Thursday home

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday home

Postby carolb » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 am

G'morning all :)

Colleen, good to see you on MC. Red, glad to hear better news from you. Liz, such a great time with you, glad you made it to your next stop. Sarah, ridiculous dog rules, allergies and bad weather :( & all others, thanks for sharing your news of the day.

I'm actually about 30 minutes from home. Light rain this a.m. so I left the rest area before 6:00. Now waiting since I'm stopping at cousin's before going home. Giving her more time to be awake.

Dog rules:( NY SPs have 2 dog rule. Taconic (with Liz) was "accommodating." Not so when I tried anothe SP uesterday afternoon. No problem. Day use has no limits on dogs! Spent a few hours enjoying the park, then drove a mile to I 87 rest are to sleep for free! Thank you, NY State!

Typing on phone, no fun. Y'all have a great, safe day:)
carolb

Re: Thursday home

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:56 am

Good morning Carolb... And everyone else... Glad you and Liz had a great time... I'm taking a break... Have been busy since six a.m.... Right now I am packing up My grandmother's good dishes... I inherited them Being the first granddaughter... I wanted to give them to my first and only granddaughter.... But they don't want them... They are beautiful dishes 12 place set Complete bought right after world war 2... Stamped on back Made in Occupied Japan... So I am Going to store them in the garage for a year. Or until the house sells... Now that sounds better to me... my sister needs to tear down her sewing station... I have a pile that will go to my daughter... and a few odds and ends to the garage yet... and I will have it all out of here... personal items food and toiletries just before I leave.... I want to have all this done by Monday... so I can take the rig to get bushings on sway bar... and call a realtor... so that's it for me... have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
PS... Won't you be glad You won't have to hear about it anymore downsizing.. At least from me..lol
grammynmaggie

Postby chalet05 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:29 am

Good Morning,

Regarding Sarah's experience: as a non-dog owner, even I can't imagine telling a dog to 'hold it' until one gets to the doggie yard! If they want that rule followed, they need to park dog owners near the doggie yard!

Carolb, wish you could have just kept coming to KS!

Donna, wouldn't it be nice if younger generations would listen to us about how much work downsizing is! Maybe they wouldn't collect so much stuff.

Yesterday was so windy! I have the heater on this morning. It's that time of year here when one day is hot and the next chilly. I'm going to have lunch at school with my younger granddaughter and will visit my aunt and uncle. Birdie is here so maybe we can get together this evening.

It's exciting to read of everyone's progress on the road getting here for the GTG! Wishing them and everyone else safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:52 am

Good Morning
Still raining and a little windy here in SE MO. Trying to decide how late I can leave and not risk being on road near dark. Rain should end later today but don't think I can wait that long. Some flood warnings in area but don't see anything about other damage. Of course the free Internet here went down within a few minutes of the start of last nights storms. On my Verizon now.
Nicky and I did manage to make the walk to the designated doggie area before rain started last night. The area is a field at front of park along access road. Guess where the only dumpster is located. All the way at back edge of park - how crazy is that? I'm thinking owners are not pet people but probably couldn't keep the park open if they did not allow pets. We broke the rule this morning - I let Nicky pee on a near by tree and will probably do that again before we leave..
Guess I need to figure out what I'm doing before it gets too late. Ozark looks like a reasonable destination for tonight.
Have a good one.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Irmi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:31 am

Good morning Carolb, Donna, Anita, Sarah & everyone to follow!

Carol, have a good visit with your cousin! I saw the pictures Liz posted from the hikes and sightseeing you did. Looks like you both had a great time.

Donna, it won't be long now and you'll be heading south,

Anita, I can't wait to read and see what all will be going on at the KS GTG.

Sarah, I can't blame Nicky for not making it to the dog area to do her business. Hopefully the rest of the campgrounds you'll be staying in will be more pet friendly. Have fun at the KS GTG!

Our motorhome is still in shop, or maybe I should say again. We went to pick the motorhome up a couple days ago and it broke down five miles from the Freightliner dealer. I called them and they sent a mechanic out to troubleshoot the problem and he admitted embarrassingly that they obviously didn't fix the problem correctly and we were towed back to the shop. We'll try again tomorrow morning to bring the motorhome back home. It's a 1-1/2 hour trip each way, so I really hope they get it right this time. Monday morning we'll have the Blue Ox put on the back of the motorhome and then we'll be ready to tow the car to FL with us.

Coffee is still hot if anyone would like some. Have a good day everyone!
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:37 am

Some rules are meant to be broken. That dog rule is ridiculous. I saw it once, do not remember where.

About an inch of snow on the ground here. Will bundle up and get Peaches out to play soon. Temps about 33 and probably won't get much higher today. Ran my electric heater all night. Running the rig furnace now fir a few mins to bring the temp up a few more degrees fast in here, then will shut it back down.Unhooked my water last night and will keep it that way at least until tomorrow. Breaking all sorts of records here, I guess, weather wise. Awfully pretty outside, butotoo soon!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 am

Thought of you Beth when I saw the news last night. It is still warm and muggy here and I have the air on still! The. Electric bill will be enormous this month.
I am so anxious to get on the road! Food goes in the fridge today! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:06 am

Good Morning everyone... wow I could not sleep so was up until 7 this am and went back to bed... woke up at 10:30 have coffee now and will not eat breakfast as my peace meal will be here in an hour... I signed up for them last week... do not fix balanced meals so will have them during the week and on the weekend will fix something...
I got my papers for the dispute to my agent yesterday... it is simply maddening to pay and then be rejected...
Oh Sarah that sure is a pain... no dog can wait to get to the back of the park... when one cleans up the mess what difference does it make! The park I was in in Florida had mobile homes in one section they did not want animals peeing on their lawns so when I took shadow to the poo field I then went around the mobil home park... It was a good ride on my trike...
Barbie I take cranberry caplets and that helps keep the UTI bug at bay... antibiotics can sure make one sick... you wonder which is worse!
Sure will be anxious to see pictures of the GTG... time is ticking down...
Have a fun filled day everyone.
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:13 pm

good morning ladies
taking care of bill paying today, :D
other than that, its a routine day for me
ya'll enjoy your day
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Colliemom » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Good Morning all,

Past morning here at the 45th, but have been busy with a very upsetting morning for me. Finally had to make that decision on Sassy. She's now gone to Rainbow Bridge to be with Tess and Dancer, so now they are complete. Leaves a big empty hole in my life. Will post it to Pets Section.

Snow in SD is way too early . My friend downstate heard they may have some snow by end of this month and a bad winter as well. I haven't heard anything about snow early but have heard that we are to have severe wnter in terms of cold, but not much snow. It will be what it will be.

Damp and cool out today. Was going to transplant some trees from neighbors over to my yard, but not sure if I will or not. Not really in mood, but yet at same time, should occupy myself for awhile. First time in 12 years with no furry companions around, so need to make big adjustment here.

So with that. I am going to head over to Pets section and then maybe go outside for awhile. Have a great day all or what's left of if for some of us.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Still got a couple of minutes on the west coast if I type fast.

I woke up at 8 am this morning and rolled over at the same time I sat up--bad idea because it kicked off my vertigo. I staggered to the bathroom and got back in bed, which I figured was the safest place. I spent the next two hours in bed watching TV, trying not to roll over so my inner ears would settle down. Finally got up after 10:00 am and it was a bit better. Got dressed carefully and even fixed myself some breakfast. (The key is move slowly and not bend over or turn your head suddenly.) I get this every couple of months, but it goes away with time.

Anyway, yesterday was a driving day from Cape Lookout SP to South Beach SP just a bit farther down the Oregon coast. RVParkReviews.com said this place had problems with low branches, and they are right. A lot of jack pines in the campsite with overhanging branches. You are OK with a TT, but bigger 5th wheels and motorhomes like mine with stuff on the top need to be really careful. I got into my spot by pulling more to the non-hookup side and pulling all the way back. A couple of small branches could rub against my one slide if it gets really windy, but I think it will be OK. Got satellite and good cell service, and a marine science center and aquarium, plus a couple of lighthouses nearby for tomorrow. Going to be here for a whole week, so lots of relaxing time after I get my work done. About 1/4 mile to the beach, which I will probably walk to late today. Cool temps and chilly nights, but sunshine are perfect!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:01 pm

KS trip report, Day 3
I'm tucked in on the edge of little town of Ozark, MO (just south of Springfield) for the night.
Bit of a strange and somewhat frustrating day at times. Waited as late as I could before getting on the road in light rain. Discovered problem just as I was putting last items up to leave - big wet area on dinette bench. Looked everywhere for place that much water could have gotten in, ceiling, area around window, floor, etc all dry. Sponged up what I could quickly and left to avoid late check out fee.

Rain ended within an hour so rest of drive was dry with heavy dark clouds and there was still a lot more wind than I expected. Stopped for gas and to give Nicky a better walk than he had earlier at campground. Computers down at station - cash or check only, GRRR. Another look around for source of leak, nothing found.

I did try to enjoy the scenery as I left the flat Mississippi delta farmland for the foothills hills of the Ozark Mountains. Reminds me a lot of the area around Huntsville and south central TN.
Was still stewing about what else to check for the leak that I passed up one tourist stop I would have enjoyed - the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum at her last home, Rocky Ridge Farm (Little House series author).
Traveled along US 60 most of the way. Good 4 lane highway without much traffic.

Arrived at campground - all Internet and computers down across town - another cash or check only. This could get dangerous as I rarely travel with much cash or write checks. Fingers crossed that I have enough checks with me.

Tonight's parking spot is located behind the famous Lambert's Cafe (been on Travel Channel - known for throwed rolls and down home cooking). Wasn't planning to eat out but smell got me and it was only a short walk. Excellent meal with left overs. Oops, another cash or check only.

Was walking back in the rig from getting something up front and spotted tiny crack at back edge of window - has to be source on leak. Strange, had to be in just the right spot to see it with light coming in from outside. Very relieved to find source tho hard to believe the stormy winds could have blown so much water thru such a small opening.

Air still very humid but it has cooled down considerably. Glad not to have the noise of A/C but as darkness fell, had to drag out sweater. Think I have some winter PJs in here that might feel good tonight.

Back at CG, still no Internet - thank goodness cell service up so I'm on my Verizon hotspot.

Tomorrow I'm off to Peculiar, MO - just outside Kansas City, MO. Am hoping for some sunshine and a picnic table so I can put wet seats out to dry.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Sarah, glad you were able to get on the road and get out of the rain. This morning when I looked at the radar there was rain all over Arkansas. When I shop at Walmart I could get money back when I use my Walmart credit card. I never have but could if I wanted to. I know some of the women I have camped with get money on the road like that. I wonder if you have that option if you use another type of credit card?

I brought Harold to a doctor appointment today which took most of the day. I have to bring him on Monday for pre-admit tests and paperwork. Tuesday he is going in the hospital to have another scope run to check his bladder and dye run to his kidney. Depending on what the doctor does he could be in the hospital 3 days. Just hope they don't cause more problems than they fix like the last time.

We ate at a Lambert's in Foley, AL. I got hit with a roll. Their menu said no separate checks but our waitress gave us separate checks. We could have hugged her because there were about 14 of us.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee