Sunday, SUnday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good Sunday morning....

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 am

Good morning everyone... even though its raining its a still a good morning
looks like an all day rain.. but I don't mind I have inside work to do.. my goal today
is to get everything I'm taking packed and out to the garage.... when the time comes
I will load the RV from the garage.... I want to do this so I can scrub the rug... I am going to attempt this job myself... my sister has a really good rug scrubber
I got the stuff to do it with yesterday the scrubbing liquid and spot remover.... if it's not going to work... I will been trying to find someone to do it.... my Maggie girl wasn't acting right last evening she didn't eat all day until supper time maybe a quarter of a cup... when we got in bed she acted really strange... kind of needy but also wasn't sure what was going on with her... I took her with me all day yesterday ... will see how she does today... this rainy and cloudy and dreary looking day... I really need motivation to get busy...lol... and I still have that 2ft square of ceiling to texture with some drywall putty and paint nagging me to get it done... all for now have a fun filled day and be safe
grammynmaggie

Sunday, SUnday

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:34 am

Hooray, I get to start MC! However, I do not have breakfast ready. This is much to early for me! I do not know why Casey has begun getting me up at 5 AM! 6 is more civilized. It's warm and muggy here. Had the AC on yesterday and this morning.
That is rare for me to have AC. Lots of tourists in town over the weekend. I do have coffee ready for those who wish it.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Sunday, SUnday

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 am

Good Morning Lyn and Everyone !!! Just coffee is all I want when I first get up, Thanks Lyn. Hot here already, not sure if our promised cold front ever arrived :? Oh, maybe it was those few hrs Maggie and I set outside and there was a breeze in the shade ?? She didn't want to come in this morning , never does really. Silly me, promised it would be cool soon,,knew I was telling a story soon as it came out, but then I Thought we're going to the mts soon !! This A/C has really had a work out this year, never had to run it continuously before !!,!

I made a coffee cake this morning, had bananas that I'd frozen, cleaning my freezer out. No recipe just instinct with general ingredients used in banana bread, plus couple extre seasonings I like. Had some almonds meant to dump in but they were forgotten until I was putting things away. Would have been good, but it turned out soooo good. Prefect with my coffee. To bad no one here to share it with !!, And I have no idea of amounts of anything just dumped and mixed !!, so may never happen like this one again, :roll: :o

Not much planned for today, didn't finish my project yesterday, but it will be there, when I'm ready, I'm sure !!

Hope you all are having a nice week end, safely,

CArol :)
Didn't see you Donna, sorry, not sure what happened but Good Morning to you too, don't work too hard today !!
Carolinagal

Postby cnq50b » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:21 am

Good morning everyone,

Lyn, I bet Casey is getting up early because she knows its going to get hot (at least hot for SD) & wants to get you back inside before that happens. :D Glad I was out there when it was a bit cooler - last year I was there over Labor day weekend & they said it was the hottest in over 40 years! :shock:

Donna, Hope Maggie is ok - keep us informed...

CArol, love that you created a new recipe - even if it may never be replicated. :lol: Wish I could throw things together & actually have it turn out edible. Oh well, we each have different talents. :)

Not much going on here... Wishing we'd get some rain at my house - seems its skirting all around the area but consistently missing my yard. At least with the cooler temps & rain earlier this summer everything is still green. Maybe KS is just trying to impress those traveling here for the GTG. :lol:

Enjoying the long weekend - will probably take Sadie & the big van out for a drive today or tomorrow. Love having an extra day off to catch up around the house. That's it - nothing exciting. Looking forward to the GTG in a couple of weeks. :D :D :D :D

Hope everyone is safe & enjoys the day!
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:32 am

good morning ladies :D
got the timber painted for the flower boxes this morning, will get the end pieces cut later and hopefully get them put together tomorrow morning. Wishing I had more hours of coolness and the energy to go with it but baby steps is all I
am up for right now. Even with baby steps it will eventually get finished.
Didn't do any laundry yesterday so thats on the agenda today.
Not much else going on here, its just hot and I've about had my fill of it.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:59 am

Ah yes Sunday it is... I went to church and stopped for a coffee at Caseys... have no idea why it is better than I make!

Cloudy, muggy and sunless here in Normal... Yesterday I got my hair cut while I was gone Shadow got into the trash and on the counter he took a bag of Scoops... he must have thrown the bag around and around as it was totally crumbs... love scoops with cheese melted on top...

I do hope Maggie is not getting sick... makes us worry when our fur babies are sick... Ava you have sure gotten a lot done this summer... hope all goes well with the surgery on Friday... have said a prayer for you and know what ever it is you will be able to deal with it... Thinking of Irmi and Steve now right at church for them!! Catherine no excitement is a good thing!! CArol I have the coffee will be right over... my mother in law used to make an apple coffee cake for breakfast... Lyn 5 or 6 reminds me of my school bus days...

Not much planned here for me either just checking up on everyone else... take care and be safe...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Morning long gone - still raining here, back and forth between gentle steady rain and major down pours with lots of thunder to send Nicky into hiding.
Nicky is doing well but both of us will be glad when Tuesday arrives - hope to get bandages off and stitches out.
I just got the bill for the mobile RV service I had done recently. Still pleased as it was in line with the estimate they provided over the phone. I have posted more info in the Kudos section of Maintenance thread.
Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:01 pm

For as long as it rained here we only got 2 1/2 inches. I'm glad we didn't have any thunder or lightening, just some wind.

I am making a peach cobbler with the canned pie filling and cake mix. I didn't try to find my recipe so am just winging it. I think I put too much butter because it has been cooking for 50 minutes and it isn't brown yet. I like to put an extra can of peach slices but didn't have any. No telling how it will turn out.

I haven't been to town since Thursday and I'm starting to get cabin fever. I can't think of anything I need from town but it gets boring staying home all the time.

Sarah, hope you can get the stitches out of Nicky's foot. It's a pain when they have to wear the cone. I have to keep a cat in a big cage to keep one on them. Knock on wood, no one is sick or hurt now. The cat that had the abscess healed up. I still never did try to catch the wild cat that is fighting with mine and I need to do that. It's just a pain to get them to the clinic. I have to get up about 5:00 because they want them there at 7:30 and picked up the next day at 8:00.

My neighbor called me the other day wanting to know if I wanted a cat someone dropped at the church. I told her that I am not allowed to take in any more cats but I went and brought him some food. I haven't seen him since so maybe someone picked him up.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee