Sunny Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Saturday

Postby carolb » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:29 am

G'morning all :)

Wow, after almost an entire week of rain, some sun today! It's been so wet, I haven't even picked up the doggie-do all week :roll: :lol:

"Olive Oil," I have a class B--Roadtrek 170, which means it's only 17ft. I absolutely love it! I share it with my three dogs, but don't know how it would work for two people. A friend has the 21ft which she shared with her husband. Those are the only I'm familiar with, but I've also seen (from the outside) some pretty cool class B+ rvs that look like they'd have more room. What a shame you have to sell your class C due to re-roofing :( Hope you're reading this--I'm glad Beth explained your vision problem. "Newbies" (including me) wouldn't know this, & I'm sure no one meant to be unkind--we just didn't know :oops: I was without a "u" key for 'qwite" a while, & those that didn't know that, of "coarse," "thoght" I was "jest stewpid!" :lol: Try writing a simple message "withowt" having a "u" key! :roll:

So I finally get to mow the lawn today, & hopefully the poop will be dry enough to get off the lawn first :lol:

Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Sunny Saturday

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:24 am

Good morning Carolb... and everyone else... cool here this morning
rain coming all next week bummer... I need nice weather for neighborhood yard sale!
hallelujah... finished scrubbing and painting walls in living room yesterday... and that ladies
is the end of my major projects for this house!!!... my son has to do something with the garage roof
now only to get all my stuff out of the house... scrub the rugs.. and do a little landscaping
whatever I can get done before I leave.... I am so happy you have no idea what a relief..
I thank God that he gave me the ability to get this project finished!!! I'm not doing too good
with my new glasses.... I sure wish I knew if it was the cataracts or what.... on top of that I misplaced my old glasses... anyway today since it's still going to be nice I think I won't work on getting yard sale stuff out of the garage... so all for now have a fun filled day and be safe
donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Irmi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:43 am

Good morning Carolb, Donna & everyone!

Carol, I remember when your u quit working and I thought it was amazing the way you were still able to type your post in such a way that we always knew exactly what you were saying.

Donna, take your glasses back to wherever you bought them and find out what the problem is. Hopefully it'll be something they can fix for you.

Olive Oil, it's such a shame you have to sell your motorhome. Hopefully you'll find something else that will work for you. I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way.

The weather has been in the low 80's with a mild breeze the past couple days but it's supposed to start feeling more like summer weather for the next few days. I have a severe case of poison ivy which has been keeping me up for hours at a time during the nights because of the intense itch, but I think I'm on the downhill slide, as my face and eyes aren't quite as puffy. Fortunately I don't have to play in church tomorrow, so I think I'll skip church completely and hope this mess dries up. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 am

Good morning ladies!
Am off to work here soon but thought I would pop in here for a minute!

Irmi, so sorry about your poison ivy! Is it just on your face? How did you get that there? Ouch!

I posted about my camping trip on "Campfire" last night. Had a nice time. :D

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:52 am

Good Morning !, So sorry to hear about your poison Ivy Irmi !!, on your face, that has to be terrible. I've went to church with my arms covered in calamine lotion and with poison ivy , no one really wants to touch you.

Donna, soooo glad to see you're almost done, what a lot of work you've done there !!, yes, do go check out those glasses, mistakes have been made on prescriptions. Something's wrong, if prescription is right, short time after putting them on, you should have been seeing better.

Hope you all enjoy your day, on the road Safe travels,

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:56 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your day of sunshine that I sent east for you. In turn, I am having a day of rain :lol:

Irmi, how in the world did you contract with the poison ivy? No fun there at all. Hope it dries up for you soon, so you can get some sleep. Carolb, hope you get your grass cut today. I did mine the other day, as well as neighbors, so now it's soaking up the nice rain again. Donna, I can just feel your relief on getting the inside of the house done. I spent all last winter repainting in here as well so I could put house on marked possible this year, which so far hasn't happened, but at least it's ready. Nice to be done with it all.

Farmer's market day this morning, one quick trip to store and Lowe's then home and do a little house cleaning. Making some spaghetti sauce to take on my trip this week and might make some chili too, but not sure on that. Also want to cook some pork loin in slow cooker, so I have some pork for supper one night. Not BBQ this time though. Making a few plan ahead meals so I dn't have to fuss much while I am parked. Hope to BBQ some too, if weather cooperates. Did clean the inside of trailer yesterday, so that's all set. Will load tomorrow and then head out on Monday.

Sure do hope OliveOil sees our posts and comes back here. I did one on MC from yesterday too to her. And yes, Carolb, I too remember when you lost your "u". You were so creative in doing your posts.

Well, I'm just chatting here, so will get off and get moving. You all have a nice day, enjoy the sun if you have it, keep dry if you don't and enjoy travels if on the road.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 am

Good Morning
Another beautiful day but the heat and humidity are coming back with rain forecast for tomorrow. Glad I got the storage bay work done when it was a bit more pleasant out (posted photo late last night in rig section).
Niece is down to only one more chemo treatment and that will be next week. She will have a break before starting radiation. Next month will be a year since this nightmare started. Fortunately she is a real fighter and in spite of several setbacks, is holding her own. Cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of her older sister as she really stepped up to helping take care of her sister.
I've decided to close one of my antique mall booths - actually I just have a very large showcase at that location. Its a long drive to it and I'm not maintaining it as I should. Time to do some more consolidation and get things back where I can manage them better. That will occupy most of my day.
Has anyone heard from Kathleen? Assume she might still be traveling in MI and is without Internet.
Hope you have something fun planned for your day.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:26 am

Just wanted to say about my glasses.... they were sent back once already
and I've had two weeks out exams... all this in two weeks... I'm going back Monday and see what he says
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:29 am

good morning :D
what a busy stressful week I had, it started out ok but each day developed more and more problems I was absolutely
ready for a little wine last night.
My stitches came out but unfortunately I'll have to do more surgery, the surgery doctor is going over the lab reports
and they will call me to make an appt. Apparently they have to go over the records first, :roll: so.......don't know
when that will get done, in the meantime the cancer is growing in my arm :o
Refrigerator going on the fritz....stuff started thawing out middle of the week, cooked the steaks Thursday night,
plans to put in the roast in the crockpot but can't find that. It must still be packed in the shed. Anyway, the steaks
were terrible, real gamey and tough. The meat came from son in laws mothers ranch up in Showlow but I don't know
what they feed, do know no chemicals but I'm just so used to beef being grass fed like back in Colorado. Anyway, I
threw the roast and hamburger meat away and maggie has been enjoying a little steak. (the cat too) For some reason
I'm imagining their cattle feed on cactus and sage. :lol: (Maybe it was a very old steer)
The last two times the refrigerator did this, it was the batteries low on water. So went out and checked, sure enough,
dry cells. I do have new batteries on my list of things to get but haven't done it yet. Luckily I had a gallon of distilled
water in the shed, so now that the fridge is cleaned out and aired out, I will turn it back on today and cross my fingers
that it is ok.
The new kid they tried to put on my bus.... :oops: :cry: :o apparently something I said in my conversation to the parent
made her feel "small" and she was on the phone to my supervisor. Don't know what it was, I lost alot of sleep that night
trying to go over in my mind everything I said during that conversation. Supervisor said I wasn't in trouble, but somehow
I still feel like I was. Still thinking it could have been when I was trying to find out how big his motorized chair was so
I would know how many seats to have removed to make room for the chair cause I already had two on my bus.
Apparently the kid is a very LARGE boy and I'm wondering if that part of the conversation just didn't go right. So I feel
bad I might have unintentionally insulted the parent. Anyway, the bottom line is he won't be on my bus and parent will
transport, and eventually I will get over it and it will be history. But for now, I still feel bad.
Well, I better get my dishes done, still need to wash up my george forman from thursday night, and of course there is
laundry to wash. Ya'll have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:20 am

Ava, please don't beat yourself up, but I know how hard that is. I've said things that were taken wrong - never did figure out what ticked my sister off years ago.

Donna, not sure what your problem is with glasses, but I did have a pair that took me a bit to get used to. Still a good idea to go back tho.

Irmi, I've never experienced poison ivy (knock on wood), so can't imagine how awful it must be!

Carolb, even though you usually started morning coffee, I was never awake enough to remember before I started reading that you had lost your 'u'. Took me a sentence or two to put the brain in gear!

Sarah, what a long haul your niece has had.

I wondered about the large caps in Olive's post, too. Sorry Olive took the comments wrong because we had no way of knowing about her eyesight. I even went back and read some of her old posts which weren't in caps.

After my day of nothing yesterday, I'll finish my grocery shopping this morning and head toward West Yellowstone. Hoping I can find a Laundromat with a large enough parking lot along the way!

Have a good day everyone!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:57 am

Kathleen is currently unable to get on the forum.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:40 pm

chalet05 wrote:After my day of nothing yesterday, I'll finish my grocery shopping this morning and head toward West Yellowstone. Hoping I can find a Laundromat with a large enough parking lot along the way!

Have a good day everyone!

Well, if you didn't have such a big a$$ rv you might be able to find a parking lot you can get in and out of!! :lol: :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby chalet05 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:57 am

Sharon :lol:
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee