Tuesday, Sept. 2

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday, Sept. 2

Postby Oma » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We were at Ortona South, a COE campground down by LaBelle. It's fun to watch the boats go through the locks and the fishermen were catching fish like crazy.

Heading into work this morning. Hard to believe its September already. Will be glad when the cool weather arrives. Ready to start baking pumpkin goodies.

Have a dr appointment tomorrow for my hand. Hoping everything goes well. Tired of dealing with this cast and trying to become ambidextrous by using my left hand.

Breakfast this morning is yogurt and bagels. Come pull up a chair. I'll be glad for the company.

Have a great day ya'll :D :D
Oma

Re: Tuesday, Sept. 2

Postby Othersharon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:23 am

Good Morning!

I'm finally on the road! I was beginning to think I would never get out this summer! With the rain and everything else happening in my little world this summer it almost looked like it wouldn't happen. I spent the last week at the fair every day and last Thursday was the last day so I managed to get it together that night and a late start on Friday. Stayed in a KOA in Stauton VA Friday night and rolled into Piedmont SC on Saturday. I'm parked in my son of my heart's driveway right now and will be leaving today for, I think the beach areas east of here. This is a fellow my DH put in the Air Force many years ago and we have been in each other's life ever since. He recently got remarried and they had their "reception" Sunday so I was glad to be a part of it. So much for taking small trips to get used to the new rig! I just jumped in with both feet and figured I would just deal with anything that came up! And so far so good. DS and friends answered some questions I had and showed me what I needed so I feel more comfortable! Plan is to hit the coast a bit and continue heading north toward home. Pups are doing fine with it all so that's a good thing! No breakfast for me this morning. DS had to fly out this morning for work and his new bride took him to the airport so I'm going to grab a shower and get ready to leave. Have a great day!
Othersharon

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 am

Good Morning... hoping to hear from the insurance today... I cannot remember if I said or not but I found the pictures that Molly took of my roof after it was repaired in January...

Will pay bills this morning and hook up my printer... hope I can figure it out!!

Have a great day everyone...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby jwillis54 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 am

Hi all,

45 degress here this morning! I love the fall transition. It won't stay there for good, but what a treat to bundle up last night (I love winter and changing seasons). :mrgreen:

Jane
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby brendac » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 am

Good morning everyone.

I was able to get the trailer back on Wednesday and have been slowly scooting west. This morning I am in Swift Current, Saskatchewan preparing to head to Calgary, AB later today. Only 6 more driving hours until I can get a grandbaby fix. I should be at DD's house in time to cuddle, read them a story and see them to bed.

I will be spending two weeks in Alberta, visiting with family and friends before heading south to Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. This trip has been in the planning since before DH passed away 6 years ago. I am so looking forward to exploring new places and creating new memories.

Y'all have a great day and stay safe.
Brenda
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am

Laying in bed worried about my brother. He is in a wheelchair, 68, and has serious depression. Crisis is that he was told has to be out of his subsidized apt today with his dog in Phoenix and has no money. He really needs a psych admit somewhere. He has been crying nonstop. He is supposedly going to his back surgeon today for a post surgery checkup and maybe doctor will find a way to get him in somewhere. Told him I would pay for week in cheap motel. He wants me to pay for dog kennel at $40 a day but going to tell him to call shelter where he got him.

Really upset my system with all of this stress so up in night. Need to go back to sleep.

I am only family member who will talk to him and I do not want to get his kids involved. Son will not talk to him. Daughter will but she has young family and job so lots of stress already. Really bad situation but he has caused it with lifetime of lies and substance abuse. Clean now I think but bad physical shape because of life habits.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:22 am

Good Morning from Manhattan, Kansas

After a stop at the swimming pool in Riley where my grandson was on lifeguard duty and my younger granddaughter (10) was swimming, I moved to COE park. I have gone to many swim lessons, but I have missed the younger granddaughter's the last couple of years. Last I saw she didn't like to get her face wet! She is now a 'fish' and does a beautiful dive!

Will be heading into town later for a few errands and hopefully the car wash tho I would rather wash the rig by hand.

Brenda, looking forward to seeing you in Arizona!

Safe travels to all on the road and everyone have a good day!
Anita
chalet05

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:27 am

Oh Judy... I have prayed for you and your brother... Just a thought maybe it is time for some tough love tell him you have done all you can comfortably do (what ever you have is not his!) and you will only talk to him about other things... It sounds like he has worn out everyone in his path...
This is so hard on you... please take care of yourself...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:46 am

Good morning everyone... just making an underwire for morning hot and muggy here in northwest Pennsylvania where's rain and storms on the way.. so I figured I better get the yard mowed... just finished and taking a break... work done scrubbing rugs yesterday and will do the same this afternoon.... Wow I'm almost done!!!... my son is coming in next week to finish up a few things...
Judyjb.... I hope you can find some answers for your brother... so sad what we do to our lives
Kathleen. I left a comment on Miss mermaids blog what you were trying to get ahold of her
about the roof... told her to come for him and check PM
Have a fun filled day everyone and be safe
grammynmaggie

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:22 am

Done the tough love for years when I have refused to give him money but he is really in bad shape now. At least he has not drunk for several years and is not abusing drugs. Mostly I am pushing him to get into some kind of care which he agrees to do if he can get admitted to it somewhere.

Thanks all
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby sharon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 am

Moving ahead with preparations for lift off on Sunday. Can't wait to get out of here and on the road! Had a great Labor day BBQ with friends at Lake Elsinore....swimming, wave riders and good food.

Anita, sooo looking forward to getting to catch up in Kansas and Brenda, looking forward to meeting you in Arizona. Hope you're going to be around for a while in our corner of the world. I won't be home until Nov 15th or so and then I have 5 days to unload, re load and head for Glamis for fun in the sand.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day and travel safe!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Return to Morning Coffee