today is Thursday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

today is Thursday...

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:30 am

Good morning everyone... that is if there's anyone out there reading
I know as soon as I post this someone else will too...
Anyway My brother in law came and fixed the rug scrubber plug
so I've been working on that.... doing the spots that I've come acrossed
Went to dinner with my sister And a family friend.. her mother
and our mother were best friends..... it was a fun evening.. just carried a bunch of boxes with paper in them that needs burned and I can't find a place to burn it... its too much to shred
it's all my 15 years worth of paper from my business... carried it to the garage
now my back hurts... they close Shenago campground On Sunday for the season
So I think I will go and don't my tanks this afternoon... They charge 10... Maggie is better
Being the good mama That I am I got her some new healthy treats And they did not agree with her little tummy... Well all for now Have a fun filled day and be safe..donna
grammynmaggie

Re: today is Thursday...

Postby MelissaD » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:59 am

grammynmaggie wrote: just carried a bunch of boxes with paper in them that needs burned and I can't find a place to burn it... its too much to shred
it's all my 15 years worth of paper from my business..... donna

Campfire also works to burn papers just be careful it stays in the pit. Watched a couple burn up some old checks the other weekend. One last camping trip ?

Well off to work, today is my long day 13 hours finish around 1 am. Tuesdays and Thursdays are long but it means I can come home from the campground Monday morning (11:30 am start work) and I get done at a reasonable time on Friday (around 6:30 pm) and that's what counts :lol:

Camping keeps me sane. :D
MelissaD

Postby Colliemom » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 am

Gee, campgrounds closing already. Ours stay open to November 1st for camping although later after the middle of October, the water may be shut off and shower/toilet facilities are closed to allow time for winterizing. But we just carry our own water and a lot of people quit camping after the middle of October anyway. Time to winterize rigs and get on to other things. A lot of parks hold Fall or Halloween festivals between now and mid October.

Haven't been on for past few days. Been busy with other things. Out with neighbor ne day to small farm market and cafe, cutting grass and more grass (mine and neighbors), and watching three of my big oak trees fall to the chain saw. They had oak wilt disease and had to go. Tomorrow heading north to Mackinaw to watch Antique tractor parade cross the Mackinaw Bridge. That's quite a sight to see. About 950 tractors from all over MI, IL, IN and other states. Only time of the year they can do it. Part of a tractor show up there.

Today it's going to be damp and wet as another front coming through with some rain and maybe some storms as well. S ogood day to putter in house with odds and ends. We had quite some weather here on Labor Day. 4 tornado's in Northern Michigan. One went through about 5-6 miles south/south east of here and then another about 8 miles east. That one did quite a bit of damage to a small residential neighborhood near a small lake. EF-1, but took down a LOT of trees.

You all have a nice day out there. Will be posting some pictures of Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula soon as I get them downsized t load into Photobucket. Might be todays project.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 am

Good Rainy morning from Normal... No news yet on what the adjuster is going to recommend... holding my breath...

The lady that helps me Kelsie helped me go through my clothes and put them in order... so many I do not wear so now three bags are gone to good will... there are still way to many... next will be my closet...

Today I will hopefully finish sorting the papers and bills that came while I was away for the month...

Donna sounds like you had a good day and a nice dinner out! glad Maggie is getting better... just a caution keep the business papers for 5 years as... I worked in collections for the state of Mi for 5 1/2 years and they can go back and check you over... it may be longer for the government... Melissa your work schedule would be way too long for me... WHEW!! Sue have you ever walked the bridge on Labor Day? You live in a good place for all of the activities in the north...

Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am

good morning :P
just checking in to see what ya'll are doing, today is my friday as I'm off tomorrow for my surgery. Have to be there at 8
and she said bring something to do. Will take my crochet and do up some potholders. Left arm will be resting on a big
pillow and I'll still have use of my hand so...yep, think I could crochet with no problem. Have had a little anxiety over
the week with this whole thing, its not the surgery part but the idea of being confined for so long in one place. :? I just
hate that idea, but it is what it is. Waiting and more waiting :| At any rate I hope to be done shortly after lunch and
then I have a few things to do. Yes, my arm will be sore just like last time but I got through it and I will again.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Had a much better night's sleep last night and system has settled down considerably. Going to stay home today and get some work done. Plus maybe get in some relaxing reading. Hospital is working to find rehab center for my brother. He needs to get up and walking better.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Hey Sue, I saw a picture of the crowds walking the bridge! Have you done it? Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Morning Coffee