sleepy Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

sleepy Saturday

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:02 am

Good morning sleepyheads!
I am exhausted. Am in Duluth. Thanks to my very noisy next door neighbors, I didn't get much sleep. Am probably still going to visit the zoo this morning before heading home. Planning on a long afternoon nap once I get home tho.
i gave a short summary of my trip on the Campfire thread last night. Will provide more details after I get home.
have a gfeat day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: sleepy Saturday

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:20 am

Good Morning
Nippy out - news says broke a 130 year old record low here last night. However, there is a cloudless sky, sunshine, and the biting wind is gone! My little space heater and flannel PJs kept me nice and warm during the night. Only forecast to be in upper 50s this afternoon with a warming trend starting tomorrow. Weather is looking pretty good for the KS gtg next week.
My reservation doesn't start until Sunday and I'm close enough to make it in day. I'm content where I am so this will be a down day from driving. Might get some cleaning done and try to get Nicky a little better walks than he has had lately.
Have a great day everyone.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Colliemom » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 am

Good Morning Barbara Rose, Sarah and all who follow,

Barbie, so nice to see you start coffee this morning. Will have to look at Campfire and read about your adventures. Hope you had a nice time. Guess that will be it for you for this year too as fall and winter aren't far behind us now.

Sarah, although I talked to you last night, glad you are close to the KS GTG and taking a rest day. Hope Nicky's foot can heal up a bit now that you are staying put for day in hopefully better weather.

Bit chilly and damp here this morning but promise of some sun in a little while. Good, as I want to do some outdoor stuff. Neighbor and I were on the prowl yesterday, looking at fall flowers. I have picked up some of my mums and other fall decorations for outside my door, so am hoping to set that out today. Also time to start whacking down some overgrowth out back here. Need to keep up my exercise and also make sure I go for my daily walks now that I don't have a furry companion to make sure I do. I'm washing out the doggie blankets and have kept the cover from one of two beds for a future dog to have as theirs. Will store them away for now.

Okay, time to move along here. Still gloomy outside, but need to get dressed and get a move on. Have a great day everyone. Those on road to KS GTG, have good travels and drive safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby cnq50b » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:48 am

Good morning everyone.

Have I mentioned how much I love this group, this forum???? Well, I do!

The blogs & pics folks are posting are great - new folks joining, new adventures awaiting...

I watched Roam Sweet Home as I was gathering things to take to the GTG & thought about how they did this in the 'good ol days'. We are surely blessed to have technology & this group.

So excited about the folks on their way here. We hit an all time low this morning here too- but it will be warming back up shortly. That's the one thing about the weather here - if you don't like it, wait a day, it'll change. The rest of the week promises to be just about perfect!

I'm continuing to figure out what to take to the GTG - going to pack basics this weekend so all I have to do is load up food & last minute items Thursday morning (unless I'm antsy & drive out after work on Wed). :D
You know it's funny, I follow a minimalism page on FB & really believe in it, but those who come to the GTG will see I'm struggling to live by it. :oops:

Well, better get moving... so much to do, so little time... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay safe, Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby chalet05 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:59 am

Good Morning,

Very foggy here this morning, but the sun is starting to break through. Daughter and granddaughters will be picking me up. Grandson has cross country in Wamego - you all know where that is, right? :D Imagine there will be lunch out and some of us are going to the Discovery Center in Manhattan. It will be a long but fun day.

The wind blew here again all day yesterday. I finally had a chance to really think about Fibber McGee's closet in here and figure out what to do with it!! That's 2 organizational projects in a week!

It's hard to know I'm 40 miles from Council Grove but can't go there until Thursday!

Catherine, at least you are thinking about what to take to GTG! I swore I'd get myself in food mode for this but hasn't happened.

Continued safe travels to all on the road! Sure wish Liz was taking a side trip!
Anita
chalet05

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:23 am

Good mornin' Barbie, Sarah, Sue, Catherine & Anita. Is everyone awake & exited about KS gtg? Looks like it. Wish I could go but am waiting for the pics and stories. No secrets ladies, we want all the scoop. :shock:

Sue, I hope you get to foster one (or more) of the poor pups and am thinking you may be a foster failure in the making (i.e. you keep one). They will need good homes to go to and Sassy wants you to have a companion for your walkies.

Sarah, wishing too that Nicky's foot is better too.

Catherine & Anita - you ladies just seem giddy waiting for next week. Weather is popping back up to low to mid 70's here by next weekend, & you'll get the weather before us, so should be perfect!

Saw a cute video yesterday of a welsh terror :D chasing his leash around a chair. Wondered how Vicki & Ronnie & doing with Penny. She and Mitch seem AWOL lately. Are those 2 up to something or am I missing things again.

Alice, Red and all I've forgotten that may be having some health issues, I am thinking of you daily and sending you healing thoughts.

Have a great day everyone and if you're on the road, please be safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Othersharon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:33 am

Good morning all. Lots of activity for those heading to KS. Looking forward to reading all about it as it happens! Barbie, sounds like you've had a fun filled few days! A nap this afternoon when you get home will be well deserved! Was planning on a run to Hersey today to check out the rv show but it's raining so think I may scratch that plan. Good day to get some inside stuff done in the house. Lola is at the garage getting extenders on the tires so can't finish cleaning her up from my trip. Was hoping to get her back yesterday but they didn't call so guess it'll be next week. I need to vacuum the floor and clean the doggie nose prints off the windows. So no excuse to get started inside the house! Still trying to get rid of excess stuff! Sometimes it's overwhelming! I start in one room and end up in another! I keep saying my kids will thank me someday! Hope everyone has a great Saturday and be safe if you are on the road!
Othersharon

Postby dpf » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 am

Good Morning! Missy and I are at the Super 8 in beautiful Keystone with Beth. It was 37 when we woke up with frost on the windshield! Didn't arrive until about 3:30 yesterday and Beth was in a meeting with the "real" manager of the quick stop and she came out of that meeting smelling like a rose. Last night we went out for dinner at the local fine dining restaurant and all ended up with salads! Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Both of us are early risers so we're going to do a little site seeing before we meet up with Beth again. We still have to shower and try to revive ourselves. I think the change in altitude is hard on the body!

So have a great day and I'll fill everyone in on our adventures later.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 am

No idea what kind of trouble Pat, Missy and I might get into today, separately or together. I didn't sleep well last night, probably because of the store mess, but since it worked out in my favor, don't know why I'd allow it to mess with my sleep. Not going to allow it to mess with time with friends.

Peaches says it's past time to get her walked, so best get to it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 pm

good morning ladies
got a bunch of stuff done outside this morning, got the skirting part done on the tail end of the fifthwheel and part of the
fence in the backyard. Need to do one more 8' section and then the gate and the back yard will be fenced in....and the
dogs won't be able to get under the fifthwheel. :D Its coming together a little bit at a time. Waiting for son to let me know
when he can dig out a small stump out by my fence, weather is nice today so today would be good if he would just call me.
My arm is healing nicely, think I go back for recheck on tuesday.
Tummy says feed me so I'm off to get breakfast. Ya'll have a great day and be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Not a sleepy Sat for me! Casey had me up and "out on the street" at 05:05!!! Iam so excited about leaving tomorrow. I am sure to get an early start with the way Casey is getting up so early. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:01 pm

I got somewhat even with the people in the motel room next door this morning.
There is a door between my room and theirs and you can hear everything from the other room. I could even hear the person on the other end of the guy's cell phone talking! The gal had this high-pitched whiny voice and would screech when talking, arguing, laughing, etc. They got in an argument about fooling around. :o Luckily, that didn't happen! :roll: I asked them at one point to quiet down so I could sleep. That lasted about 3 minutes. :evil: They didn't quiet down until almost 3am.
So this morning, I cranked up the TV as loud as it would go, and on an obnoxious station, and left it on when I left.

I was so tired and tempted to just head home without going to the zoo, but decided not to let them change my plans. The zoo is much smaller than I thought it would be and didn't take too long to walk thru. Felt bad for the animals there. They didn't look too happy, but did seem to have fairly large, nice enclosures.

Was a nice sunny day today, finally, for my drive home. :roll:

Got home about 1:00, laid down right away for a nap and woke up at 6pm! Guess I really needed that! Lola took about 15 minutes to "forgive me" for being gone, and came up on the bed and napped with me.

Will do a separate thread about my trip. Fit tons of things in a short amount of time, and took hundreds of photos, so those will take some time to go thru and post. Had a very nice time, but I am super sore from all the hiking around the rivers, beaches and waterfalls! Think I will soak in a hot bath tonight!

Looking forward to hearing about the KS GTG!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee