Foggy Tuesday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Foggy Tuesday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:51 am

Morning all,

Since out usual MC host is on the road, guess I will open coffee this morning. Not much in line of breakfast here though. Mostly cereal and strawberries although I do have bread for toast. Have some bacon but no eggs. Not stocking up too much in fridge right now as I am leaving for downstate on Thursday for friends 50th wedding anniversary. They are really going to do it in style. Mass at church with renewal of vows, bagpiper leading us from there to parish hall for goodies, drinks and followed by a buffet dinner. Bagpiper will play for awhie as well. About 77 people coming I guess. Sounds like fun.

Was surprised to read that Carolb and Peggy decided to hit he road to KS GTG. Sounds like it's going to be a fun time. Travel safe gals.

Been keeping busy around here since I sent Sassy to Rainbow Bridge last week, but sure do miss having a furry companion in house here. Am looking for another collie, but will take some time. After having taken care of two older dogs with health issues over the past two years and losing both my "furry crew" in 15 months, I thought perhaps it would be time to take a break from doggies for a bit, but nope, missing them way too much. Hoping that some of the ones from the big seizure in Tomball, TX will be coming to MI via the volunteers who went down there. Have some contacts out, so just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Hair cut and grass cutting on agenda for today. Neighbor lady next door is taking myself and neighbor lady on other side of me out for supper tonight. Going for pizza. So will be busy day.

Guess I had better get it started too. You all have a wonderful day out there and if you are on the road, enjoy your travel and drive safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Foggy Tuesday Morning

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:54 am

Good Morning,

Like yesterday, it is a beautiful morning, but yesterday it didn't last!

GD let me sit in on her private flute lesson last evening and then GS had fencing tho no instructor showed up. That was fun to watch.

I've been having water pump issues so took the strainer off yesterday. Then I couldn't get the pump to stay primed - tried tightening, etc. After filling my grey tank trying to clear air, I finally found one little drop of water and thus a connector I needed to turn just a hair more! I'll be off to the dump station this morning!

About 51 hours until I can leave for the GTG!!

Have a good day everyone and as always, safe travels to all on the road!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:24 am

Good Morning,
It is cloudy and around 60 out this morning it has felt like fall the last few days ;)

Velda was it you who wanted to know how I like the handmade shoes I ordered? I finally received them yesterday, guess the place closed for a week vacation so mine took 4 weeks to arrive instead of three. I really like them and the leather is very soft. The back strap is adjustable so if your heel slips a little you can tighten it a bit. Very nice place to do work with, they answered my questions quickly and the shoes were sent last Friday and I received them on Monday. I think I will order a pair for winter as the fit is perfect.

A friend is stopping by in a bit and bringing me tomatoes from her garden. Think I will freeze them for pasta later in the winter. After that meeting another friend for lunch who also has a September birthday to continue to celebrate. I'm happy for the diversion to keep me from thinking about missing the KS GTG.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 am

I'm being lazy this morning. But need to get moving, literally. My next job could be reached today, but I'm going to savor a day or two on the road and arrive there tomorrow or Thursday. I start work there Friday. There are always places to see. No idea about phone and internet, but most likely will have it at least some.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:57 am

Good morning gals!
Sue, I googled the collie seizure. They rescued 139 dogs! Hope they all get good homes now. Hopefully, you can find a nice young collie to adopt from that group. They so deserve great homes after what they have been thru! Poor things! :cry:

Beth, what will you be doing at the new job? How long will you be there? And then where are you headed for the winter?

Have the day off today. Will try to post some pics of my trip sometime today. Had to go thru them all and delete a lot of them that were duplicated or just not interesting. Still have about 200 tho. Will just post the highlights.

Beautiful day out, sunny and upper 60's today. Should take a walk down to the lake later on. Also need to get my Jeep washed sometime today. May have to run it thru a couple times! Someone suggested I need a fire hose to wash it with! :lol:

Those of you at the KS GTG or on your way, have a great time! The rest of us with be there enjoying it vicariously.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 pm

A much nicer day here in KS - cold wet and windy yesterday.
Posting some photos in gtg section of our day Monday 9/15.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Took a day off from playing today to do some work... Went to town and got the laundry done. Now the bed is made up clean, the floor is vacuumed and mopped. I'm through workin' now.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby MandysMom » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:57 pm

BJ yes it was me who asked about the shoes. Glad to know they are working out. Mel said order some but I am still looking. I want moccasins made in US so am studying several places. Thanks for the report.
It's a nice temperature day but a little dimmed by smoke of the now 11,000 plus acre King fire though I cant smell the smoke I know it's,there,so am staying in much as I can. Temps finally down from triple digits. Maybe even 80's a few days.

We visited ENT Dr today. We should get a call in next hour or two about the final mouth surgery. They looked and said they will try to close the small fistula that did not seal at the back of his graft, attempt to ease the scar tissue as well as trim the graft and move some tissue at the top of the throat where your nose connects to the throat where food tends to go up instead of down for him. Bulking it up they said may help his swallowing and reduce tendency of food backing up as,well as food getting in nose and sinus. If it works it should be an improvement. When healed our dentist may be able to make a partial plate woth the 3 missing teeth which combined,with the eased scar tissue may let him eat solid food again finally, which, as ou can imagine he is anxious to do- he was not much excited about a nice grilled steak last night puréed into soup. They looked with scope for quite a while, going down into throat too and see no sign at all of the tumor removed in June 2013. That was great news. The longer he goes with clean report, the more likely Dr Luu was correct a year ago when said he felt pretty sure his surgery and radiation resulted in that C word they are reluctant to utter: Cure!
Then its time to deal with the prostate cancer.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee