Tuesday where's Lori?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday where's Lori?

Postby carolb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 am

G'morning all :)

Okay, Lori, I'm missing your breakfasts, but also finding it overwhelming to open MC each morning :lol: Just kidding of course--the "hardest" part is coming up with a topic heading :roll: :lol:

Wow, just a month til KC gtg! I've finally posted that I'm not going to be there :( I'm sure it'll be such a great time & hate to miss it...

Oh, Red, you do have your hands full with DH. Any idea when he'll get a new knee? Your house/yard is lovely! Should be a no-brainer for a buyer. Hope the "market" is kind to you:) BJ, hooray for the peace & puppy-play that has descended upon your household! Guess you'll be enjoying the KC gtg same as me, eh? I see you had to cancel...& yes, I probably am working too hard :lol: Getting the foundation & "sky" prepped for the garage installation--trimming some pretty good size tree branches today--with bro's help of course:)
Then continuing to move some sod around the yard. Crazy project :roll:

Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Tuesday where's Lori?

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:36 am

Mornin' Carol & all that follow~~~

Aw you're doing a good job with opening MC, but I too am missing Lori's suggestions for breakfast (not that I cook a bunch :P )

Red - glad to see you back posting and am sorry about the DH issues and the loss of Tyler. Sending you ((hugs)).

Wish I could go to KS GTG, but think it's too far for a 1 nite stay over :( but am shooting for at least 1 night for IL GTG with Kathy & Kathleen (come out come out where ever you are :lol: ), then maybe do trip for the week down the Mississippi a bit and over to Shawnee National Forest (we'll see can't quite make up my mind yet).

Started reading an article yesterday about hauling up or down 10% or more grades or driving a MH. Got me a little worried about brake fires and other horror stories they mentioned. Definitely makes me want to take driving lessons when ever I buy something but there aren't any mountains in IL.

Have a good day everyone and if on the road be safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Irmi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:56 am

Good morning Carol, Cheryl & everyone!

Carol, you're going to love your new garage and being able to keep your car & riding lawnmower inside. Like you, I would love to go to the KS GTG, but that's too early in the year to drive halfway across country when we won't be leaving for FL until the end of October or so plus trying to keep our finances in check. Cheryl, you'll have a great time at the IL GTG!

We started off in the low 70's this morning and we'll get into the low to mid 80's this afternoon with a chance of thundershowers later in the day. We heard geese flying over yesterday, although we didn't see them, and last week there were a few geese that flew over the house. Is this the sign of an early winter? The posion ivy I had is finally clearing up. Steve was clearing out the back edge of our yard and I was supervising while he was mowing down the poison ivy and that was all it took.

Coffee, cereal, and grapes are on the counter, so please help yourselves. Have a good day everyone!
Irmi

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:09 am

Good morning.

Had a restless night - worried about Nicky's surgery, I think. Was getting ready to take him in when vets office called. Vet is sick and surgery rescheduled for Friday. Now we have to go thru this again. At least I can give him some water now - he thinks somebody took his water bowl. Now I have to re-scramble plans for the week

I did get up to TN and close my antique business there last Saturday. Put about half of the stuff in another mall yesterday. Other half will go out later this week, I hope.

If the weather cooperates, will get some of the routine service work done on Magic later today. Manager at Ditto recommended a shop out of Decatur that comes to campground to do the work. Their labor rate is $85.00/hour as opposed to the $125.00/hour the local place charges and they don't make "house calls".

Niece gets her last chemo treatment this week. No date yet for starting radiation but there will be a break before it starts.

Starting Friday our temps will go back to near 100 for 4 or 5 days with heat index forecast to be between 105 and 110. I do not function well in extreme weather these days so not looking forward to it. News mentioned that we are already loosing 2 minutes of daylight per day. One big plus of summer for me is the longer hours of daylight.

wishing all a good day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:45 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Sarah I somehow, somewhere missed why Nicky has to have surgery. I am so far behind I may never catch everyone's news, gosh :roll:

This morning I finally cranked my RV up, hasn't run since the day it was parked here. Always thought of it while at my DD's, when I was here, brain never worked :D It cranked right up, always surprises me how nicely it cranks and this morning really pleased me too,beings I've neglected my routine. Have gen running now, 2nd time since I've been here, that's not good at all !! Getting excited about making my trip, even though I won't be driving.

I must remember to cancel my site at KS GTG today, like a kid wanted to attend that one sooo bad I kept putting off giving my site up. So many from the west coast going I've never met and those I have would love to see them again. Plus I loved my site, right on the water, crap !! Dr app the 23rd of Sept so praying something good comes from that.

Carolb, you are one busy person !! :D Irmi, poison ivy clearing up ??. Hope so, on your face had to be bad. Sue, sure wishing I could tag along on your trip. I was offered a job in MI, working this past summer at a lighthouse, and free site on the lake, It was volunteer, so any amount of time I wanted to give, lovely people. Still have papers to fill out , probably won't throw them yet ;)

Time to move, wishing you all a good day, those on the road, enjoy and be safe
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Redetotry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 am

Good Morning, We are supposed to get the hot humid weather starting tomorrow too Sarah. Guess I shouldn't complain because so far, this has been the coolest summer I can remember. I'm sorry Nicky is going to have surgery. I always hate to take the water away from them too, our vet lets the older dogs have water just no food when they have there teeth cleaned.

Cheryl, I'm planning on the IL GTG, maybe we can head back this way together, I live very close to the Shawnee Forest, like about 15 minutes to Giant City State Park, it is at the bottom of this link.
http://southernmostillinois.com/things- ... ecreation/ Oh and be sure to check out the little retro trailer I posted in General Talk.

Carolb, the new blossoming friendship between Toby and Mitzi is a missed blessing, they bark the whole time they are playing. ACK
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 am

Good Morning from Cody, Wyoming!!

Carolb, if topic heading escapes you, day and date work very well for those of who never know what day and date it is! :lol: I got so used to you starting MC without your 'u'!

Brenda, we had lug nuts shear off on 5er when DH was still alive. When on my own, I bought a torque wrench because shearing off probably means they they were torqued to tight. Had someone just had the wheels off your rig? We topped off that experience with someone t-boning our truck in the campground while waiting for new wheel to be delivered.

Chris, nice to see you back here! Always enjoy seeing on FB when you have had company or gotten away for a few days.

I drove through Yellowstone Sunday - west to east and then turned around to go out northeast entrance. Yesterday I drove the Beartooth Highway. That has to be one of the prettiest drives in the country. It is not for anyone who doesn't like mountain driving, hair pin curves or narrow roads (in places). Today will be Buffalo Bill Museum.

LeRoy is in Fairbanks and man told him that someone stole his Honda generator while it was running! He was camped at Pioneer Park and had it locked with chain to his rig!

Everyone have a great day!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am

Red, good to see your posts again. Sorry you lost Tyler. Trying to sell a house with all you have going on is a lot of work. Hope everything works out.

I got back yesterday from 6 days in Alabama. We lucked out and it wasn't as hot as it was here in Louisiana. We stayed at a KOA which had dirt or gravel sites. There was a nice pool and the best part was the big shade trees. We only had one meal outside and there was a big fly problem. After we ate we had a fly killing contest. :lol: We didn't know when we decided to go that there was a free Kenny Chesney concert on the beach Saturday at the Flora-Bama. The Flora-Bama is a big bar that has been there for years. I have been to Gulf Shores before but I had never heard of the Flora-Bama. Guess we didn't go far enough East to see it. Probably a good thing or 20 years ago we would have been there. :roll:

There was a group with motorcycles at the campground that came in for the concert. They had the cutest little tent trailers. They even put the small air conditioners in the tent wall. They had friends with vehicles that carried the ice chests and air conditioners. They left early Saturday and didn't get back until almost dark and they were cooked. One of the ladies came and showed us pictures. There were 40,000 people there. They said they couldn't understand anything that was sang or said from the stage. You couldn't have paid me to go to something like that. They had the beach area fenced so they couldn't just come and go.

We checked out the Alabama Gulf State park which is just West of Orange Beach. It looks like a really nice park. In the winter they have monthly rates and when your month is up you can move to another site and stay another month. The man we talked to said they are really busy when the snow birds come down.

The cats were all glad to see me. Pinky, the 17 lb Maine Coon, put her front feet on the arm of my chair and gave me her pleading look. The food bowl was almost empty and I'm sure she thought she would starve. :roll:

I wish I could go to the Kansas GTG but it's just too far for me. I have a week trip planned the first of November and I can just get away with so many long trips.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby gingerK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 am

Good morning gals,

If I were to name this morning's MC, it would have been "Poopy Tuesday", because that's what I woke up to. Lovely mess in the corner of my living room on the carpeting (of course!). So before I even had my coffee it was scrape up and clean up! The joys of having dogs! At least I know it wasn't the puppy as he's crated at night. And because I "found" it with my foot, I had to get out the carpet shampooer and do a large area that I accidently walked in before I realized it was poop.

I'm sorry to see that some are cancelling reservations to Kansas, I had hoped to meet all of you there. On the other hand, it seems as if we are gaining in attendance at our lil' IL gtg so that is a plus! Kathleen will be so very pleased as am I. I think she's still out of range, computer-wise, so that might account for her lack of participation on MC.

BJ, better the pups are play barking than trying to kill each other!

Irmi, I think I heard about using Dawn dish soap on poison ivy, something about removing the oils and helping to dry it up? You might want to google it.

Chris, so sorry about all you're going thru and losing Tyler on top of it.

CArol, great that your RV cranked right up. I hate it when things go wrong and you have to get it fixed.

Sarah, glad your niece is getting done with her chemo. And only $85 for a service call to your rv would have been heavenly when I was dealing with my recent refrig/converter/fuse problems. I tried to find someone but apparently there isn't anybody who does "house calls" here in northern IL.

Not much breakfast here but I did have coffee. Slim pickings today. Stay safe everyone.
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09 am

CArol, Nicky has teeth cleaned last week and while at vet she discovered a growth about the size of my long thumb nail on a pad of back foot. Says it needs to come off and sent to lab for analysis. No way of knowing if or how serious the problem is without lab work and she could not tell whether or not the entire pad might have to be removed - depends on how deep the growth goes. Needless to say, I am probably overlay concerned about it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby gingerK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 am

Sarah, anytime one of mine has a lump or bump I'm straight to my vet's office. But two of my dogs have a history of skin cancers, so I'm overcautious.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 am

Good morning everyone... well not much of the morning left now
but since it was not raining... I wanted to make hay while the Sun shines
as they say... drug some stuff out of the garage and basement for yard sale
so this afternoon I'm not sure what I'll do if it rains... and now I just looked up and my battery is about to go out on my phone... so this will be the end of this post...
I did break down and make a blog post last night... today I will check my data and see how much I used from Verizon on my computer you know that's Jetpack problem some of us have been having.. well got to go... have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby jwillis54 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:06 pm

I drove out to a nearby reservoir last night to squeeze in a bit more camping before my sabbatical ends. My morning stated with some beautiful sights.

I see that wild sunflowers bloom in my home terrain, the ultimate sign that summer will give way to fall. This morning I see a multitude of small birds and 4 great blue herons who must be passing through. I also see two magnificent hawks who I will identity later, when I can dig out my bird ID books. An occasional flowering shrub interrupts the endless expanse buckskin-colored hills. “My” small herd of deer that live nearby are grazing.

Alas, I am back in town now! But it was a great start to the day. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:51 pm

When I get a chance, I am going to post more on campgrounds in the Olympic Peninsula. I was really lucky in finding this one at Pacific Beach. I make these reservations many months in advance and do so based on reviews and looking at Google maps, plus location along my planned route. Then, of course, I forget what I reserved, so it is always a surprise when I get somewhere, :o Could be a good or a bad surprise!

This state park literally overlooks the ocean. There are dunes, but in the right sites, you do get a view. Only problem is all the fog, but I guess that is better than the rain my son and family had last year in Kalalock. They could not see a thing and left a day early after spending two long days cooped up.

Cold and foggy again, so am trying again to go for a bike ride. Chickened out yesterday in wind and cold. I slept in until 10:30 am this morning because I was up for my usual several hours during the night. I might take half of a sleeping pill tonight to get myself on track. Hate not sleeping at night.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby brendac » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Good afternoon ladies. Mid afternoon is as good as any to come to MC.

These days my mornings are spent dealing with insurance company and repair shop. :(

Anita, yes I had just had the bearings repacked and brakes checked and adjusted. Thank goodness I had that done because that was the first question I was asked. I figured they were trying to see if regular maintenance had been done on the trailer.

I am trying to light a fire under the repair guys so that I can be back on the road on the 25th.

It's time to get going. Have a great day.
Brenda
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Next

Return to Morning Coffee