BOONDOCK SUNDAY....

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

BOONDOCK SUNDAY....

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:53 am

Good morning everyone...it is finally a good morning...finally found out what the problem
was with the shimmy and shaking...not out of line...front end is in great shape...it was the
tires...they were cheap and not the right kind for a motor home...should I say... RIP OFF..
they were new tires the DOT dates say they were that...I did know enough to check that
when I bought it...anyway I found a man I feel I can trust ...he has a big operation...so now
I am waiting at Camp WalMart..until Monday morning...I am to call him at 11 to make sure he
can get the tires...if not it will be Tues...there are not other stores here ..so if I did not know
the shelves of WM before I surely will now!! Maybe I can get caught up on my blog...anyway
have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
PS..i still have to get the awning bracket replace...Camping World??
Last edited by grammynmaggie on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grammynmaggie

Re: BOODDOCK SUNDAY....

Postby chalet05 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 am

Good Morning from the KS GTG!

Another beautiful sunrise over the lake! Guess that beautiful day didn't last yesterday!

I went to Brewfest at my daughter's yesterday and had a wonderful time. Most everyone there was part of my son-in-law's family and they are a great bunch. At one point my daughter said there were 40 people but others arrived after that - age range was 3 months to 80+ years. I did opt to come back here last night. Of the 7 home brews judged, my daughter won 1st and 2nd place! The children all look forward to coming so they can visit the goats, newly hatched chicks, video games - a 7 year old told me Brewfest is the best time ever.

Donna, hope you have found the problem with you rig - if you have posted, I missed it. Ah, you beat me to the first post so now I know!! Sorry about the 'bum deal'.

Looking forward to another fun day with this great bunch!!

Enjoy your day and safe travels to all on the road!
Anita
chalet05

Postby linann » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 am

grammynmaggie wrote:PS..i still have to get the awning bracket replace...Camping World??

Donna, Thanks for letting us know where you are and what is happening. We were worried. New tires will make your rig much safer!

If you can make it down with the bracket as it is, you can come over to our place and check with the repair place we use. I am sure he can order the part and replace it cheaper than CW. We have found his prices very reasonable and much cheaper than CW. He even replaced the awning for 1/3 the price CW quoted, and included one of those awning caps. Anyway, you can always get a quote from CW and his place and compare.
Last edited by linann on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby carolb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 am

G'morning Donna, Anita & all to follow:)

AWOL from posting for a while, but Peggy was keeping me up to date--while I drove to KS, she read posts to me :lol: Sooooo good to be here to see "old" friends & meet new ones. Lyn, all the way from San Diego! And she & I have bdays to celebrate while we're here--should I mention she's 20 years older than me??? Still out there hitting the road!! A role model for all of us :P

Barbie, so sorry about the "witch" hair-do, but glad the lady liked her cut. Yahoo Donna, on the road, but sorry about tire problems. Anita (parked next to me :) ) got some good "brew" genes in your family?? Did you bring some samples back for us?

Nursing a little cold that came on yesterday, but otherwise, having an experience of a lifetime!!

Y'all have a great day & safe travels always! 8-) (Linann sneaking in there before me--so good to see you!)
carolb

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 am

Linda... Thanks for that info I will take you up on it... I posted Camping World
Because I didn't know what else to do... I'm going to reinforce it when I get to my daughters and I'm sure I can make it back down to Florida... With it like this thanks again for info
And all you ladies out there in KS... Have a great time and thanks for keeping us posted
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:02 am

good morning ladies
ya'll are having such fun at the gtg, wish I could be there too but its not my time yet for road travels.
I did get some work done on the fence yesterday, and was able to bring my expen over to the front side
and stretch it across, now when I open the door they can just go out without being tethered. Makes life
so much easier.
Plans for today include a trip to the grocery store for my weekly groceries and if its not too hot I'll do some
painting on the deck rail that I put up. It actually looks more like a short little fence.
Thats all I got, have a great day and be safe, have fun at the gtg.
Last edited by avalen on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:10 am

Carolb, sounds like you are enjoying your passenger. Dogs are good companions but they just won't navigate and read to you. :lol: My son is a good navigator but I just don't like his driving.

I went off to Lafayette yesterday with the intentions of giving A T & T a piece of my mind. I probably don't have any to spare. I met up with my friend and we got involved with the sales at the mall and I didn't make it to A T & T. I am tired of their shenanigans. I was in there a couple of weeks ago with my son. The screen was freezing up on his phone and it was less than a year old. The kid that waited on us couldn't find where we had bought the phone but said he would give us a phone for $50. I got my bill Friday and they charged us for the phone. We finally found the receipt for the phone. They are open this afternoon so since I will be busy all week I think I will go see what they tell me.

Dillard's and Macy's were having a 40% off sale on their already marked down items. I couldn't find anything but got my son a shirt for $6 and pants for $12. By the time it gets to the big sales things are so picked over it's hard to find anything. Anything that I would like is either too small or too big.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 am

Just a quick good morning to let you know I got Fridays adventures ( Day #5) in KS posted late last night.
Have a great one.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: BOONDOCK SUNDAY....

Postby MandysMom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Our big news in Roseville, near Sacramento, is--We had RAIN overnight!!! Many of you might call it not much more than a juicy sneeze, but for us it is a blessing . Not sure how much they got up the hill but any is better than none. When we drifted off to sleep there was pitter pat on the roof and distant rumble with occasional flashes. Now they predict more rain later in the coming week. I sure hope so. That's pretty much our news for the day. Have a good Sunday all.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee