Wet Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wet Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:10 am

Morning all,

Raining here at the 45th. Looks like the weekend is going to be kind of a wet one, not all the time, but rain in forecast everyday except Sunday last I heard. No fun for the campers who want to enjoy their last weekend of summer. The Tuesday, the school bells ring.

Got home on Tuesday, took trailer to dealer on Wednesday, awning all fixed, so back in business and it's now parked next to garage, getting a bath from mother nature. Needs a good cleaning inside and out. Will see if there is a break in weather and will do that. rugs and bedding in wash at the moment. No immediate trips planned at the moment. Figure I will probably do maybe two more and that will be about it for the season. The yearly health exams, dentist, 50th wedding anniversary party and fall trip to resort in U.P. coming up, so will keep me out of trouble, plus getting ready for winter as well. Tree cutting episode on agenda down the road too, soon as tree guy schedules it in. Have 3 oaks with oak wilt disease that have to come down. Tree folks are really busy with diseased trees up here, they are behind cause of rainy weather this month. Although I am so ready to hit the road again despite just getting back home. The road has more allure than my S&B.

Carolb, hope you day at the "spa" went well. I like my dentist too. They are so nice and when I am done, nothing hurts either. So much new modern equipment out now to work with, it makes going a pleasure really.

Was sorry to read about loss of Kathleen's MH. Talked with her on FB a bit last night. Also with Soos who is busier than ever right now. Colleen (longdogs2) is in MI and we are trying to have a GTG someplace, somewhere.

Breakfast offerings today are eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal and some really great homemade bread from a restaurant I was at yesterday. Also some Wild Blueberry jam from the U.P. and some a friend made. I already ate, but come help yourself. And no I didn't eat all that :lol: Just cereal and toast. Time to get a move on here. Applesauce making on agenda for the morning since apples are ripe on the tree out front.

Have a great day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wet Friday

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 am

Good morning Sue and all... Sitting here waiting for my sister
She wants to go to some yard sales today.. And I have to go down to another town
And pick up my medical records from the dermatologist... So we will check out a few in a different town this day.. don't worry people.. the only thing that I buy the yard sale is material for my quilting.... in answer to bifocals... I have bifocals and trifocals have had them for years so that would not be of any help I guess it's mainly the cataracts... when I get home I think I will mow the yard has not been done for 3 weeks we've had rain so you know what that means ......my tentative plan is to leave Pennsylvania on September 19th... spend that weekend with my daughter.. see my new great granddaughter.. then on Monday head for Florida.. well that's the plan so far... have a fun filled day and be safe... donna
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:54 am

Morning to all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I have cancelled our IL gtg. Kathleen and I were the only ones who definintely committed to it although I think some others were considering making it a day trip. I think I will shoot for a date possibly next year sometime, will just have to see how it goes. My apologies to anyone who wanted to come. If one of the admins could please change the title on my gtg post to cancelled, I'd appreciate it.

Not much else of note here, my friend's funeral is this afternoon and I have to find something to wear. I am usually in jeans and tshirts and don't get dressed up much as I live a casual life. So it's off to the store for clothes shopping.

Breakfast was bagels and creme cheese and coffee. Help yourself.

Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Irmi » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:44 am

Good morning Sue, Donna, Kathy & everyone!

Sue, so glad to hear you got the awning arm fixed on your trailer.

Donna, it sounds like you're all set for your winter trip and will be heading south real soon. That's great that your eye doctor refunded you for your glasses.

Kathy, it's a shame the IL GTG has been cancelled. I'm still hoping there's something Kathleen can do to get her motorhome back on the road.

Red, how did the house hunting go yesterday?

Soos, it's good seeing you post. I hope you have a chance to fill us in on what's been going on with you.

It started off with fall like weather here in MD this morning and we'll only get into the 70's this afternoon, but warmer weather is on the way for the first of the month. We have relatives visiting from Germany who flew into FL, who visited my sister there. My sister took them to another sister in NC yesterday and on Tuesday, that sister will drive them to Richmond VA, where Steve & I will pick them up and bring them to MD. We don't have a vehicle large enough to comfortably seat 5 adults and the luggage for the three visitors, so we'll be taking the motorhome. They'll be visiting with us and leaving next week Saturday and will fly out of Philly. They are my father's sister, her daughter and granddaughter. The nice thing is that all three speak English! I wish all of you a good day and a happy Labor Day weekend.
Irmi

Postby jwillis54 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:53 am

The rain most of you are getting now passed through here (Wyoming) yesterday. Today the sun is out and fat black and yellow bees are zooming around the hollyhocks! Tango and I are "coffe-ing" outside and enjoying the sun's return!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jane
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby dayspring39 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:12 am

Good Friday Morning to everyone... yes it is raining in Normal!!

I am finding out about life more every day... It is about solving problems and not falling apart in the process... Hanging on by a thread here... but I WILL MAKE IT... Maggie I have a message in to dearmissmermaid... hopefully she will give me some much needed advice... I am awaiting a call from Pontiac RV after that I will call my insurance co... the inside of the MH is in excellent condition... thanks everyone for your kind support...

I too have cancelled my reservation for October and we have cancelled the GTG... there will be another time of this I am sure!

Sue thanks for the breakfast but mine is the old stand by oatmeal... Donna if the cataracts are ready get them removed! I do not need glasses except for reading since my June cataract removal...

Oh Irmi how exciting to have visitors from Germany!! you will have a great time for sure...

The lady that comes in once a week for 3 hours got most of the things from the motor home taken care of... today I will try to get my ducks in a row! Have a great Friday!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Return to Morning Coffee