Sunday Surprise?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday Surprise?

Postby carolb » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:36 am

Gmorning all!:)

WOW, for all of you holding your breath, the garage did NOT come yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: G'grief, what will I have to post when it finally gets here? TODAY for sure :? I say that only because I had a visit from my local rep & one of the crewmen, & all looks like a go, but.... :lol: ...

Kathy & Kathleen, have a great gtg! Kathleen knows how to post pix, so we'll all expect some. Anita, you (& Liz) always find the neatest places to explore. When is the polar bear trip? O'Sharon, Anita will go nuts when she's reads that you've heard an elk! Vickie/Oma, Publix closed?--all of them or just your local store? Seems like there's been a shake-up in FL's grocery stores..

Sad/glad about the hoarder, Ava. Heavens, though, who's seen those ASPCA ads & not wanted to help another stray/abused pet :( Crikey, seems like they're on a big campaign--the past 2 nights, heartbreaking ads, so yes, I called & upped my donation, & then had thoughts of getting a bigger rig to collect more "Pipers"...& yes, I could be an animal hoarder :oops: :roll:

Other good news--no snow here yet :lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Sunday Surprise?

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:29 am

Good morning Carolb... and everyone else.. waiting for the Sun to come up
4 little cool here in southern Georgia... feels like what I left in Pennsylvania
should be at dads today sometime it will be nice to be back in Florida.. have had
a wonderful trip back so far( except for the tire debacle)... got to see my new great grand baby.. travel and have some fun with friends.. and 'went to some new places and seen some new sites.. looking forward to the winter GTG's in Florida... made a few blog post on both my blogs if you want to take a look
have a fun filled day and be safe donna
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:21 am

good morning ladies :D
workin on my laundry already, as I didn't do any of it yesterday. Cleaned out one of the closets in my bedroom, it was
still packed from when I put into storage, and the side of the bed where my suitcases were, got those all vacuumed off
and put in the shed as well. Will open the understorage on the bed and sort through that when I strip out the bed sheets.
Although I'm still kicking on the ac when I get overheated, its soon going to have that chill in here early in the mornings,
so its time to get the blankets out and have those handy.
Time for another cup of coffee and a cereal bar. Will be up on the roof mid morning to lay the strip of eternabond.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby asirimarco » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:28 am

Good morning to All - COLD here in central Indiana. Surprised not to see frost on the ground. Felt cold enough. Getting close to departure day - so the Alfa is pretty much loaded - enough so that I've had to go out there to bring a few things back in as I wanted to use them. Today I'll just do a quick dust, vacuum, mop here in the house preparing it for our house sitter. And cook Bill some cupcakes so he can have them to munch on while we're traveling.
He is fixing breakfast - croissant with egg, bacon and cheese. Smells good - He has plenty of fixings if anyone is interested.
Safe travels to everyone on the road.
asirimarco

Postby Irmi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:21 am

Good morning Carolb, Donna, Ava, Carol & everyone that follows!

Carolb, I can't wait to hear that your garage has finally arrived!

Donna, you'll be in FL later today and visiting with your Dad. So glad the rest of your trip went as well as it did.

Ava, your roof is going to be good as new soon. Please be careful up there.

Carol, it's getting chilly here in MD, too. Hopefully we'll be heading to warmer climates soon, too, but you'll probably get on the road sooner than we will.

It's been awhile since I've been here, but I've been reading what all of you have been doing and enjoying your travels and GTG's. Things here are going about the same as I'm still in the process of closing my parents estates. It's been a long, ongoing process but things are slowly coming to a close. Other than their house selling, the majority of things should be done by the end of this month. Then we'll be heading south! I can't wait. We've been going away to campgrounds for a week every month and so far, the motorhome is running great since the breakdown over Labor Day weekend. I'm wishing all of you a good day and sending good thoughts to those of you with health and family issues.
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:30 am

Good Morning, It is fall! Wow I wanted cooler weather but yesterday the high was only in the fifties but the coming week promises to be perfect.

Carol is that garage really coming this year :lol: I don't watch those ASPCA commercials too upsetting and I also don't trust big organizations where the CEO receives a massive salary. If the article I read by Nathan Winogard is true, the former President of ASPCA Ed Sayers is now a spokesman for Puppy Mills and his record while at ASPCA was shocking.

Not sure what I will do today, those apples my friend gave me are still waiting for me to do something with them. I know I would love to have applesauce in my freezer for winter but can't seem to get motivated to transform them. :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Oma » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:02 am

Good morning ladies,

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was high 80's and muggy. Today it's 59*, dry and definitely feels cooler.

Carolb, just our local Publix closed. They moved to the next town about 10 miles down the road. Just not as convenient any more. As soon as that garage gets put up give a loud shout. You'll be so excited I'm sure we'll hear you down here. :lol:

Grammymaggie, whew do you go in Florida? Perhaps we can gtg with CArol! Hope your trip continues to be a good one.

Avalon, I am amazed at all you accomplish on your 5th wheel. I must admit I'd be frightened to climb on the roof of ours and the great things you've built outside. Way to go!

Refectory, have you ever tried making applesauce in a crockpot? I have a recipe but haven't tried it yet.

Must get busy. Hope everyone has an awesome week. Take care.
Oma/Vicki
Just tried to submit and got "too many connections". Will try again. Haven't gotten that before.
Oma

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:18 am

Good mornin' ladies & all that follow

Carolb I think we should have started pool and bet when your garage would arrive

Ava I second what Irmi said - be careful up on the roof.

I also do not watch those ASPCA commercials too heartbreaking for me. And now yesterday there was a new one for the Illinois Horse Rescue of Will County. Took me by surprise - it was sickening, especially having horses for 15 years. Don't people realize all critters need our protection. I went to go volunteer a few years ago at the Hooved Animal Humane Society - they basically just only wanted free help to paint the barn, plant flowers, & be janitors in general. I understand the need for those things, but geesh, if people want to help, let them help the animals. At that point, I looked into getting licensed by the agriculture department for horse rescue, but knew my heart couldn't bear to see them in such bad conditions.

Our Dominick's store (division of Safeway)closed last November. Now there are 2 high-end grocery stores within 2 minutes of each other. Not please with either of them. I'm a block away from Walmart, but the store always looks dirty, so I travel to a Meijer instead. Considering I'm not a big cook, grocery shopping is sure a pain in the patootie.

Anita - thanks for the update on Bishops Castle. Sounds like he's done a lot since I was there. Didn't have any spiral stair cases or restaurant, etc. I'll have to get back there someday (might have to wait until I get a rolling home tho).

Have a good day everyone and if you're on the road stay safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby chalet05 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:53 am

Good Morning!

Nice to see so many posts first thing!

Carolb, I think you made this garage thing up! :lol: LeRoy gets the kudos for finding Bishop's Castle.

Irmi, glad to hear things are winding down and you'll be on the way soon.

Donna, glad you have had, for the most part, a good trip to the Sunshnine State.

O'Sharon, I heard my first Elk bugle in Yellowstone two years ago - amazing. We drove through Elk country yesterday so was hoping.

We are in Montrose, Colorado. We have been traveling Hwy 50 and I can't begin to tell you how beautiful the fall colors are! We are sitting today - unfortunately we had to get into town so LeRoy could go to Mass because there were some great government campsites along the way. Tomorrow we will travel to Durango for a Tuesday ride on the Durango-Silverton Railroad.

When we headed out the other day, LeRoy was leading. He uses his computer and a DeLorme mapping system while I use a GPS. We had compared and knew we were on the same page. As we approached the freeway on ramp we were to take, L says 'wait, the map says this road will take us to HWY 50.' We were in a traffic jam and as he passed the on ramp, I told him he was either getting us on a toll road or a military base. Cars around me had drivers in uniform! So we had to go through the gate and a soldier stopped one lane of traffic so we could take their exit! I said I wasn't letting him lead again!

Everyone have a great day, safe travels and we are all waiting to hear Carolb's shout of joy!
Anita
chalet05

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Good Afternoon everyone! I have missed posting for a few days... Kathy gingerK came yesterday and left today for home... I so enjoyed her company... I have been so blessed that several of the forum ladies have taken the time to stop by and visit this year!!
No news on the insurance so I will e-mail the owner of the agency that has my insurance tomorrow...
CarolB I sure hope you post pictures of your garage when it comes and is set up! I do agree that Liz (Anita) find interesting places to visit where ever they are! Ava when you are done come over and help me fix the motorhome roof!! Irmi what a long process this has been... but I also know it is a time for healing... Cheryl you can come back with anyone you pick up along the way and visit...
Everyone on the road or getting ready to be drive careful and enjoy the sites...
Time for Laundry here...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:06 pm

I can't watch the sad ads for the ASPCA. They would have to prove to me that they spend more money on animals than they do on advertising before I would give them a penny. I support the local animal rescues and our own cat herd. All of our cats have been spayed or neutered except one wild male. When things settle down around here and I have time to catch him he will go to the clinic. Yesterday I saw a cat down the road from here. Chances are it will end up here sooner or later.

Anita, I think I would have to tell LeRoy I would meet him at the destination and not follow him. I don't like to have to worry about how fast I'm going or try to keep up with someone. My DH is resigned to the fact that I am not getting on the interstate to go 2 miles even though I would miss 3 stop lights.

The weather has really been nice the last couple of days. It got a little cool in the house last night but it felt good. I would like to go to Lafayette but too lazy. I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday so will try to work in my errands then.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby cnq50b » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi everyone,
No longer morning here, but wanted to say Hi.

I agree we should have had a pool going on when Carolb would get her garage. Hope its not much longer. And yes, Ava, be careful! Kathleen, I hope they have good news for you.

I enjoyed having Lyn visit this week. Hated to see her & Casey go this morning, but I guess that's what we do - we stop for a bit & then travel on. Amazed at how much of my own city I got to see - including discovering a great gelato shop! :D Thanks for coming, Lyn.... Safe travels...

Well, the grass is still growing & needs to be cut so I'd better get moving.

Take care everyone & enjoy the day!
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby chalet05 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Acadianmom wrote:Anita, I think I would have to tell LeRoy I would meet him at the destination and not follow him. I don't like to have to worry about how fast I'm going or try to keep up with someone. My DH is resigned to the fact that I am not getting on the interstate to go 2 miles even though I would miss 3 stop lights. Martha

Martha, if those campsites had been on the water, that is exactly what would have happened! It may still happen along the way. However, I made a demand to be able to see the football game tomorrow night.

Kathleen, I like the new photo!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:13 pm

chalet05 wrote: I told him he was either getting us on a toll road or a military base. Cars around me had drivers in uniform! So we had to go through the gate and a soldier stopped one lane of traffic so we could take their exit!

I did that once. I was in Oceanside by the harbor and took a wrong turn and ended up at the gate for Camp Pendleton! :o An armed guard got me turned around and out the exit. :oops:

Still cold and windy around here. Worked all day, so nothing much new. Hope you all had a nice weekend and travel safely this week!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby gingerK » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Not morning here but I just had to post:

I'll bet I've got you all beat when it comes to army bases. Years back when I was in Kentucky, being the dumb blond I am we tried to go take a "tour" of Fort Knox!!! :? The army soldiers were much surprised by our request for a tour and graciously allowed us to turn around and leave!!!! ;)
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Next

Return to Morning Coffee