Wednesday again...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday again...

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 am

Good morning everyone ... Going to be a rainy Wednesday here
But warm.... I'm off to the eye doctor again... Maybe the third time will be a charm
Or maybe he will tell me to go away i can't do anything..... After that it will be raining I think So I will start packing up the few things left that I want to take to Florida with me....
Well maybe it's a little more than a few things...lol.... tomorrow is garbage day
and I think it will be the last one for me as I do not want to pay another 4 months.... so I think I will gather everything up that I can find to put out and hope I get it all.... sister and I have been getting together and do some quilt sewing I think from now until the time I leave
I will just help her make her crazy quilt blocks... mine can wait until I get back to Florida... I almost feel lost not having to get ready for a yard sale..lol.... trying to figure out what comes next that has to be done... well I better get at it so have a fun filled day and be safe. Donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Wednesday again...

Postby jwillis54 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:06 am

Back to work today. I am excited....refreshed, rested, and I enjoy my work. Long list of phone calls, and one appointment already. I set alarm for 6 AM, but awoke at 4:30. Now that is just strange! :D

Jane
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby Oma » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 am

Good morning friends,

Hot, hot, hot today. Can't wait until fall arrives. Ready to bake some pumpkin goodies! Second day back to work after my hand surgery. Wish I could drive so I could visit CArol again. Oh well, sometime soon I hope.

Hope everyone's family, two and four legged kind, are doing well.

Stay safe,
Vicki/ Oma
Oma

Postby gingerK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 am

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was a bad one for me, lots of reasons big and small. But it's gone so now I move on to today.

Vicki, glad you feel well enough to get back to work after surgery. Hope you keep feeling better and better.

Jane, I'm glad you are feeling refreshed from your sabbatical. I think I need one now.

Donna, I so hope that your eye dr. can finally get your problem sorted out. It's no fun having to keep on returning to see a dr.

Not much more to report from my part of the country. Also, not much in the way of breakfast; I guess I'm just not hungry today.

Take care all,
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 am

Good Morning all,
Not much going on here I think everyone is just trying to get through this heat that just won't go away. Kathy sure hope today is a better day for you, sending you a big (((((HUG)))). Donna, don't got out to yard sales so you can have another one :lol: Hope the eye doctor can take care of your eye problem. Jane, I always wake up early when I'm excited or anxious, glad your day is starting out well in spite of the early wake up. Vicki I bet CArol also wishes you could come back for a visit, heal quickly and stay cool.
Speaking of CArol...was her secret driver ever revealed?! Inquiring minds want to know :D We need some excitement around here.
I have some eggs cooked with a few slices of tomatoes and toast for breakfast if anyone is hungry.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Oma » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:47 am

CArol's secret driver was revealed. All we can say is it's not Padro ;)
Vicki
Oma

Postby sharon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:02 am

Oma wrote:CArol's secret driver was revealed. All we can say is it's not Padro ;)
Vicki

It was?? When? And who?? Dang, I miss all the good stuff! :D
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Redwahine » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 am

Good morning everyone. Happy "hump" day. I've been up for a while cleaning up a big mess. Am trying to stage the house to list for sale while looking for that perfect "down sizing" house with room for RED. Meanwhile my nursing duties continue for DH for another 3 weeks. Hoping that will stop the I.V.s and then waiting period before new knee. The weather is hot here. Am waiting till it drops a bit before I tackle the sorting and organizing the barn. Hope everyone has a great day.
Redwahine

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 am

Good Morning Ladies !!! I'm in Fl and Maggie and I, are setting outside (in the shade) and its almost ten !!! Now, that's big headlines :lol: Yes, Vicki, I'm sure to be here any time or almost :D Few days before the 23rd of Sept will go north of Orlando for Dr app. Not sure how long I'll be there before coming back here. Depends what I find out . I'd love to visit again . Wondering how your typing with your hand ???

Oh Donna sooo happy for you that yard sales all done and stuff is gone !! Has to be a wonderful relief. Kathy so sorry, you had such a bad day, hoping today is a better one.

I read the article Sarah posted in "General" and gosh you all , I didn't realize we were all so destitute. Poor Beth,who has been wandering the country forever, I could name so many, who put up such a Brave front for the rest of us. Possibly to help us keep our chin up and plugging along !! Talk about fair media ??!!!
What a crock of crap !! I know of some who are as her article mentioned, and I think they would even be insulted how she wrote. I've met proud people who had a touch of bad luck, but wouldnt be put down about it. There are always those who want something for nothing and late in life realized they played to much when younger and now can't live as they believe they have a right too. There are multiple sides to this topic, to bad she decided to write a sensational article and put us all in the same basket. Those who chose this lifestyle to get back on their feet, after a rough spot, probably resent it more then any of us do . Better get off this soap box :lol: That poor lady has no idea of her subject at all !!!!!!!!

Well guess I've spouted off enough, any of you poor ladies our there traveling our country and seeing all the wonderful sights it has to offer, if you need a meal, just knock on my door, :D

Stay Safe, whatever and wherever you are,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 am

Need to come visit, Sharon, that's how Vicki and Dawn found out :D I may give in one day and say , but I don't have anything better to do so will just tease awhile longer. I must add all my requirements have been met, BUT one !!, :lol:

Have a lovely day !!
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 am

Good Morning from Norma finally... I just read the other posts for today and all I can say is daaaaaa I am lost... have not a clue what everyone is talking about and no time to read back to see...
Must get the Motor Home unloaded like now... it is suppose to rain and that would ruin the inside of my MH....
Coffee and raisin toast with peanut butter... oatmeal is in motor home....
Later my friends keep smiling...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby MandysMom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:53 pm

I'm on here catching up on what all you are up to. Sending good wishes, thoughts and prayers where needed. I've been off a few days.
I could make the subject, "I got bored OR be careful what you wish for". As many of you know, I've spent the past year and a half caring for hubby through a mouth cancer and now he faces prostate cancer. Been stressful to say the least. Over the past couple of weeks ive been more tired than usual, nothing specific. And hubby says he noticed I was breathing harder after simple stuff like a quick trip to basement freezer. Last Monday so now 9 days ago now, I woke with shortness of breath with just any little activity. I treated it as asthma as I have for years. Did not get better but I had a scheduled appointment with allergy/asthma dr for Friday. By Thursday I was worse, panicky over shortness of breath and a shower left my heart pounding. Called my internist but they could not see me until Friday but said go to ER or urgent care if worse. Thought about it a few min and said to hubby, take me to urgent care at our hospital. They did a ECG and walked me to ER as they said I had subtle changes on ECG. (No chest pain ever.) ER got busy and through afternoon and night total of 3 ECG s , much blood work, and a echocardiogram. Oh and many drugs as BP shot through the roof. Kept me on telemetry overnight. No real conclusions yet but my doctor came in Friday morning and said I could go home and get better rest since my cardiac enzymes were normal and only other thing they found was very low magnesium level which they treated with iv magnesium. I have an appointment Friday at my doctor to figure out what is going on. I got my wished for break in that he told me to rest until I see him. Hubby has been cooking. What a way to get a break. Still tired. Still get a little short of breath and pounding heart when walk to kitchen but not as bad. Let you all know what I learn Friday. But guess I won't be camping soon! It's all very frustrating because I've been going to curves 3 times a week and two and a half weeks ago on a Monday had walked 25 min on treadmill with no trouble at all.
I will keep up with you all but only virtual camping for me for now. Shucks.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby chalet05 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Ye gads, Velda! Take care of yourself and we'll be awaiting further news!

I am going to hate to leave this park in North Platte on Friday - it is just too peaceful! I am such a loner for the most part! Not one person around here cared that I didn't crawl out of bed until 10 a.m.!! That is really late even for me, but at least no one to give me cr** about it.

The weather has been so pleasant with a nightly rain shower - thunder and lightening at times. No a/c, just a fan.

That said, I am looking forward to moving on Friday toward 3 grandchildren and then the KS GTG!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Velds, I agree that is no way to get a break. I hope it is just an imbalance of meds or side affects of stuff they can make go away easily.

Anita, you can camp with me anytime. I may be up at 5 to let the dogs out quickly but that is only so I can go back to bed and not feel guilty of neglecting their bladders.....Night are for reading.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Anita, I love being able to go to bed and get up on my time - no alarms, etc.

Velda, take care of YOU. And I hope they can find the problem. Is there any chance that all this care-taking has simply taken a toll on you and your body is reacting? Kind of like panic attacks? Not saying I want that to be it, either, but sure would be better than heart or lungs, etc. Relax and take care of you right now. You deserve and need this break.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Morning Coffee