerK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 am

Morning gals!

Sun's up and so am I! Hershey (Daun's dog) and I had a pretty rough night. Seems he felt the need to be up barking about every half hour all night long, so I am very tired today. Decided that if he was going to do this again tonight he'll jolly well sleep in a different part of the house!

Called the company I order my dogs' hw meds from to make sure I have a script on file for them for reordering and found that my Jessa has a current script for hw meds. Now, this is amazing to me as Jessa has been gone for over 3 yrs. Somebody dropped the ball on this one! Makes me wonder if I shouldn't question everything they do from now on (even more than I already do). I know that if I had not insisted the new vet aspirate Buddy's lump he would have passed it off as scar tissue. I even got an eye roll and a sigh when I asked him to do it. As he is new there and does not yet know my dogs' history of mast cell tumors, I let that reaction go. The technician who does know my pets put him in the know and he took more time scanning the slide and found the cancer cells, but if I hadn't insisted....

Donna, so very glad you switched Drs. Just gotta listen to that little voice inside. Every single time I've gone against it, I've had trouble.

Kathleen, did you get to go look at fall colors? I know there's not too much around me yet and it seems like the leaves are just falling straight off the trees without changing much.

Well, need to check in with my FB friends then get going on something to do around her before going to work. Maybe I'll make another trip to Menard's--I went yesterday for electric cords and forgot all about getting new tarps for TC.

Take care,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 am

Good Morning, another sunny day here but since Kathleen has rain it will probably be here soon. Kathy, I know your frustration. I was dealing with my regular vet when it took 3 calls to get pain meds for Mitzi and was so frustrated. Odd about the HW meds, you just never know, it seems like we have to really be vigilant about medical treatment for us and our pets! There must have been something in the air last night, about two AM mine thought there were 'buggers' trying to get us. I got up and turned on the outside lights and finally got everyone back to bed. I think Mitzi remembers that Cheryl let her sleep with her and last night was one of those nights she tried to tell me I should be so kind :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 am

Good Morning,

Donna, so glad you got a 2nd opinion and better news!

Kathy, these record keepers that can't do it right drive me a little mad. Latest was company we are doing the polar bear tour with telling us they needed information that we sent months ago!! Hope the tour is run better than that!

I did accomplish a few things yesterday and deciding what to tackle today. Spent a lot of time e-mailing back and forth with Winegard tech - finally have satellite working tho!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and safe travels to those on the road.
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 am

just wanted to say Good Morning :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:53 am

Forgot to mention LeRoy's experience with an Asian tour bus crowd. He was parked in a Walmart and they came right up to the door and took photos of the inside of his camper through the screen! I thought he should have just invited them in! :)
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:13 pm

It's at least a partly sunny morning here! We had a short rain shower and a most beautiful full rainbow yesterday as I came out of Urgent Care with son. Hope it was a good omen. Son's knee from Saturdays fall has so fractures but possible cartilage and or ligament damage and will be fitted today with a hinged brace to support until ortho doc can see him.
Donna glad you got second opinion. I really believe in listening to our gut feelings for many things in life, because most of the time they are closer to the truth than what seems to be happening. Kathy sorry were kept up by pups. Boy that was weird people would come up and take pictures but perhaps tourists in their country have been intrusive so they think it's ok.
Lots to do today with trip to medical supply and a handyman coming for estimate and bills online to do.
Have a sunny day all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Liz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Good afternoon, ladies. I spent my morning paddling the river….beautiful fall day and lots of birdlife along the river. Posted some pics in General Talk.

I'm camping for 2 weeks at Silver Springs State Park in Ocala, FL. Have/had doctor appts. in Ocala scheduled during that time. Almost all of them had to be rescheduled! Figures. Found out my opthamologist (That appt. was supposed to be today) died last spring! No one called her patients I guess. She was going to do my cataract surgery. So now I have found a new opthamologist, but couldn't get in until mid-November. So the only appt. I still have this week is the dentist tomorrow.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby gingerK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Liz, guess your Drs. staff and my vet's staff must be working on the same wavelength lol!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Redetotry wrote:...There must have been something in the air last night, about two AM mine thought there were 'buggers' trying to get us. I got up and turned on the outside lights and finally got everyone back to bed. I think Mitzi remembers that Cheryl let her sleep with her and last night was one of those nights she tried to tell me I should be so kind :)

Sorry BJ ;) Maybe this will help - especially the first one :lol:
https://screen.yahoo.com/awesome-animals/dogs-could-apologize-221704972.html
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 pm

The last one is pretty funny too! :oops: :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee