Happy Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Sunday

Postby carolb » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 am

G'morning all :)

Well, if you haven't read the GTG news, Peg & I will be going to KS gtg :P She called me after reading my Fri MC post, & made me an offer I couldn't refuse--she'll join me in HarBor & share costs! That Peg :lol: How could I turn that down ;) She'll be here tomorrow, & we'll start out Tuesday, so we'll be seeing you gtgers on Thursday :D Been communicating with Catherine, & she lined up a reservation for us--THANKS Cath!

Soooo, that gets me busy on re-fitting HarBor a bit. Peg says she won't mind traveling with my poopers--but I'll make a few modifications so she won't have to sit in the back seat. Just hope my dogs are gracious enough to let her have the front seat :roll: :lol: Still haven't cleaned him since getting home Thurs, but that won't take much. Spent yesterday--rainy & cold all day!--making pumpkin muffins (from my homegrown :) :) ) to share with y'all. Needing to contain my excitement, or I'll get nothing done! Guess that's why I avoided the forum yesterday--would have gone nuts reading about all that are on their way!

Barbie, welcome back home. Sue, I feel your emptiness, but I see a new dog or two in your future--rescuing is the best! Pat, how great that you visited Beth!

It's not even 5:30--will my neighbors go nuts if I start cleaning HB? Well, I just may start anyway :lol: Or I could bake another batch of muffins...

Y'all have a great day & safe travels always 8-) (Anita, a 40 mi road trip to the gtg :shock: :lol: )
carolb

Re: Happy Sunday

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 am

Good morning Carolb.... and all... wow you sure are excited about the trip
I would be too.. you and Peg have a great time together traveling... stay safe
yesterday my sister and I messed around in the rain.... being the die hard yardsale'rs we are
went on our last yard sales for this summer..... and found some material for myself and my
quilting... today I have to get busy and get the rest of the stuff out of the house just a bunch of small personal things...... stuff that was under the sink junk like that.... I don't want to start packing the rig until after I take it to get the bushings put on tomorrow morning.... and I made a blog post on both my blogs... my verizon kicked in yesterday.... on my red apple junction blog... there is a link to that on the sidebar of my grammynmaggieI blog i posted a picture of some snowmen Christmas ornaments that I made useing vintage measuring spoons.... if you want to take a look at my blogs... it is a little
chilly here this morning so I'm a little slow moving around.... but I better get busy... so
have a fun filled day and be safe....donna
grammynmaggie

Postby chalet05 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:30 am

Good Morning!

As if the GTG wasn't exciting enough and now Carolb and Peggy are coming! Having so much fun reading about everyone's travels to get here.

Grandson had first cross country meet yesterday - he's a junior and this is his first year. He's currently JV, but there is talk of moving to varsity. Time trials took the first 7 for varsity and Spencer was 8th. Daughter, granddaughters and I had lunch. Younger granddaughter and I went to the Discovery Center in Manhattan. It came highly recommended, but I had no idea what it was about - Tall Grass Prairie!

I visited with Birdie after I got home.

Somehow when I come here, I can run errands every few days! Will do so today and just learned Seahawks game will be on at 3!

Wishing you all a day of smiles and safe travels!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 am

Sunday morning and will move westward into KS today.
Enjoyed not having to drive yesterday. Did a little cleaning to get much of the great outdoors back outside where it belongs. Also took dinette benches apart and put out in the sun to dry.
Tina caught up with me late yesterday. She beat my butt at cards last night but nice to have a friendly face around again.
Should only take about 4 hours to get to Canning Creek so not in big hurry to move this morning. Enjoying my coffee, need to walk Nicky then start packing up.
Donna, love your spoon ornaments.
So excited Peggy & Carol heading to KS also.
Stay safe and have a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 am

Good morning! Sun is out and a beautiful day! Am headed off to work soon.

I posted a new thread about my trip and will add photos later to it. Had a great time and totally worn out but got a long nap in yesterday and a good nights sleep last night.

Have a great day and safe travels to those heading to the KS GTG!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:59 am

Good Morning!
It is chilly here 66 inside the house! Now why don't I just turn the heat on...but I did turn the electric baseboard heaters on here in the family room so kitchen is also warm. DH says I have a 4 degree variance on my comfort range.
Carol so happy for you and Peggy, will be interesting to see how everyone fits and who gets the front seats. :lol: I know you will have a great time, sounds like you are really going to be making a fast trip out!
Time to finish getting ready for church. Everyone enjoy the day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby cnq50b » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 am

Good morning, everyone.

Starting to pack 'stuff' in the van. Hope there's room left for me & Sadie! :lol:
No one can laugh at how much I bring - I am supposed to feed the entire town of Council Grove, aren't I? (JK) I don't do this often enough to know what we need - I'll get better with time. Sadie knows something is up. She's been brushed, nails trimmed & I keep lugging things in & out.. She loves being together 24/7 so I know she'll be happy when we finally head out...

Anita, thanks for mentioning the Discovery Center in Manhattan - maybe some of the GTG folks will want to check it out. Sounds like the family is keeping you busy out there...

Barb, I hope to read your post later today. Glad you're back safe & sound - hope you continue catching up on your sleep.

Sue, I agree with the others - i doubt you'll be lonely long. The rescue org I got Sadie from has a string of foster parent failures as they quickly fall in love with their foster 'baby' & switch from foster to adoptive parent. :lol:

Well, gonna continue adding to my list...
Enjoy this beautiful day!!!
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 am

It's about that inside my rig, BJ. What I didn't expect was how much colder it feels outside this morning (cloudy instead of sunny so far today). Hopefully that'll change by this afternoon.

Pat and Missy were by to say goodbye before continuing to Deadwood today. It was so good to spend time with them. Hopefully we'll have many more visits in our future.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Catherine, I know what it means to pack a Sprinter for a rally when friends are coming in 40 ft bus's and you still want to bring as much food as they do!! We have to climb over stuff until we get there and set up. We usually put a big ice chest in and move it outside when we get set up, but we don't visit bear country so we can. Have a wonderful time all. Wish we could be there.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm

All you guys going to the GTG are killing me! Even if I had signed up I would have had to cancel. At least I have Lori and Ernie to visit with.

I spent most of the day at the cake bingo/fund raiser for the Cattlewomen's club. The turn out wasn't very good so I'm sure we didn't make as much money as the last one. After the bingo I went by the campground and had supper with everyone. Betty doesn't have much of a crowd yet but they will start rolling in before long.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee