Thursday Spa Day for me

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday Spa Day for me

Postby carolb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:04 am

G'morning all:)

Yep, sitting in the dentist chair will be another spa day--would love to have the "gas" to go along with it, but I can't afford to lose anymore brain cells, BJ :lol: :lol:

Velda, awaiting your report. Hope it's nothing, as Beth said, maybe stress?? Red, take a cue--don't overwork yourself tending to the house sale & nursing DH! Welcome back Kathleen! So happy you had some happy travels.

I read "the article" :lol: Actually, I'll be glad if people think I'm a poor traveling migrant--may get some handouts along the road :lol: :lol:

Of course it rained overnight! I washed my car yesterday, then hung laundry on the line early evening so it'd get a head start on drying :roll: :lol:

Y'all have a great day, be safe! 8-)
carolb

Re: Thursday Spa Day for me

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 am

Good morning Carolb... and everyone...lol sure hope you have fun at the spa!!!
I don't think I would!... well went to the eye doctor said there was nothing more he could do at this point... will have cataracts checked this winter in Florida... the nurse told me
They had to be in the category of 3 or 4 Whatever that means.. and that mine were a 2
so might have to just mess around with this for another year..... I can see to drive and I can see the read. just need to put the dollar store magnifying glasses on top of mine to read...lol
All during this yard sales staff... I have been putting things I think I want to keep in the kitchen now it is time to go through that one more time.... and pack it up.... so that's what I'm doing today... then I will move it all to the garage... here's to having a fun filled day be sure and stay safe ..donna
ps... the doctor gave me a refund on the new glasses that I can't see out of...
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:48 am

Morning gals,

Carolb, I don't mind going to my dentist, he's the most gentle dentist I've ever gone to. He even does my cleaning, not the technician and my mouth isn't sore when he's done. He even gave me free xrays my first time there when he found out I didn't have dental insurance!

Donna, that's too bad they say they can't do anymore for you. It can be so frustrating not being able to see things without the help of strong lenses. I'm heading that way myself although it's just my vision and not cataracts. I find even with my reading glasses I need a magnifying glass for some of the teeny tiny print.

I took DH's pup in to vet's yesterday as he has developed some odd small bare patches on his head and one or two are little bumps. My other dogs have had mast cell cancers so anytime I find bumps I'm on it pronto. Dr. was as puzzled as I was about what could have caused it; suggested that maybe he got scraped and scratched from putting his head into bushes and one of them was infected so gave us antibi's. Also found out his ears have a yeast infection so meds for that too. It never ends. At least it wasn't mange or ringworm--I was really worried about that.

Quiet day today, I hope we get a spell of days without this blasted rain so my hay man can get my hay in the barn. I need another 300 bales and that's a lot of hay. He can't make it let alone get it to my barn for all the mud and soft ground, the wagon would sink too deep. At least I have enough to tide me over for a few weeks.

Breakfast was Nutella on waffles and coffee. I actually felt like eating today.

Take care,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby jwillis54 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:14 am

Rain, cold, gray blanket sky. Breezy wind is teasing, reminding us she will grow to gale-force soon. Roaring fireplace, hot coffee, soft old comforter. This is early for the first "fireplace fire" of the year. I wonder :shock: er, will winter come early? We had such extreme weather last year, including big September and May snow storms.

The birds find my feeders once again, which were empty while I traveled, but brimming now with seed and peanut butter. I see various backyard birds filling up, perhaps preparing for a long fall flight. Despite the overcast sky, the birds are chirping and flitting around.

Jane
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:34 am

I don't know that I would call a visit to the dentist a spa day. :lol: The gas never did work for me, it just made me throw up. I try not to flinch when they do anything because I don't want them digging any deeper and finding something. I made my boys take such good care of their teeth when they were at home because I had so much trouble as a kid. It makes me sad to see that they have not continued their care. I think they are starting to see what happens when you don't go regularly.

Donna, have you tried bifocals. I started wearing trifocals when I was working and I still wear them because I get along with them the best. I can see far, my computer screen and something close. I still have to get a magnifying glass to read some of the small print. I can see at a distance without my glasses but I got tired of looking for them so wear them all the time. My sister won't wear hers unless she need to read something and has them on a cord around her neck. That would drive me crazy.

We were gong to the lake for the weekend but my sister is going to work so that's out. Probably a good thing. There is about an 80 % chance of rain starting tomorrow. It looks like it wants to rain now.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 am

Good morning everyone. I've not been posting much while at my sister's, but have been keeping up with happenings here. Keeping those who've needed it in my prayers. My sister has improved greatly after her hip fracture, and although still weak, is able to do most things she needs to do. She has aides coming in twice daily to help with BIL's care and they also do laundry (in the cellar) and some housework, so that is good.

I am preparing to get back on the road next week after the holiday weekend. Getting excited, but will travel very slowly southward to Florida. I plan to spend almost a week in western Massachusetts, hiking and exploring some historical sites. Never stopped to do anything in that area before.

I'm envying those going to the KS gtg, but not planning to drive that far west to join them, so will make my own fun in the East.

Hope everyone has a great day full of only good news.
Last edited by Liz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby chalet05 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49 am

Lots of rain here in North Platte yesterday after I commented on great weather. No biggie except for huge puddles so had to put on my rubber shoes.

Carolb, I was so excited for your 'spa day'! I have a very nice dentist in Kansas, but the gal that cleans my teeth makes me crazy with her chatter.

Donna, cataracts can sure be a pain. So far I am lucky, but back in the dark ages, I worked for an ophthalmologist so know about waiting til they are 'ripe'.

Liz snuck in! Glad your sister is doing well and that you will be back on the road. Sure will miss you in KS!

I've mentioned on here a few times about a strained relationship with my older daughter that has relaxed in the last several months. They have a big brewfest at their house which is mostly her husband's extended family - they are a fun bunch. This morning on FB, there were postings for what is a closed group, but I thought she goofed because I could see them. Turns out she added me to the group! Along with the fact that she finally friended me on FB this year, this is a big deal for me! Unfortunately, they picked the weekend of the KS GTG!

My last day in this park :(
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redwahine » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 am

It's only 10 am and I'm exhausted already. Wanted to get outside while it was still tolerable temp wise. Moved all of DHs Xmas decoration collections from the workshop to a storage shed. That's right! They belong to DH. He has 10 of those coffin sized rubber maid containers filled with ceramic decorations. Mickey village, Hallmark village, nut cracker collection. Ceramic reindeer, sleigh & Santa. On and on and on. I've never seen these before and I assumed they would be donated in our attempt to down size. But, OH NO, he's saving it for his kids. I'm just learning what a collector and hoarder he is. He wants to down size, but doesn't have a clue what that means. He keeps saying smaller house, but where ya gonna put all the stuff?? I'm not a collector. I guess because I lived on a 45 ft sail boat for 13 yrs I got in the habit of being very selective about stuff.

Carolb, I want a REAL spa day. I don't like the dentist I have here in TX. I hope to find a nicer new when we move. Donna, I had cataracts and lucky enough to have a doc that decided that mine were bad enough. I paid the extra and had multi focal lenses implanted. It was a very easy procedure. I have worn glasses since I was 7. I'm still in shock that I don't have to find my glasses in the AM. I am so happy since I got my bionic eyes. Anita, I'm so glad your daughter is growing up!! Liz, glad to hear your sis is dong better. Have fun exploring Mass.

Well, I have to get DHs I.v. Meds started, then after that we are headed out to look at 4 houses this afternoon. Y'all uave a fun and safe day.
Redwahine

Return to Morning Coffee