Wednesday, parting ways

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, parting ways

Postby carolb » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 am

G'morning :)

What a great 2-3 days with Liz, but alas, we part ways later this morning. Isn't she something? So on the ball with her blog, & she captured things that I didn't even catch on our excursions :o

Sarah, wishing you a good trip on the "long leg" of your journey today. All who are on the road to KS (& elsewhere) will be in my prayers. Anita, thanks for directing our attention to Red's post on GTGs (I rarely get past MC), so she will be in my prayers. If you're reading this Red, know that we're all thinking of you.

Off for more coffee. Y'all have a great & safe day 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday, parting ways

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:15 am

Good morning Carolb... and everyone.... going to be a hot one here then rain...
woke up at 3am could not get back to sleep.... just took Maggie out now I'm tired
son worked on roof... hope no more leaking.... when I got a few more things out to RV...
do have a few more things to get organized.... also yesterday got the small TV from my bedroom in the house hooked up in the bedroom of the RV.... After my son carried it
Out to the rig... it still took me a couple hours to get it hooked up and figure out how to use it ... it is an old 13 inch with an old remote.... but I still was able to figure out how to do a search scan.... to get my 7 stations over the air that I get here.... well I'm still tired but I better get busy... maybe eating breakfast will pick me up... have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Colliemom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:39 am

G'morning Carolb, Donna and all who follow,

Carolb, sorry to hear your time with Liz is up, but you two certainly had a wonderful few days together. I agree, she is very alert when it comes to seeing things others of us miss.

Donna, hope you get your energy going this a.m. Took me awhile to get up around here as well but finally decided I had better roll out. Neighbors are leaving for home (FL) this afternoon and she is bringing me a check for some tree work that will be done in a couple of weeks, so I can give it to the tree guys. Sure hate to see them leave, we had a nice summer and a great time in Copper Harbor last month. But work calls for them, so have to go.

Raining here this morning. Thunderstorms and rain in forecast for today. Nothing severe up here though. WE have had enough of that for awhile. I've been out working in yard for past 4 days getting things improved out there. PIcking up sticks and branches from where the poplars used to be, cutting back some overgrowth etc. Looking good now. Unfortunately had to cut down my big apple tree. Plan to transplant some pines and spruce from neighbors over to here this week yet. She wants them moved from under the fence that old neighbor installed and then planted small trees practically under it :roll: Got some more overgrowth to clear out along back of my yard between fence and woods. Need to do that every so many years and this is the year.

As to the RV scene, not sure if I will be going back out again or not. Would like to do one more time, but will have to see what weather does. This time of year you never know and we are having a cool summer and fall plus lots of rain. But need that one final hurrah before it's over.

Well, off to start cleaning house. Really exciting life around here as you can see :lol: Have a wonderful day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby chalet05 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 am

Good Morning,

A windy, maybe stormy day in Kansas.

I got my running around done yesterday - almost. It was sooo hot that I came home before going to the jewelers. Naturally, they called in afternoon to say the 2nd part of my order was done! It took a long time to get the camper cooled down.

How I would love to travel and hike with Liz - but I could never keep up!!

Donna, I couldn't keep up with you either!!

Watching a squirrel gather acorns!

Planning is part of the fun of travels, but I have sort of turned that over to LeRoy for next month. We'll meet in Colorado for some adventures - been on my list for a number of years.

Have a good day all and safe travels!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redwahine » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:54 am

Good morning everyone. Although I haven't dropped in for MC recently, I thank you for your wishes and prayers. I am doing well. Just have to follow up with some more tests. Then diet and exercise. :D We did get some good news. Tomorrow will be DHs last day for I.V. Antibiotics. Hallelujah!! Now 3 weeks till the aspiration, then 5 weeks waiting to see if a bug grows, then a new knee probably first week of Nov. he is still in a wheel chair and scooter till there is a knee put back in that empty joint socket.

Although it is too soon to make a trip up to KS. I have actually signed up for a rally with the Lone Star Allegro Club (Tiffin owners in Houston) in Sulphar, LA near Lake Charles at the end of the month. It'll take me that long to get myself and RED ready to go anywhere. I have to remember how to hook up my TOAD and take her along as well. I've only towed once before for only 50 miles.

I loved seeing Liz's blog with pics of her and Carol exploring. Loved the Info about Rockwell. I love his art.

Everyone have a great day and I can't wait to see the photos from the KS gtg.
Last edited by Redwahine on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redwahine

Postby Redwahine » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:10 am

chalet05 wrote: How I would love to travel and hike with Liz - but I could never keep up!!

Donna, I couldn't keep up with you either!!!

Anita!!! I could barely keep up with you at DisneyWorld LOL. So, I'd be left behind at the CG if with Liz or Donna! :lol:
Redwahine

Postby Liz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Just tried to respond to Sue's great pics of her trip to the UP, but when I hit submit it told me the post doesn't exist! Hopefully you're just editing and it will be back later, Sue, or else I've lost my mind, haha.

Bid farewell to Carolb this morning and drove a very scenic Rte 209 through NY to PA and the Delaware Water Gap NRA. Camping at Dingman's cg in the park for two nights. Tomorrow Thistle and I will try some hikes to a couple of waterfalls. (I think he's allowed) And then we'll try to find a place to launch the kayoo on the Delaware River. The water is too shallow at the ramp here in the cg. I watched a couple trying to put their inflatable Sea Eagle in this afternoon. They were still wading half way across the River looking for a spot deep enough when I quit watching. The man at the cg store suggested an access point a little south of here, so I will try that.

Red, so happy to hear some good news from you.

Am anxiously awaiting reports and pictures from the KS gtg.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Not morning - but thought I'd better check in while i can as severe weather moving in - already under wind advisory with severe thunderstorms forecast this evening and overnight -high wind, heavy rain, potential for hail but relatively low threat for tornados.

I'm in Poplar Bluff, MO and all set up at an RV park with power and water and at least for now, free Internet.. Have A/C going full force as heat index is 96 now. A little nervous that I'm parked under a very large oak tree - dropping acorns on roof with as much noise as the hickory nuts on roof at home. More concerned later about falling limbs and/or lightening. Wind gusts rocking Magic now and then.
Park is nothing special but not a bad little park other than a crazy pet rule. There is one designated area for pets to potty, about 1000 ft down a hill from where I'm parked. Rule says you must move very quickly not letting animal sniff or potty along the way or carry pet to designated area. Don't think Nicky and I can do either - I will try to get him down there once before storms move in - once the storms start, he will not likely want to go out anyway. At least the weather will be much cooler behind this front - a very welcome change as long as it doesn't get too cold.

I did sleep better last night so todays drive was easier and just under 200 miles. Allergies back in high gear and one nasty detour were the only things keeping it from being a great day (and of course the storms later). The detour set me back about 1/2 hour, part of it was a 1 lane gravel road (there was a sign that said local traffic only but I had no where else to go). Otherwise roads were decent and saw a lot of pretty farmland. Past up a couple of places that might have been interesting stops in exchange for peace of mind in getting off road earlier. Thought I was seeing things at one point - zebras, camels, etc - then down the road saw sign for a Safari Park, Whee - mind not totally gone.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Glad you're hunkered down, Sarah. Stay safe.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby longdog2 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I headed out from Michigan early Tuesday morning. So sorry Sue and I didn't get a chance to meet after all. By the time I got over closer to her, she had the bad storm and cleanup. Maybe next year. My friend Loretta is traveling back to San Antonio with me as she has a doctor's appt back there. We spent last night in a Walmart in Marshall IL and tonight we are in North Little Rock at a Passport America park right on the river across from Little Rock downtown. It is really quite neat as there are several bridges in view with lights that change color. Tomorrow we hope to go to Hot Springs Arkansas National Park if the rain isn't overwhelming. Great trip all around so far.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby MandysMom » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:56 am

Sarah, I know exactly where you are staying. We did not know about the other park on edge of town up on a bluff, which was much nicer . So ended up in 08 where you are. NEVER again. They were rude. We told them our bus had low clearance and yet the path they led us on had these berms on it and we almost high centered. When it came to leaving they told Mel to drive over this little bridge but we drove our rental car down where they said turn the bus around and there was no way we would fit across their tiny flimsy bridge (imagine a 35,000 lb bus needing to be towed off a broken bridge). Somehow Mel managed to back and forth and get it facing to go out the way we came in. One evening we had our two cats on harness and leash beside the bus at our picnic table and they were not out 5 min with us when here came the owner saying their feet were not to touch the ground unless they were down at the then unfenced piece of land at the front next to the busy roadway. We were so glad to leave that awful place. If I had known you were going to Poplar Bliff I would have looked it up and warned you. In my not so humble opinion the owners of that park are nuts. They could have a nice place but they neither understand big rigs or have any sense of how to treat people. And it sounds like in the 6 years since we were there that they have not changed one bit.
Sorry you had to put up wit them.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee