Early up Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Early up Saturday

Postby gingerK » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 am

Good morning!

Wakey wakey sleepy heads! Where is everyone? I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to drive some hunters to their spot-it's opening day of duck season here and they have no other way to get there unless I drop them off/pick them up. So it was an early rising for me!

Not much else new on the agenda today; want to get the truck washed so the hunters can help me put the cap back on her for the winter; need to get the battery back in TC in order to winterize her (oops! pulled it too soon, not thinking about the water pump) and go buy her some new tarps to cover her up. Still need to clean the KS/MO bugs off her front end LOL!

Thinking about a second breakfast-first one's not making much dent in my hunger this a.m.

Good day everyone and if you're traveling be safe,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Early up Saturday

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:13 am

I am missing the beautiful dry fall weather we got yesterday. Stuart even made sure I took him for a walk. I was looking forward to either getting another walk in or a kayak float down the river that is so beautiful with all the fall trees along the bank..but, but..today is a slightly cooler, wet, gray fall day, so might have to make other plan. Need to get a replacement for my water proof camera that still has not surfaced since the Kansas gtg. I don't mind replacing it nearly as much as I miss that pictures from the last two days of the gtg. There was a neat picture of Meatball being pulled past out sites that really lets you know how big she is. And there was a picture of Dorothy (Claudia) and her little dog too, sitting in the front basket......peddling past on her bicycle....sigh.

Oh, well. I think that camera had outlived it nine lives.

So, probably no nature walks around here today. Hope everyone else has a wonderful day. May all the health issues keep improving and each of us can find or make enough magic suitable for the day. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:44 am

Good morning ladies
Lyn just pulled out heading for home. She was a delight to have visiting. Sorry, no pictures, we were just too busy gabbin
and eatin, gabbin some more and then of course there was the wine. She'll be back some day.
I honestly had a hard time keeping track of what day it was this last half of the week, so today is Saturday and I have alot
of laundry to do. Its also time to get the underside of the deck enclosed since the little goofball Scout discovered he could
squeeze through there to get to Lyns camper. :lol: Such the little dickens he is. He just loves having visitors. He's a good boy.
Did get one of the fence sections stabilized yesterday and its ready to paint but I'll work on the next section and maybe
have that done by tomorrow evening. Then I can plan on next weekend to do some painting.
Ok, time to get busy, ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:46 am

Good Morning Kathy and Tina... my eyes are not open yet but wanted to get up and dressed so I will be awake when the once Bright Hope (that is now called Dark Skies) is backed in the drive way... my son in law and one of my grandsons went to get it... Beth gave some ideas in Facebook and others have also... First thing I need to get some pictures of the damage... and drain the water heater... will see if the park manager here Mark will winterize her again this winter...

A very cool cloudy day here after a very pleasant day yesterday... Poor Shadow finally after several years of playing with his green squeaky ball killed it! There are two others around someplace need to find one so he can have his noise maker... just like a little kid!

My coffee water is boiling now so need to make a cup of java to keep me going...
Have a great day everyone
Ava you popped in while I was posting... isn't it great to have visitors... I love company especially one of the sistas! :D
Last edited by dayspring39 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby carolb » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 am

G'morning all:)

Kathy, I love it--y'all are my forum FAMILY, not just friends :D Ava, I forgot that you had spent part of your wedding weekend with Lyn. Where did time (& my mind!) go!?

Very rainy here today too. Got some of my annuals pulled up yesterday :( Frost expected this weekend, so their season is done. Will be a good day to cook up some of my pumpkins, to freeze or turn into muffins...

Kathleen,so sad about "Dark Skies"..Tina, I didn't realize your camera went MIA at the KS GTG--the pic of Meatball & Sauce would have been a real keeper!

I discovered the GTG thread for Q just yesterday. A bit behind, am I :oops: I'm not a BIG crowd person--any of you who've been there during their big season, fill me in? I've only been there afterwards, when I (& Anita & others) have Dome Rock to my/ourselves :P

Wishing y'all a good day, good health & good travels always 8-)
carolb

Postby chalet05 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:59 am

Good Morning,

Kathy, I'd have dropped off hunters and gone back to bed!!

Tina, buy a new camera and the other one will show up! :) Sorry about the lost photos.

I'd say Lyn has had a good trip! Glad she could visit you, Ava.

Carolb, you don't have to do the crowd thing in Quartzsite. We park in the desert near Sheila and Kerry (I think we pay $40 for 7 days) or there are still the other free places which will be more crowded than when you and I have been there.

Discovered there is a Walmart in Page, Arizona and we are about 2 hours from there. If I can use McDonald's WiFi, I may sit in the parking lot and catch up on TV shows I've been missing! Otherwise, I think I'll move on to BLM land by Cottonwood. I won't check into Thousand Trails there until next Saturday (3 weeks of solo time!)

Hoping you all find joy in your day no matter what is going on in your life. Safe travels.
Anita
chalet05

Postby sharon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:27 am

Big baby shower today for DIL's niece, sure glad I have my own house to escape to! Peggys book hasn't shown up either, guess her book and Tinas camera ran away together.

Carol, it's really quiet where we camp...well, except for the wild womenrv group...it's 40 dollars for 2 weeks, not one. Sorry, Anita. The reason I remember that is I usually only stay 1 week so it costs me 40. If you like to walk you can walk to the shopping and rv show or wait for one of us with transportation to drop you off.

Not much else going on here, pretty quiet in the middle of the Arkansas forest.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:02 am

Good morning all... just under the wire for morning... it is yet another beautiful breezy sunny wonderful day here along the coast in Central Florida... after all the illness and doctors.. getting behind in everything including clean out the rig so its livable again... I decided today would be a great day for a day trip... came over to Wickham Park day use area.... bunch of stuff going on tons of people... they put up the Christmas lights and the ground is wet and soggy so I had a very hard time finding a place to park... found one not the best but it sure feels good to get out in the rig it feels like home again.... well this is what I'm going to do all day ..... get in my chair elevate my legs... read a little and enjoy.... have a fun filled day and be safe
grammynmaggie

Postby PeggyinCT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:35 am

A little late but good morning everybody.... Donna is resting after several days of being a tourist. We've done everything from hearing a lecture on vampires in CT, she can tell you all about, to seeing old whaling ships at Mystic. Halloween is a big event here. I know she would like to go to Salem for the witches, but our trip to Boston took all day and Salem is too far north when we go to Cape Cod next week. She will get to visit Plimoth Plantation and see the Mayflower. Plus we've been invited to spent an overnight on Martha's Vineyard. She wants to come back next year.
My book is still missing and I think it must be having an adventure with Tina's camera.....who knows have far they may have traveled....
Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Have you called the campground to see if anyone has turned in either item? They must have a "lost and found" area there.

Am sitting here watching the police pulling people over left and right, in front of my apartment. They are certainly on a mission today! Also some police activity at the flower shop across the street. Won't miss all that excitement when I move down the hall!

Beautiful, sunny day today, altho a bit cool. I should go for a short walk. Am feeling better now and just had pizza I ordered from Dominoes, along with their chocolate molton cake! Yum! Finally, some real food! :D

Got a few other things on my list for today, but mostly a relaxing day, after the past several days of misery. :roll:

Hope you all have a good day! The GTG in Florida begins soon! Has anyone started any plans for the big GTG in FL in January yet? Haven't seen anything posted yet...

Oh, there is another car just pulled over by the cops...they are out for blood today! :shock: I don't think I will be going anywhere in my car today.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Sharon, I knew there was something about 1 week and 2 weeks - thanks for the correct info!

Peggy, you and Donna are really doing it up right!

We arrived in Page, and I did most of my grocery shopping. Kick back time!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Went for a long walk and collected a lot of pretty leaves. Will seal them with wax paper and then make something with them later.

The police are still at it. Saw several officers down the street clocking cars and then several police cars further up pulling people over. Our town is only about 3 blocks long, so not sure why they are targeting this little area. They have probably pulled over at least a couple dozen cars so far. With two stop lights here, not sure how they can get anyone for speeding. I sure wouldn't want to be drinking tonight and drive on this road! There are bars on either end of town so I will probably have lights flashing in my windows all night tonight. :roll:

Have a happy day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee