Saturday Morning in Copper Harbor, MI

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Saturday Morning in Copper Harbor, MI

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Just a quick update on Nicky;
He's been home from surgery for about 24 hours now.
Had to hand feed him a few bites of food this morning but he ate a little on his own tonight (about 1/2 normal amount). He refused water last night and all day today.
Got him to lap about 1/4 cup lower sodium chicken broth mid afternoon. And finally a 1/4 cup water around 6:00PM.
Still not moving much but seems to be doing a little better at it. Spine not so twisted looking and hips up a bit higher, even wagged tail a couple of times.
He gets a pain pill every 12 hours; had one a little while ago and is currently sleeping or at least resting.
Thank you for all the good wishes.
Hopefully both of us will sleep better tonight.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Saturday Morning in Copper Harbor, MI

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Sarah, will be thinking about and sending fur prayers for Nicki. Hope the results come back good.

The forecast for the past 3 days was for temps near 90+ with high humidity and storms. Wrong! Only in high 70's, and cloudy skies. High dew points but not unbearable with the lower temps. It was actually very nice out today! Lots of my customers avoided going to the State Fair this weekend (as I did) because of the forecast. I plan to go next Friday instead. Supposed to be cool and dry then. We'll see...

Had a couple of coupons for JC Penney that were about to expire, so I went there after work today. Bought 2 tops and 2 bras for a total of $37, saving a total of $80 :shock: after all the discounts from the coupons, the sale prices and the 20% off using my JCP card! Nice savings! So I actually bought one bra, and got another bra and 2 tops for free :D ! I like deals like that!

Ava, glad you didn't get hit with any flooding where you are. It looked really bad in places just north of Phoenix. Sorry to hear about your friends place. Who gets flood insurance living in the desert?
We went from flooding here in May and June, to now near drought conditions with barely any rain since then. All or nothing!

Time for bed. Seems I just don't get on here until bedtime lately. Been working a lot of early shifts at work so don't get a chance to get on here in the mornings. We should call this "Morning Coffee & Happy Hour" :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee