Thursday getting on the road to KS

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday getting on the road to KS

Postby gingerK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:10 am

Good morning all!

Finishing up all the little details and doing my last two walks before pulling out this afternoon. Will overnight at my friend Carrie's house to load up her stuff and then we'll be on our way to KS!

I'm really excited; after all the troubles I've had getting everything in place I'm really ready to get going. Wish us luck that nothing else occurs!

Weather here is with us, sunny and 60's. Skimpy breakfast as my stomach is in knots with nerves.

Have a great day, everyone,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Re: Thursday getting on the road to KS

Postby chalet05 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:34 am

Good Morning!

My day to arrive at the GTG! I have 9 a.m. doctor appointment plus a couple of stops and I'll be on my way!

Dentist yesterday - 2 crowns scheduled for next June when I come here. After previous problems, I won't do Mexico to save money.

Quick visit with a very strange cousin and then another quick visit with her dad before dentist yesterday. A 2nd cousin in Western Kansas and I made plans for when I leave here and she is already telling me how I should change my schedule to come earlier! I know she is pushy, but I thought it wouldn't happen until I got there. Thank goodness for the fun, easy going relatives (and friends) that I spend most of my time with!

As always, have a wonderful day and safe travels to all on the road!
Anita
chalet05

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 am

Good soggy morning from KS. Over night thunderstorms and the thunder and lightening kept waking me up - there may have to be a nap in my afternoon.
I have lost my flashlight. Last time I remember having it, had to put it down on ground to try to get a dead bird away from Nicky on late night walk Monday. Cannot imagine that I walked back without picking it up but it was no where to be found last night. He didn't get a walk Tues. night because the coyotes were too close so I didn't miss it until last night.
Rain has stopped at least for now but it might be a good morning to straighten up in the rig while things hopefully start drying up outside.
I did add a post about Days 2 & 3 under the gtg section.
Looking forward to more arrivals today.
FYI: The walk in site 41A is empty now and 41 will be available around noon on Friday.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Good morning ladies :D
its been one crazy week here, in particular...monday and tuesday. My bus broke down monday morning and by the
time the morning was over with I had been in the 4th spare bus, then Tuesday I was in two different spare buses. Now
the spare is all fixed and I'll be in it for awhile waiting for my own to get fixed. The air bags are not holding air, so the
bus looks like its squatting on its rear duals. Then of course we're expecting this big storm Odile to hit like the last big
storm and lots of prep for that. Got the tarp to cover my car cause the windows won't shut and of course the cord and
hook ups to keep it on, got little rain yesterday and the storm is suppose to hit today but it sure is bright and sunny out
and not a cloud in the sky. Don't think the storm is going to make it. Lots of other stuff going on but none of it is of any
importance to share.
Maggie and Scout are doing fine. Scout trying to play with Maggies empty dish and she doesn't like that so there were
a few words there and she pinned him on the floor with his feet sticking up :lol: quite a comical site but guess that
was the end of it cause he doesn't play with it anymore. Scout is even learning not to bark at every little noise outside.
He has really gotten into the routine every morning and evening of going outside although one morning got cut short
cause the mosquitos were eating us alive. Something were not used to here but that last storm has created quite the
breeding grounds for the little bastards. Stocked up on cutters and backyard fogger now.
@Judy, if your brother reaches a point where a Scout visit would be appropriate, just let me know, I could make it happen.
Off to get my nap, ya'll have a great day, be safe on the road and for the gtg bunch, ENJOY, and lots of pictures :D please'
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Sounds like everyone is off to a busy day. I'm going out to lunch with a friend. Clouds in sky but rain not likely. Sure could use some of that rain headed through AZ. Fire news much worse overnight but thankfully no injuries reported and so far no homes burned 50 miles from us in the ever growing King fire. Mel spent time in his workshop yesterday for the first time in over a year. He made a platform for the new induction burner so it can sit flat on top of the kitchen stove with its feet holding it up for the required clearance. It's good to see him doing stuff like that.
Those in path of the big rain, do be careful. And all enjoy your day.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Ava, glad to hear Scout is doing well. Sounds like you may have him for awhile. Hope you don't get too much flooding from the rain. Sure is strange having so many hurricanes in the Pacific lately. Too bad they can't bring more rain up into California where they really need it.

Off to work here shortly. I think I am in the "after vacation" doldrums now. Just no energy or enthusiasm for anything right now. Just want to sleep. Maybe I am going into hibernation early! :shock:

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Barbie, I was looking forward to leaving my last job - but in some sort of doldrums because I would have liked more time between jobs. Oh well. Got here today - and was taken around and introduced to so many people, I don't remember any names! Lost an hour coming east and have to get up and work earlier than I'm used to - going to be very interesting in the morning. Peaches may not get much of a walk. And the people I work with might think somethings wrong with me - they'll quickly learn all the talking I don't do in the morning I'll more than make up for in the afternoon, I'm sure. Weird schedule. We start working at 8:30. Take a breakfast break (which they provide) at 10. Next break is a lunch break (also provided) at 2. Finished, I believe, at 4. Very structured but seems they want to keep us fed. That said, I may skip their breakfast to come home and have my smoothie and walk Peaches. I guess both their meals will pretty much depend on what is served. I don't want to screw up the good things I've got going by eating healthy. Nor do I want to gain lots of weight. On the other hand, sure do want to take advantage of the cost savings. Time will tell. Might have to decide on a day-to-day basis.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Is there anything interesting to explore in that area?
Is the newer forum gal, Elise, working there?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee