Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:30 am

G'morning all!

Wow, such excitement now that Sept is here--so many on the move for their winter treks! :P Brenda, glad to hear you're back on the road to continue you're "6yr-in-the-making" dream trip. I too will be in AZ sometime this winter--so many great forum members there, really special ladies :D

Kathleen, hope the pictures help with the insurance claim...JudyB, prayers for your brother...Anita, have fun with the kids & grands! ...O'Sharon, glad you were able to make it to your "son's" reception...Sharon, hope you have a great trip--is that possible with the Chew-monster???? :lol:

Y'all have a great & safe day! 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday

Postby JudyJB » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:22 am

Even with sleeping pill did not get to sleep until 2. Now 4:00 am and up again but feel better because brother text messages me from hospital. Hope they thoroughly check him out while he is there.

Drizzly yesterday here at Fort Stevens in Oregon. Very nice state park. Nice ocean beach and view of mouth of Columbia River. Heading out today to get tour if WWII fort. Enjoying big trees and woozy feel also.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:24 am

Had one of those "nothing went right" days yesterday in spite of remembering Rabbits on the 1st.
Have not been sleeping well lately and allergies have just about got me down; heat/humidity not helping either - heat index around 100 all day. Just barely moving around seems to be major effort.
After finishing coffee, went to bedroom to dress to take Nicky for vet appointment. Startled by a bat flying around the room - no idea how it could have gotten in house. Tried unsuccessfully to knock it down with broom (had hoped to catch and release); ran out of time and had to leave it circling while gone to vet.
Nicky and I were very disappointed that vet decided not to remove stitches/bandages yet. Sentenced to 4 more days of collar, will take him back Friday. No infection but just not healing as fast as expected.
Back home, searched everywhere but could not find the bat. Called older niece to come help search - still no bat.
Knew it was still in here somewhere and dreaded night fall knowing it would come out again.
Distracted and feeling like run over by truck, forgot to pay utility bill while out so now a late fee. Letter from insurance company - lost appeal for coverage on procedure, another unexpected big bill.
Sorted thru paperwork most of afternoon between bat searches.
Finally got to bed a little after midnight. Within very few minutes of lights out, here comes the bat again. After circling bedroom few times, it flew into den. I shut doors to keep it out of bedroom for the night, settled Nicky back down and tried to get some sleep.
The bat search will continue today but not until I get more coffee down. Am hoping for a much better day and wishing one for each of you as well.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 am

Sarah, I know how unappealing paperwork is but you need to put it right up there with "I must move and walk everyday" so you don't get more unpleasant surprises. The bat you might not have been able to control but with the paperwork, you have a good chance! :)

Judy, try to connect with the social worker at the hospital. You may want to be sure that your brother is painting an accurate picture of his resources given his track record. As others have mentioned the social workers at the hospitals usually have the best connections with what community and the government has to offer in the way of supports....I will be thinking of you. Long distance worry is even harder that being right there.

Audrey and I are getting ready to drive down to Louisville, KY, and pick Daisy up so both girls can show again this weekend here in Ohio. Day trip here we come! Be safe out there everyone! Find some good adventures.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:48 am

Good Morning ladies... glad to see Brenda is on the road... Carol when is the garage coming... is it one unit already built?

Oh my Sarah a bat ugh... when we were getting ready to move to Fl we were still in the Adult Foster Care home... it had been sold and the people wanted to put some furniture in one of the huge storage rooms off our bedroom... well a bat had hidden under a table and the radar noise and the swooping started that night... wow we had to shut our room so the bat would not get down stairs where the ladies were... my husband got a broom and hit it enough to stun it and put it in a waste basket with another one on top... the next morning he dumped it out on the lawn... away it flew... wow Sarah you brought back memories that were buried deep in my brain! This was another thing added to your already overloaded plate... take care and I sure hope that bat gets caught today!

Judy so glad brother is in hospital... do you have the papers that let you make decisions for him? I sure hope they can help him... that would also help you and let you get back to 'normal' what ever that is...

It looks like so many of our members have worries that are loading us down... keep plugging away we all care about everyone of you!

I went to Caseys for a cup of coffee and a raspberry flip... the flip tasted doughy... but the coffee was excellent!!!

The insurance adjuster is going to Pontiac this afternoon to look over the MH damage... oh please pray for a decision that they will repair the roof... I sure cannot fix it on my own... still have not heard from Miss Mermaid... maybe she has her plate full also...
Take care everyone...
Tina just read your post... excellent idea about the social worker in the hospital!!!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby chalet05 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 am

Good Morning,

Sarah, a bat in the house would make me crazy! I don't like running into them in the old mines, but at least that's my hoice to be there! Hope today is better.

I see another great GTG in Arizona this winter!

Kathleen, anxious to hear what insurance adjuster says! Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I took old frames in to have prescription sunglasses made, jewelry to jeweler for some exciting things from my two sets of wedding rings (only one marriage but hubby decided I needed new set on 25th anniversary) and a layer or two of dirt off the truck and camper. Need to go out and hand wash a bit at a time because their brush was too heavy to handle.

LeRoy came back into the lower 48 yesterday at Sumas, Washington. He had a 2 hours wait and they were thoroughly searching all vehicles.

My aunt will pick me up while the truck is being serviced today.

Make the best of your day no matter what bumps in the road you hit! Safe travels to those on the road!
Anita
chalet05

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:17 am

Good morning everyone... it has been a busy morning at my place so far..
Took Maggie out and she Promptly got sick.... fix breakfast.. did the dishes..
got a load of laundry done... hung laundry out on line... mixed some drywall putty..
with a little water... put it on the ceiling on the ceiling at the bottom of the stairs...
Did not have one of those round brushes with a hole in the middle So I balled
up a rag and use that to texture and I think it looks pretty good... blends in ok...
tomorrow I will paint it.... yesterday I got the hall rug and the living room rug done
when the rug scrubber stopped working... I think it needs a new plug on the end
hope my BIL Can fix it...
Sarah here is a way to get bat out of the house.... If you know what room it is in
Go in there tonight and close the door.. Turn off all the lights. And open a window
Pull back for curtains So that it looks like a big black hole... Make sure the bat is flying around Stand by the switch... And as soon as you know the bat is flying around turn all the lights on immediately... He will head for the black hole and fly out the window... Has work every time for me...well that's all the wisdom I have for now... have a fun filled day and be safe ...donna
Ps.. Catherine I tried to get ahold Of Miss mermaid also.. I left a comment on her blog...
grammynmaggie

Postby jwillis54 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:25 am

I read about all of you getting ready to travel to AZ or other points south. Makes me want to hitch up my camper and head out. Oops...not for a few more years. I will enjoy reading about your travels, though.

If any of you come through SE Wyoming, let me know! Come by for dinner and an overnight. I am about an hour north of Cheyenne, right on I-25, in Wheatland, WY.

Jane
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 am

Sarah, you have too much excitement in your life. I have never seen a bat except at Carlsbad Caverns. My cats would go crazy if one got in the house. I don't have to worry about bugs because they are on anything that moves.

Kathleen, if you go back through Miss Mermaid's blog to August 16, you can see pictures of her roof repair. They covered the roof with Eternabond Tape. If you have collision damage yours might be more involved than this. I think Miss Mermaid is on the road.

I need to go to town but am moving slow. We have a club meeting at 6:30 so if I go early I will have to go back or kill time until the meeting. I'm pretty good at killing time but would have to go to Lafayette to kill that much time. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:56 pm

The great bat hunt has come to a successful ending!!!!
Nicky finally found him for me - hanging on to fireplace brick near ceiling. Put a plastic box over him but he would not let go of brick. Managed to get him loose running a straw along mortar line. Got him outside and it finally flew off. Hurt my shoulder in process of trapping it. Now waiting for blood pressure meds to kick in - took very late today and pressure is up from the hunt. Silly to let something so small create such reaction but I'm selective about what critters I might share housing.
When my ears quit ringing, will shower and head to store for grocery shopping senior discount day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Wow so glad you got that invader... and hope sleep comes tonight...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Gotta be careful with those bats. They commonly carry rabies. Glad you got him out of your house with little trouble.

I wonder if Sharon felt the earthquake just a few miles from her town in SoCal. 3.4 I think near Hemet last night. Not a big one but enough to shake things a bit.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee