Super Saturday !!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Super Saturday !!

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Super day as I will be on the road shortly !! Heading to NC to get my rig tagged. New friend here in CG is so excited to be going up, she's never been. Drove school bus in Tx so she's qualified and a really nice person. To be imposing on someone and them be so excited to do a favor is Super !!!

I am so excited to be on the road again, wish I could drive but it will happen in time !! That's my news, hoping the rest of you have a Super Saturday too !!!

Time to get things ready to roll, hope I remember everything :D Wishing you all a Super Saturday !!!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Re: Super Saturday !!

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 am

Good morning ladies
I'm excited for you too CArol, glad you found a qualified driver. I'm up early this
morning, its raining, thunder, lighting and Maggie trying hard to be glued to
me. Have the washer going already and suppose to go get my hair cut this morning,
but if the storm is too much I'll put that off.
Not much else going on today, typical Saturday with routine chores. Ya'll enjoy
your day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 am

CArol, that's great news that you can finally go see about you license. Having to depend on others is not how we like to live. Have a safe trip.

We were up at 5:00 but the nurse didn't show up until 6:00. I went to sleep before mid-night so that was early for me. They are suppose to take out Harold's drain this morning. Wish they would surprise us and let us go home. I want to go home but it's 60 miles to the hospital so don't want to go home too early.

Time to hit the coffee machine. Not the best coffee but the machine is better than the restaurant. Breakfast doesn't show up until about 8:00. Like being on a cruise when the meals are the high point of the day. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby asirimarco » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:59 am

Good Morning to All - long time since I've been here. I try to read everyday but not been posting - nothing exciting going on. We are trying to get on the road for the winter but there seems to be one thing after another. My new glasses had to go back - they measured my eyes wrong and they're still not ready. We are trying to get enough meds for the entire winter and a new rule says we can't get them before Oct 15th - or maybe the 6th - or maybe we can pick some of them up Monday and the rest after the 6th......everyone we talk to says somethingf different.
Not sure where we're going to end up for the winter - just in the southwest or in Mexico again. We'll know when we get there I guess.
Today will be a busy day - have to go to town to get a few things cause we're having company for dinner tonight - Bill is cooking! And there are three soccer games today and two NASCAR races. So we need to get moving soon.
As many of you suggested we finally wrote our book about our trip to Argentina and it is available in print and as an ebook. Have had good reviews about it. It's called ALL THE WAY TO ARGENTINA. There's more info about it on the blog.
asirimarco

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:21 am

Good morning
CArol - so excited for you. Do check in when you can.
I was up before daylight again. Fitbit says I got 4.5 hours of restless sleep. I had a wonderful, long shower late yesterday - felt so good, thought for sure I'd sleep better.
Dawned on me late yesterday that I had not checked water level in house batteries on this trip. When I opened the compartment, discovered the batteries had slipped way out of place and straps loose. When I tried to tighten the straps, noticed that the plastic buckles were broken. Got one of the workers here to kinda tie the straps. Hope that holds.
There was a spectacular sun rise this morning but I couldn't get a good photo of it due to all the trees. You will have to settle for looking at last nights TN sun set
Last leg of my trip today. Will be home tonight. Sorry to see it end but I do have a few things I need to take care of there and Nicky needs a good run in his fenced yard.
Have a great day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby cnq50b » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 am

Good morning everyone!

CArol, so glad you have a driver. Love seeing the excitement in your post. Things do have a way of working out for the best. (Kathleen, hold onto that thought).
Martha, Hope Harold continues to improve so he can go home. Continued prayers for both of you.
Ava, you are up early!!!!
Ann, Congrats on your book!!! This way you get to have 2 great adventures - the original one & now sharing it with everyone.
Sarah, sorry to hear about the batteries...glad someone was able to help. Thanks for that beautiful sunset - you really have an eye for photography!

I'm still catching up after the GTG. Had a blast - just slightly jealous of the rest of the gang moving on. I'm grateful to have the work I have, but you gals definitely did a number on me. I'm making my plans... Still a bit away, but I know where I'm headed now. ;) And will definitely will get to some other GTGs in the meantime.
Glad to see everyone getting to their next stopping point. Really makes life an adventure, doesn't it..
Sarah, you did an absolutely fantastic job of documenting the GTG with pics. Thank you so much!!!

Ok, need to get in gear & get moving...
Hope everyone stays safe, well & happy!
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Oh CArol glad you got driver to help.
Catherine I will hold that thought... I have not yet heard from the insurance agency owner.
another warm almost hot day here.
We will have to remember when we are knee deep in snow!
Shadow and I had a lovely drive to the vet... I have the med for a year... it controls fleas also and all kinds of worms... best of all he will be controlled for heart worm... the other is a bonus... good now until spring when I have to get updated to get a license...
Take care on this beautiful Sat...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Just taking a quick break from house cleaning...I posted on Friday's MC about my move next month! So excited! Hopefully, that will be the last move now for at least a few years! :roll:

Beautiful day here again! Over two weeks of gorgeous fall weather (almost summer-like actually) with more next week! After a horrible winter, extremely wet spring and summer, we deserve a nice fall!

Gotta get back to cleaning...have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Still morning here on Oregon coast. Like Harris Beach SP better than Bullard Beach SP because it is closer to the ocean and more open. It is on a bluff but can walk down to beach. Very pretty.

One thing I have learned about myself is that I really like more open campsites, especially with a view. Being in a dense woods gives me a closed-in feeling and depresses me. (Besides making it hard to get Satellite.). More than TV, however. Just feel better with some sunlight and far vistas. Like deserts and mountains. Almost left Bullard Beach early because rain made being closed in worse. Reviewed reservations for Florida and all open or almost open so good there. Really looking forward to Florida birds and animals. Got two weeks at two different Oceanside state parks and quite a few days at prime/cheap COE sites in Florida also. Spent many very early mornings with fingers ready to click buttons three seconds before sites became available!! (Tip: If you wait until they open, someone else will have taken them.)

So going to head out down the bluff to the ocean today. Got my two classes ready and open so nothing to do for a few days until students start turning things in. I will enjoy the break. Sunny and supposed to be 68 today!!! Perfect.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Redetotry » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 pm

I've been on the go so much when I finally got home from breakfast this morning at eleven :shock:, I took a long nap. Good think I did look at my email first though as DH's return flight has been changed and instead of Chicago he's returning through Newark to STL at a different time due to the event in Chicago. I don't think the dogs have picked up that he is coming thank goodness or they would be at the door driving me crazy. My Charley dog always knew when I was returning from vacation. DH said he would go to the door early in the morning the day I was coming to wait.

I'm off to do a Reiki/Hypnosis session for a woman who is leaving on an international flight tomorrow. Have a good rest of the day!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:26 pm

CArol, I am so glad you found such a willing and capable person to get you to N.C.!! Things are beginning to go your way!

Martha, hope you and Harold got to go home.

Sarah, hope your day has gone well as you traveled home. Beautful sunset!

The day is pretty much over at 5 p.m. because I am tired! Parked at Walmart in Salina, Kansas.

Yesterday I went to the Historical Museum and read the 1947 edition of the little paper from the town I lived closest to back here. Went to church and school there moving away when I was 10. Love all the little social snippets! Learned some things about the first 7 months of my life!

I have now said all my goodbyes in eastern Kansas. :( Sure enjoyed being around for the grands' busy schedule of activities. Went to a parade today and, as I was sure I would, ran into a childhood friend - we keep in touch at Christmas. She 'reintroduced' me to a couple other 'kids' I knew back then.

Time to sit back and relax - tomorrow starts another round of visiting in western Kansas.

Safe travels everyone.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:03 pm

CArol, I'm so excited that you found someone willing and able to drive for you ... such wonderful last minute news.

Carol, as you know, I downloaded your book, but have so many others to read ... I'll get to it, really I will.

Barbie, I remember you saying from the start you hoped to get a studio there - wonderful that it's happening and yep, hope you'll be able to stay put for a bit!

Windy, very windy here. Seems to be so about 2 out of 3 days. I'm hoping that won't be the case when the temps drop too much. Brrrrr. Took a drive on the back roads today (more gravel roads, in other words). I was checking out a different route from the farm to the main road, but saw a lake and detoured, and then went the wrong direction to the road I originally intended to take (I had gone past the turnoff to it going around the lake) but no biggie - just even more time on the gravel roads. Left to a bunch of pheasant hanging out behind my rig and some were there when I returned. Safe place for them, if they stay there. They are really so beautiful.

Tomorrow starts a new week here - and I'm working 6 out of the 7 days. As of this moment, the following week I only have 3 days - then 6 each the next two again (and with the way my days off are worked, at one point I know I'll be 7 days in a row :o ). I'm glad this is only for a couple months. I really am ready for a break. I like it better when I have a couple weeks or more between jobs - time to rejuvenate, etc. But money talks - or I guess I should say, is needed! I do think this week I'll be smarter and use the knee pads - although I've said that before. Said it at Amazon and hated them, so who knows if I'll really use them here. Should, though. My knees aren't getting any younger!

Anita, so glad you get to spend time with all the family - and breaking it up with a fun gtg - you've got it made!

Judy, I like both. Loved my wooded site at Lake in Woods - one of my favorite sites. But I also love open sites - and I do love sunshine - so whichever type of site I have, I need to get my share of the sun. I'm somewhat worried about when I move my rig inside the geothermal building here - it's going to really be dark! I don't think I'd like that for too long - not sure I'll like it for short term! But better than being out here dealing with the temps and snow that'll be coming. I think lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:49 pm

My great KS adventure is over. :( Got Magic back to her campground around 4:00 and a ride home about an hour later. Packed up just what I needed for the next 48 hours; will go back on Monday or Tuesday to get other stuff and do some cleaning.

Nicky has already been enjoying running around leash free and making the fenced back yard safe from all the little chipmunks that moved in while he was gone. My back looking forward to not having to drive again tomorrow. If I'm up before dawn again I can roll over and go back to sleep without worrying about getting somewhere before dark.

I love fall but not the speed at which the daylight hours grow shorter. Barely 7:00 and it is dark already. It was a bit cooler today and pleasant driving considering it was Interstate almost all the way. Nice outside tonight as well.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Got a lot done today! Got my whole apartment cleaned up, except for the dishes (I hate washing dishes! :twisted: ). I will do those tomorrow. I even took time to go sit out by the lake and chat with some neighbors, and also made a pretty fall wreath to hang on my door. So, a little fun in between the work.
It was such a beautiful day today. Light breeze, sunny and 80 degrees! Love it! I have Monday off, and after I take my dad to the doctor, I think I will go for a bike ride. Haven't done much of that lately.

I have been reconnecting with a gal I used to work for, who lives in my building. She is really nice and we have a lot to talk about whenever we run into each other here. Her "significant other" passed away a couple years ago from misdiagnosed lyme disease. So I think she is kind of lonely now. She works from home so doesn't get out much. I am cat sitting for her next month and we plan to start getting together more.
One of my close friends at work had her last day at the shop on Wednesday. We went out for a drink afterward. She got married this summer and moved about 2 hours north of here, but has been working one day a month down here for her clients. She decided it was too far to drive during the winter, so she gave her notice. I will really miss spending time with her. We had a lot of fun together and could talk about anything. So, I am looking forward to now spending time with my neighbor and restarting our friendship from before. I have a hard time, sometimes, connecting with other women, so when I do, I want to pursue it.

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee