Friday already

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, Sept 5

Postby chalet05 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:39 am

Good Morning!

The wind woke me up just after 4, finally got up at 5! Made coffee and wind died down!

I had a great day with older daughter and granddaughter yesterday. GD had 3-month checkup in Kansas City (Crohn's disease) which is a couple hours away. We had lunch at Buster and Dave's - read Chucky Cheese for grown ups! Good food and fun games.

Hope you all find something to smile about today!
Anita
chalet05

Friday already

Postby carolb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:48 am

G'morning all:)

Time just flies by these days. So quickly turning to fall--except today is to be brutally hot & humid here :roll: A day to stay inside & get some serious house cleaning done.

Crikey! The universe is not letting me get a shed/garage :lol: . Yes, Kathleen, it's a prefab garage--well, actually, one of those metal buildings that comes in pieces, along with a crew to set it up in a day. Soooo, we're into week 5 of the 4-6wk delivery period, & I get a call last night--the truck on it's way up from NC got into an accident :( . How long of a delay? "Not long"....Don't know if any of you recall, last fall, we ordered a prefab from the Amish--4 wks later they brought the wrong one :roll: :lol:

Oh, Ava, what a lovely way to spend your "day off." ;) Wishing you good results from the procedure, & if you'll be crocheting, will you be awake while the dr does his thing??? Interesting...

Y'all have a great day! 8-)
carolb

Re: Friday, Sept 5

Postby carolb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:52 am

Hey there, Anita :) I just entered my post to open MC, & here you are already--which gives me "something to smile about" :D Always great to see your smiling face first thing in the morning! :P Have a great day!
carolb

Postby dayspring39 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:46 am

Good Morning Anita and Carol and everyone yet to come...
Have not made coffee yet... I got an electric can opener and the thing is stuck on a can of tomatoes... changed the batteries 3 times and no help... frustrating to say the least...
Carol do you think maybe a garage is not in your future??? jk.... Anita sounds like you are having a great visit and much variety... that is the way I had to do it when I would stay at my sons' and wanted to see his three kids... we managed and it was fun... now they are older and do their own thing...
Ava have prayed for you this morning... hoping all goes well, but what ever you will make it for sure...
I may be waiting for a few days for the adjuster to inform me about their findings... I just got a certified letter yesterday telling me they were investigating the loss... in the letter they gave many exclusions... time will tell...
It was sad for everyone to lose Joan Rivers she made many laugh...
Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:11 am

Good Morning Everyone !!, didn't realize so many days have gone by since I've been on here. Had some catching up to do. It's kind of scary to see how many days have gone by, not sure what I did with it :roll: Same ole same ole is all I can say :D
I have gone up to the porch where the few who are here gather most mornings to wait for the mail, have coffee and someone takes a treat. Small group but really nice people. That covers time for most mornings :D too hot for much of anything after that.

Sarah, the bat trying to take up residents, was scary !! Glad you got him out. What a good picture you took of him !! Judy , hope things are better for the brother where you aren't so upset. Carolb , still waiting for that garage. After mentioning the Amish mistake last season, crossed my mind that of all the things you and your brother do, you two could have one up, all the waiting you've done :o :D Thinking of you today, Ava, praying all goes well and they get it all this time !! Velda, so glad to read your news, that the ole ticker is good. Thinking otherwise is hard to deal with. Donna, you are another one of the bunch, that wears me out reading all your doings :lol: Will be so glad for you when it's done. Sure hope miss Maggie is feeling better. Sue, sounds like you had a great trip and planning more !! Good for you, love pics you posted on FB. Anita, is waiting practically at the door of the awaited for GTG !!! Oma, wondering how your hand is, and how you're managing typing at work. Hope it's healing well. Kathleen, hoping insurance will cover expense for roof for you, always something, right ??? Fingers crossed !! Toes too :D

My Maggie is prancing , she's been out this morning but that was before she ate :D Think it's time for another outing !! Have a good day all, those on the road, enjoy the scenery , stay safe.

Gotta go,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:14 am

Good Morning everyone,

It's been a stormy and wet night and morning here at the 45th. Mother Nature put on a spectacular lightning display last night, the which of I haven't seen in a while. Actually it was a severe storm packing wind gusts of 50 miles per hour, vivid lightning and heavy rains. It rained heavy on and off last night and more storms have rolled through since wee hours of the morning. Am waiting out what looks to be the last line of them now. Some areas are without power, I have a poplar tree down in my yard. Not a big one per say, can probably cut it up with my Sawzall, but not today. Neighbor has branches and limbs all over her yard. So tomorrow will be a clean up day around here. Was going to try to meet Colleen (LongDogs2) for a lunch GTG tomorrow, but am not going to be able to make it due to the storm damage to clean up. Neighbor and I had planned to go to Mackinaw City to watch Antique Tractor Parade over the bridge, but will wait till this last batch of heavy weather moves through. They are on hold up there as well. Too wet to do anything in yard anyway. So glad I had that big diseased oak taken down and they did it earlier than they had originally planned.

Kathleen, although it looks like you aren't having a good morning, you can opener being stuck on a can of tomatoes did give me a good morning laugh. Hope you got it off by now.

Am running my computer on battery right now while the storm does it's thing outside. So am going to go check past Coffee's and see what's been going on. You all have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:40 am

Good morning ladies
well, today is the day and I'll get my butt in gear shortly. Will be so glad to get it over with and know there is no cancer
growing in my arm. Will stop at the store on the way home and then go pick up little Scout. Its "almost" just around the
corner from me. He'll certainly be glad to get out of the kennel.
Ok, enough said, gotta get dressed. Ya'll have a great day and be safe. Will check in later and perhaps from the doctors office if I get bored waiting around :P ;)
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:48 am

Good Morning,
It''s another hot one here today but by tomorrow morning a cool front is promised!! I have an appointment in St Louis on Monday so hope the front sticks around. The dogs are wild this morning, wonder if it is a full moon. For awhile Mitzi was on the couch racing like mad from one end to the other while Toby barked her on. They have moved on to a quieter game of wrestling now, taking turns sticking their head in each others mouth.
I ordered myself a pair of handmade sandals a few weeks ago for one of my birthday presents but they won't be here for at least another week :( DH found the place online and sent me the link, not a lot of styles to choose from but they are made from very nice soft leather. I had to trace my feet and give them some other information so I'm hoping for a good fit. I have worn Birkenstocks for so many years I have a hard time finding other styles my foot likes. The cost was about the same as Birkenstocks so thought I would give them a try as I'm ready for a change.
Sorry to hear you lost another tree Sue, your trees have taken a hit lately.
Time to do something productive but need to find a little motivation first.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:49 am

I didn't go back and read before I posted this morning!

Ava, I know you will be glad when the procedure is over and hoping it isn't as bad as you imagine. Thinking they will numb the area??

Sue, one reason I got up so early with the wind because I was sure we were going to get a big storm! Not yet anyway, but I think it is coming. I even took a little nap after my coffee!

Carolb, maybe CArol is right - you just aren't meant to have a garage! :)
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:31 am

Good morning gals!
Slept in this morning. Heading to work later on.

Yesterday was 90 and very humid. Today will be a high of 66 only and dry air. Fall has arrived! Two days ago, we had severe storms roll thru. They missed our town but hit about 15 miles north of here. There is a large apple farm up there that got hit by the storm with half-dollar sized hail. Just decimated the apple crop! And they were planning to start picking the apples the next day. So sad!

Getting ready for my trip on Tuesday. Been working extra hours to cover for a gal who seems to have a lot of "issues" and can't make it into work or needs to leave early (hangovers, jail time, etc :roll: ). So not leaving me much time to get stuff done at home in between working. Luckily, I don't need to pack nearly as much stuff for this trip as I did for the camping trip. But still need to clean my apartment and get things organized for my pet sitter. Did 3 loads of laundry late last night.

BJ, glad to hear the dogs are getting along better now. :)

I got an electric can opener and the thing is stuck on a can of tomatoes... changed the batteries 3 times and no help...

...did you try plugging it in? :lol: :lol:

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Redetotry/BJ I would love It if you would post the link to the handmade sandal place, ESP if you love them when you get them! I tried in past to find moccasins made in the US but every place we stopped on our big trip in 08, even near reservations they were all made in China or Taiwan etc.
Keeping Ava in my thoughts today. And hoping all else have a good day. I hope to have energy to go to Curves again and to Costco.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Liz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Playing in the Berkshires of western MA. Found a paddling pond this morning. No internet or cell service at the cg, so just short posts when I'm out exploring.

Think I may have missed some news, so saying a prayer for you Ava. Will catch up next week.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Redetotry » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:50 pm

MandysMom wrote:Redetotry/BJ I would love It if you would post the link to the handmade sandal place, ESP if you love them when you get them! I tried in past to find moccasins made in the US but every place we stopped on our big trip in 08, even near reservations they were all made in China or Taiwan etc.
Keeping Ava in my thoughts today. And hoping all else have a good day. I hope to have energy to go to Curves again and to Costco.
Velda

Velda, here is the link. http://www.aurorashoeco.com/ mine are supposed to ship at the end of next week and I will let you know if I like them.
I ordered the New Mexican style in Burgundy.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Friday already

Postby MandysMom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks Redetotry/BJ I will await your report and check the site.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee