Saturday sunshine

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday sunshine

Postby carolb » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:48 am

G'morning all:)

Beautiful sunny morning here. Sue, glad to have you back:) Kathleen, so sorry to hear your news--but you're never 'without' when you're with us! :)

Tooth extraction went well-- never had one before, & didn't realize they actually PULL it :roll: I figured with all the new technology, they'd have some super laser tool or something--it was just like in the cowboy movies :lol:

Looks like today is to be the best day of the weekend--rain for tomorrow & Monday. Cousin is having her cook-out today, then I mow...

Irmi, how fun to have family from Germany--who speak English! :D

Y'all have a great & safe day 8-)
carolb

Re: Saturday sunshine

Postby Irmi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:20 am

Good morning Carolb and everyone!

Carol, yes, teeth are still pulled, even in this day and age! LOL!

We are camping, broken down, in a church parking lot in DE. The ECU (Electronic Control Unit) light came on just before the motorhome lost power and quit running. After talking to several wonderful people here at the church, who called the pastor who gave us permission to use their parking lot until Tuesday when the tow truck comes, we are situated off the highway and content. Steve was able to get the engine started after sitting on the side of the road for over two hours and came in under our own power. So we called Coach Net to cancel the tow but still have the tow scheduled for Tuesday to take us to a Freightliner dealer. It was cool enough last night to sleep with the windows open and we're only supposed to get into the low to mid 80's today, so we'll be fine. The fridge is full of food and we have plenty of books to read, so we have all the comforts of home. Here's wishing all of you a wonderful day.
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 am

Good Morning Carol and Irmi and all those who get to sleep in. My little furry alarm clocks think 5:30 is time to rise and play. Mitzi was disappointed on our walk when the neighbor's kids weren't out waiting for the bus. She heard them in their back yard and started barking. That was at seven and they were already in their pool ,wonder what time they woke up! The little one is two and races around on a little scooter in his jammies. He is so cute, he has big brown eyes and curly blond hair. Yesterday morning I asked him if Mitzi could have a ride on his scooter, he thought for a bit then looked at me and said "you can get her one".
Irmi, sorry to hear you are having problems but sounds as though you are in a good place to wait it out. Carol :lol: :lol: :lol: you are so funny! Did the dentist give you whiskey and a bullet to bite?

It is finally raining here Hallelujah!!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:43 am

Good Morning ladies... oh Carol we have a damp humid weekend planned here too!

Glad your tooth is gone even if it was like the good ol west!! Irmi the more I see and hear and the older I get it seems all of life is a learning curve... sometimes after the original shock we just have to pick ourselves up and dust off and get moving again... well in your case reading again... BJ your story reminded me of my sister in laws boy... he had long hair and she would not cut it... when he could walk and run he would take all of his clothes off and run down the road... someone saw him and called the police saying 'there is a girl naked running down the road!' Needless to say they got him and brought him home...

The insurance company called and I gave them basic info wind was blowing hard I heard a noise stopped and looked and finally saw the corner of the roof was shredded... he started to do the dance of not covering the damage... well I need to wait and see...

Hope everyone has a great day even if it is reading in a church parking lot!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby chalet05 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 am

Good Morning from Concordia, Kansas!

Irmi, such a great attitude you have, but what else can you do? Glad you are somewhere safe, but sure sorry.

Carolb, enjoy the cookout!

BJ and Kathleen, cute kid stories!

I am less than 2 hours from my aunt and uncle's, but I lost my oomph by the time I got here. I would rather arrive at their house not so tired as it is a bit of a tense situation since uncle is somewhat housebound which means aunt is, too. This is a nice little community park, by donation, with electric, water, cement pads and a dump station. WalMart is across the road and I checked it out first, but parking comfortable to put the slide out was all taken (not the usual curbs and islands).

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:44 am

Good Morning Everyone !!! I'm surprised it is still morning in time :lol: My day started REALLY early, I think I see a nap in my future and maybe not to far off :roll: Have already done so many chores, more to go. I'm sorting through some of the things I have in here and placing some in more convient places for use , I hope. Some are going out, period. I picked up a couple more drawers for my storage area, It's higher on my rig , and a nice size but needed a shelf or something so got these drawers and put my chairs and folding table on them and makes that space much more useable . Please don't ask for pics on the forum , may see if I can get one and put on FB. I say might :D By the time I get back to NC next Spring I will know what I want and will use in here, I believe. A few items I thought I wouldn't want, have changed my mind, making list :lol:

Irmi, I'm sorry to hear your stranded. In a church parking lot, been there, done that, my problem was brakes on old rig. Hope you're fixed soon and cost is not bad. One thing about being stranded in an RV and waiting for shops to be open, you have everything you need. Try to relax and enjoy.

Hope you all or at least most of you have something fun planned on your holiday time. So far, I have none but have plenty of things to keep me busy. After 2 this afternoon they predict more rain but not bad storms as yesterday. Back to sorting, moving stuff :o :roll:

Have a great weekend, safely,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:50 am

good morning ladies
done with my outside chores for today as its heating up already and its just 8:30. (my time) Got the new vine planted in its
big pot and the lattice hung on the deck for that. Picked up the paint yesterday and have it painted now to match the deck.
Couldn't find my itty bitty roller so I just brushed it on but I really need to find my little roller as it will make it so much
easier to do and I have lots of lattice to do over the course of time. The fence, the skirting and a few other planter boxes
will need the paint to match. Will work on the flowerbox/fence tomorrow morning and eventually the back yard will be
entirely contained so Maggie won't have to be tethered while we're sitting out in the morning. She won't run away, she's
just too quick to think she has to chase things "out" of her area. :oops: oh so naughty.
Work week was uneventful, actually was more than easy as I have had a couple of my wheelchairs in the hospital this
past week. They are suppose to return next week but with Mondays holiday and Friday scheduled for surgery, I only
have a 3 day workweek. :D
I will be glad to get Friday over with and know the cancer is gone and not continuing to grow. She told me to bring something
to do that it would take most of the day.
Daughters little dog has diabetes now, thanks to her dad overfeeding. Daughter constantly battled with him about the dog
getting fat. So when she suddenly lost tons of weight in a matter of days, it was a trip to the vet. Actually, two vets as she
wanted to get a second opinion. Apparently the insulin costs like $90 a bottle and of course there is the blood testing too.
She is just beside herself and thinking they might have to make some hard decisions. I feel bad for her.
Sorry your broke down Irmi but glad your in a safe place.
I'm done with news from my end of the world. Ya'll have a great day, enjoy and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 am

Well, just getting in under the wire here. Slept in late this morning! So nice!! :D

Yesterday, I went to the State Fair. I always park in a huge lot about a mile from the fair grounds and take a free shuttle bus from there. They really changed things around since I was last there and drop you off at a different side of the fair grounds now. They added a whole new area with booths to shop at. Had to rearrange my usual plans and direction for going around the grounds now.
The weather was cloudy, cool but humid. A few little spritzes and showers here and there but nothing too bad to begin with. I brought my rain coat and hat. Later on I was doing some shopping at an outdoor bazaar when I noticed the sky to the west was getting really black, so I hightailed it all across the fairgrounds to my next shopping site which is the Grand Stand building. A hurricane couldn't take that huge concrete building down! Lots of shopping on two levels there! However, "hightailing" isn't quite the right word. With tens of thousands of people to push my way thru to get there, it took awhile but I got there just in the nick of time before the sky opened up! Of course, it was very hot and sticky inside and everyone else outside was heading in there too, so was very crowded. It poured outside for well over an hour but I managed to get some good shopping done while there! No bargains but some cute tops and earrings. Also some fudge, and two really cool metal wall sculptures. One is a whimsical moose laying on it's back relaxing (I collect whimsical moosey things), and the other is the words "Happy Glamper" with a little TT with a crown on the roof. It is adorable!
Decided to show it to you...

Got home around 10pm last night, so almost 12 hours there! Very tired last night! But it was fun! Didn't eat a lot but had cheese on a stick, deep fried apple pie with cinnamon ice cream, loaded potato skins and a hot fudge sundae.

Nothing much going on today. Maybe laundry and a little house cleaning, then back to work tomorrow.

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 pm

I continue to behave and feel ok except still get winded and tired. Somehow I got confused as to time yesterday on Dr appt. so it is rescheduled for Tuesday. I do feel like I'm getting long needed rest, even if it is enforced rest.
Barbie, your fair sounds like such fun. We usually go to ours but this year it just did not work out. You may have even walked past my son and his family, including my grandchildren during the day. I think they usually go sometime during the fair, so who knows. He and his wife are realtors in Cambridge.
Have a good weekend all. We may put a pork tenderloin on the grill. Totally letting hubby handle cooking this week. It's a relief not to have to think about it.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby gingerK » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Barbie, Glampers are folks who have vintage travel trailers and fix them up so cute, usually they have a "theme" but not always.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:48 pm

I woke up with a headache and didn't want to get up. Can't say I actually slept in. Trying to remember what I ate yesterday that might have brought that on.

It's raining, raining, raining. Not real heavy but constant. There are flood warnings West of here. Hope it doesn't affect Vickie. One of the house cats wanted out but it didn't take but a few minutes for him to be looking in my window wanting back in. They have learned that if they look in my office window I will come let them in. I'm not sure who has who trained. :roll:

Barbie, your signs are cute. One of the camping groups I belong to would have been all over them. A lot of them have the vintage campers. Their campers are cute but I have enough trouble keeping what I have on the road. I'm not into decorating either.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Hello from Portand OR! Not sunny here. First time I have seen rain in a few weeks.
staying
Been to Ikea for frozen crepes and blueberry preserves. Then to Camping World for new sewer hose. Also bought one of their WiFi extenders at $89. If it does not work I will return it. I really really need it for using free internet since my Verizon is too expensive.

Typing on my phone so will add more to campfire later about brother being evicted Tuesday.

Having to wait for an attendant to pump gas here is Oregon is a real pain because it is so SLOW! N
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Judy, on my way back from Seattle I stopped in Oregon to get gas. I was digging in my purse to find my credit card. When I looked up a guy was standing at my window. Scared the you know what out of me. I didn't know they wouldn't let you pump your own gas.
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Glamping, or glamour camping doesn't have to be in a vintage trailer. It is just pampered camping with more comforts and/or luxuries than traditional rustic camping. In my case, a white picket fence with flowers and lights outside my tent and airbed/chair inside. I will eventually have a TT that will be glammed up, whether new or vintage. People who have seen my campsites call me a glamper (in the making).
There is a good book called "Glamping with Mary Jane" that has all sorts of ideas on how to glam up your campsite. "Join the ranks of happy glampers—women who add glamour to camping while traipsing “outside” the norm."
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee