Tuesday with Liz

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday with Liz

Postby carolb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:45 am

...actually, Sun night, Monday & now Tuesday! G'morning all:)

Yep, met up with Liz & what a great time, a beautiful campground & perfect weather! She had me out on the trails first thing yesterday a.m.--3 hrs later, I'm limping back to camp :lol: Well, not really limping, but my old leg muscles haven't had that kind of work out since before I got my riding mower :lol: We took another shorter hike after dinner--I'm sure it will all be in her blog. She's so good about taking pictures to share...Such a joy to be with her & Thistle! Today, a trip to the Norman Rockwell Museum :D

So fun to hear of many who are on their way to KS. And Barbie on the road? Hey, what's this about winning a golf tourney?? Good for you! Beth, I heard on the news that snow is expected to hit early in Yellowstone, etc. Better get out of Keystone fast--did you have a good summer there? Lotsa time at Custer Park? :)

Ava, glad to hear your arm is useable. Now about Scout--are you dog sitting, or did you get a new baby? I missed something there. MsCrow, welcome to MC :) I missed something there too--you're new?

Well, y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Tuesday with Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:21 am

Good morning Carolb.... and all.... have a great time with your adventures with liz today..
I am waiting for my son to get here to work on the garage roof... found out this morning
that my bushings are here for my sway bar... so we'll have it done on Monday the 15th
And so far That leaves me good to go On Friday the 19th.... my plan is to finish up every last minut thing this week and talk to real estate agent first of next week.... not sure of any adventures on the way down south... since it will be tight quarters in this RV... I'm still having
A hard time wrapping my brain Around the fact that I am almost done!!!!!
Have a fun filled day and be safe....donna
grammynmaggie

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:43 am

Good Morning
I'm absorbing coffee and waiting for morning rush hours to end before getting on the road. Spent the night in Magic as I made a last minute decision to leave a day early heading for the KS gtg. Dreading the drive a bit today because I did not sleep well last night and I have a little further to go on this first leg go trip than I like to drive in a single day - also most of today will be along Interstates. This is the only day I will be using Interstate system - will be taking back roads across MO & KS - all new territory to me.
Have a good day whatever you have planned.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 am

Good Morning,

Great you and Liz had a GTG, Carolb!!

For those of you not following the KS GTG thread, please add Chris/Red to your prayer list as she is now having medical issues.

I stayed home with a 'to do' list yesterday, which probably wasn't smart as now we have a storm coming! I am going to get my blood drawn this morning for next week's checkup and then out to the farm to pick up DVR access card from Directv that finally arrived yesterday. Laundry may wait.

Daughter picked me up yesterday evening for older granddaughter's private flute lesson at Kansas State University. Sopie actually allowed us to stay for the lesson so I finally got to hear her play! She is preparing for district competition. That was to be followed by grandson's fencing lesson, but instructor sort of dropped the ball on not letting some kids know it wasn't happening! My son-in-law had driven Spencer into town after cross country practice to meet us - that's a 30 mile round trip on a tight schedule!

Safe travels and wishing you all a splendid day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:58 am

Good Morning All, It has been quite warm and muggy around here...I've had the AC on each day which is unusual for me. It was warm outside at 5:30 this AM when Casey and I went for our first walk of the day, Some are on the way to KS...I cannot leave until Sunday...it will be freeway driving the entire way.
Am sending positive thoughts and prayers for Missy and Red. What those two are going through is tough. Ava, stay off the flooded roads!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 am

Hello everyone I have been MIA for a couple of days... trying to get my head around this insurance company I have PROGRESSIVE please if you have them look them up on the internet they have 81% bad reviews... Oh do I ever wish I had known this years ago when I got them... I will fight tooth and nail even if we have to go to litigation... they rejected my claim...
MissMermaid has contacted me thank everyone that tried to find her...
Ava glad the results were good... Carol enjoy your visit... you two are the best ambassadors for the forum! Drive careful Sarah and everyone else heading for the GTG... sadly wish I were going to be there... need the encouragement each one gives... right now I am a mental mess... no tears just confused and upset!! If I have missed anyone forgive me...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Redetotry » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:43 am

Good Morning all, Glad to hear you and Liz were able to GTG Carol!
I had a bit of a road trip yesterday & it was quite an experience that reinforced my believe in guardian angels. I had a doctors appointment in St Louis so equipped with my trusty Garmin GPS I took off looking forward to including a trip to Whole Foods. The doctor I see is in a large complex and her office had moved into one of the new buildings since I had been there last. Thought I was doing great, found Building C and a close by parking space beside one of the multiple parking garages. Then the fun started, where was the entrance?! Finally found one and went to Information desk only to be informed I was not in building C and it was a long walk, and to just go down the hall and turn left....which led me outside! Asked another person who said oh just follow the ramp...walked a bit farther, no ramp. Asked a valet attendant who called out to another person, yes he knew where it was and was headed that way. As we walked along he indicated the entrance which was inside one of parking garages & the offices were on top of the garage!! By this time we were practically old friends and he said he worked at the hospital and would just take me to my doctors office.! But opps, the elevators weren't working so we took the steps up to the next floor, down a hallway to find more elevators that did work. By this time I was thoroughly lost and commented I will never find my way out of here and I have no idea where my car is parked now! Well not only did this angel walk me to the doctor's office, he went inside, gave the receptionist his number and told them to call him and he would return and see I found my way back to my car!!! At one point in our walk I commented to him, I believe in guardian angels and I was expecting you!

The appointment went well and the receptionist showed me on a map where I was and where the outside door was, so feeling confident I headed out on my own and was successful! Trusting in my GPS I headed out to the Whole Foods store, only to miss the first turn, as the nasty Garmin lady shouted out recalculate, recalculate little did I know how many times I would hear that annoying word before I made it to the store and then back to the interstate headed home! I swear she started giving me turn instructions slower and slower as she grew more annoyed with my failure to perform correctly. I was happy I had passed the pastry section in the store and had lots of goodies to console myself with on the trip home.

Today I'm having a day of rest :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby gingerK » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 am

Mornin' gals,

Whoa, BJ! That was quite a day you had! I would be resting too if I had to go thru all that! At least you got something tasty out of it and good report from Dr.

Kathleen, I am so sorry that the insurance company is being such a brat about your MH. Do they say why they won't pay the claim?

Lyn, like you I haven't gotten on the road yet for KS and I'm chomping at the bit. My friend Carrie and I are constantly calling each other making last minute plans and adjustments to plans. The real fun will start when I start getting things ready at home for while I'm gone-DH will need instructions and FOOD! Sometimes getting ready for a trip is more work than fun.

Anita, sounds like you're having a good time with the family, spending time with the grands sounds like fun!

Sarah, take it easy and take your time getting to KS!

Donna, you're getting so close to being done with everything, after all your hard work you'll probably feel like something's missing without having something to do!

Carolb, glad you got to have a mini gtg with Liz, sounds like a fun time even with the sore muscle!

I'm working on getting all my daily dog walks covered; it's not easy finding people to work as most have other jobs and have to see what their schedules are before they can commit to my jobs. Then, there's the client who calls last minute and needs petsitting! Now, she knew when she took her daughter back to college just when she'd need me, but did she call ahead of time? NO! So another scramble to try and find someone to cover this, too. Lucky for me I have a friend who just got her hours cut at Jewel and needs the money; she said she'd be happy to cover it. Now we just have to make arrangements for a meet & greet so she can learn all the details and meet the pets. Feels like things are falling into place, but s l o w l y....!

My bff Carrie called me this morning with a proposition: her brother who moved to MO asked her if she wanted to go in on half a pig (he's raising pigs on his farm). So she called me to see if I wanted in (HECK YEAH) and asked could we go down and pick it up when it's ready (again HECK YEAH). So it'll be a road trip! Always an adventure with us!

Rain in the forcast again, my hay man can't bale so I don't know when he'll get the rest of my hay to me. Might be about December, lol!

Got an appointment to take DH's pup in to vet for annual shots tomorrow, that'll be a rodeo. He has zero manners and I have zero patience with him.

That's all for now, everyone stay safe and take it easy those who are already on the roads.
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:50 am

good morning ladies
carolb.....dogsitting
as I continue to dry out .....some stuff in shed also got wet so taking time here and there between working to lay them
out to dry, as well as some of the stuff in my car where my passenger side window doesn't shut :( at least its not on my
drivers side where my seat would get all wet. That repair cost me $500 before I went to Colorado last year, and I'm looking
at the same for the other windows. Not a pleasant thought. Then of course I've got to dig out all the old sealer stuff on the
end cap and put in new. In the meantime, damage has been done to the cabinets and kitchen counter where the wood swelled and the laminate came unglued. :( I'm alive and mostly dry except for the one end and thankful I didn't loose everything
like some folks here in town. Trying to decide if I even want to call the insurance company and do a claim, I'm thinking I
could fix it all myself for less than the deductible and save myself a claim, however I'm still weighing out that decision.
Well, on to more chores, ya'll have a great day and be safe. Enjoy your gtg's
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:27 pm

I've been thinking of you, Ava. Sorry you have damage.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:42 pm

BJ, just an FYI, the Garmin's have a mute on them. :lol: I have mine muted. I usually have my own ideas about which way I want to go. The bad thing is I have to remember to pay attention when I'm going through a town so I am in the correct lane and take the correct exits. I know what you mean about being lost in some of these medical complexes. What gets me is that some of the elevators go to different buildings even though they are in the same area of the lobby.

Our Whole Food store is opening this month I think. I usually don't buy much in one but I can sure spend a lot of time looking at things. They are opening a Rousse's coming South out of Lafayette. That will be handy for me. I hate to get back to Abbeville and need to go Walmart even though it is only about 5 miles out of the way.

Have a safe trip Sarah and everyone headed to KS. That's why I seldom make reservations because I never know what time I will get on the road and how many stops I will make. I don't want to have to make it to a certain place or have to stop when I think I could go farther.

Carolb, you did better with Liz than I could have. She would have had to leave me on the trail and pick me up on the way back. I need to do better with my walks and not have so many excuses not to go.

I made a Lemon Jello Cake this morning to see how it would turn out. I had my mother's recipe and use to make them but I think I lost it in the flood. I found one at All Recipes that sounded like the one I had. The cake bingo is getting lemon and strawberry jello bunt cakes because they are easy.

Yesterday I went to happy hour at Betty's campground to meet Lori and The Sultan. We had a nice time visiting.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Just about to head on down the road here.

Woke up with a stomach ache this morning but it got me up early so I got some things done before heading to work. While I was doing a haircut, I started getting really light headed and nauseous so I left my client and went to the break room. My manager took over my haircut and I went into the bathroom and got sick. Luckily, I felt much better afterward. I think it was from the antibiotic I am taking for my UTI. I did have toast and milk this morning before taking it but I guess I need more than that in my belly before taking it. Hope I do OK on my trip!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:13 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Just about to head on down the road here.

Woke up with a stomach ache this morning but it got me up early so I got some things done before heading to work. While I was doing a haircut, I started getting really light headed and nauseous so I left my client and went to the break room. My manager took over my haircut and I went into the bathroom and got sick. Luckily, I felt much better afterward. I think it was from the antibiotic I am taking for my UTI. I did have toast and milk this morning before taking it but I guess I need more than that in my belly before taking it. Hope I do OK on my trip!

Have a good day!

Well that ice cream was tasting good! Why can I not learn to eat and drink while I read posts on here! :)

Seriously, Barbie, I hope it is just a reaction to the meds and you have a great trip.
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee