Wakey wakey Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wakey wakey Tuesday

Postby gingerK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:19 am

Good morning ladies,

Where is everyone? It's already after 8 here and no one's started the coffee?

Got my morning chores done and am in the process of checking out campgrounds for a future gtg here in IL. Now that I've seen KS, I think the bar's set pretty high!

Not much on my agenda today, dogwalks and possibly giving my friend a ride to do errands as her car's in the shop.

My visit to Kathleen will probably be my last get out this year, DH asked this morning when I want to take TC off my truck for the winter. I'm thinking it'll be next week because another friend is having hip replacement surgery and I'll be staying with her to help her and take care of her dog for a while. Luckily, she only lives a block away so I can stay there nights and get home in the mornings to do chores.

Take care and drive safely,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Wakey wakey Tuesday

Postby sharon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 am

Here's your song for the day, woke up with it running thru my head....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m47EQtAMzI

Taking the Fayetteville grand to Russleville today, need to get dog food and have to go 40 miles either east or west to find a Petsmart or Petco. Figured we would do some shopping while there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and that CArol gets her rv running!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:26 am

Good Morning Everyone !!

I'm out of Fl but had a delay leaving. The delay was the emergency brake would not release. Had a good drive up, but was Sunday afternoon getting to my home place. Place is a mess inside and out. Monday morning we were ready to go do my errands and Denise turned the key and nothing. We were both puzzled and in a short time I decided To call my road service and they sent a guy out for a jump, didn't like that idea much, but he checked battery and reading was high and not the battery. So called road service again and explained again my problem. On hold for ages, but he found a Freightliner place 100 plus miles from my home and we were towed up here. One closer in Chattanooga but smaller then this place. So I'm praying can be fixed soon as I have a dr appointment on the 8 th I must keep to have eye surgery on the 14 th. Shingles did some scarring on eye and need this further test to check measurements for lens. Anyway I seem to still be traveling in the fun times we all have occasionally !!

Do not have tag or other errands done , reason for trip in the first place. They have a problem here with the rig not running they somehow have to get it towed in and out of bays to find problem then to work on it, which means I think we will be here for awhile SOOOOOO

You know gals, one day I will write my good morning and it will be totally fabulous news :lol: Please note though that I am not down with this had so much practice this year keeping the spirits up and things eventually work out somehow and think its sunk in my thick skull that it will work out one way or other so whatever frenzy I get in doesn't fix anything :D

Wishing you all a great day, stay healthy and those traveling stay safe,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am

CArol, with what's happening with you, I'm NOT going to complain (much) about the wind. And how did you get the emergency brake released? Need to call roadside assistance for that, also?

I think I'll make some potato soup today - if I get over my laziness. Or maybe some of those 4 ingredient healthy oatmeal/chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies that I like. Healthy in that they have no sugar - but that doesn't mean they aren't fattening lol. They would be much better for me than the heavenly Pumpkin/Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles they made in the lodge. OMG - I don't care for pumpkin much - not a fan of pumpkin pies, bread, etc - but these are to die for. They gave me the recipe and I searched last night till I found the exact same one online - will go to the recipe room and put the link. Doubt I'll ever make them - but if any of you do - I'd love to have one! Have been good here - only have had 2 out of who knows how many batches they've made - one the day they first made a batch and one yesterday for dessert. I do cheat on my no sugar rule occasionally.

OK - wind or not, going to try to get a load of laundry in ... maybe lol Yes, I AM lazy today - it's simply that kind of day. Cuddling up and reading a book or two - that might be it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:51 am

Good Morning All, today Catherine and I are going out to lunch at one of her favorite places. Isn't it fun finding all this fabulous food in places we would have never found on our own!
Tina, loved the picture of the dog and handler...now, with Audry, who is such a happy, vibrations pup....how will the handler keep her tail and tail end from wiggling?
Sharon, when are you starting for home? I'm heading down to OK soon.
Carol, hope things get better for you and the RV soon!
Martha, that's good news on DH! Yes, no rest in a hospital! Nurses got to wake you up to see if you are asleep!
Good day for all. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:18 pm

good morning, its gettin close to noon here but I still wanted to say good morning :D First cool morning we've had and I
actually wore long pants this morning instead of my shorts. Fall is most definitely in the air. Sure hope Carol gets things
workin right on the rv.
Nothing else to say :D but have a good day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:43 pm

A bit late posting, as usual. I have been sleeping a bit better, but still slept in this morning. Why is it we end up waking up in the middle of the night in our later years?? I get up a couple of times every night for at least half an hour or even an hour or more.

I had not heard from my brother for a while and was unsure if he was still in the nursing home or on the streets or a shelter. I was really worried about him being homeless, although I had blown up at him a couple of weeks ago after finding out he was doing more lying to me, doctors, and social workers. I told him no more money because of lies. (Long story, as some of you know, but he had no money, been evicted, and was telling social workers at nursing home he did not need to find a place to stay because his sister had money and would pay for weekly hotel for him!!!) Anyway, stress was causing me to not sleep and grind my teeth, etc. Heard from nurse and then him Sunday that he was in psychiatric hospital facility and could not use cell phone, but was OK.

I keep thinking how upset my parents would be if they were alive at all his problems. I would like to just wipe him out of my memory, but it is really hard to do that with your only sibling. Hope he gets his act together.

Today is defrost refrigerator and freezer, do laundry, change bedding, count out pills, and catch up on work day since I am in commercial RV park with free WiFi. Might go to nearby Denny's for dinner tonight. Am getting REALLY tired of my own cooking!! Would love some good middle-Eastern or Thai food, but Denny's will do because it is close. (Detroit has fantastic middle-eastern food, which I really miss.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Judy, sounds like your brother is where he needs to be for now, and hopefully getting good care.

Just a reminder...don't forget to say "RABBITS!" after midnight tonight/tomorrow morning first thing!
I better go make a note for myself too!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee