Sunny Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Sunny Friday

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 am

You gals sure messed up on here !!! I really like Oliveoil (Sonda) and have missed her, and it sounds like she's really been hurt. She's been gone so long as I read her post I was so glad to see she was posting again. THEN !!! I couldn't believe, didn't want too. She was one of my favorite people on here years ago, her illness is not a fun problem to live with and we can all eventually have something to deal with that makes it hard to participate. Right now I know this first hand !!!

I also learned as I have thought to do several times NOT to use caps BUT you know what I just may have to anyway, my eyesight right now in very bad and writing on the IPad I can't really see it, can't enlarge the print as I can to read it.

I don't think any of you intentionally wanted to hurt a kind soul, Just as I don't intend this to hurt anyone, but to maybe help you realize some of us are dealing with hardships to participate here and for me it's my only real way to be a part of any travels, conversations, teasing, friendships, all that goes on here.

I feel sad this morning,
CArol :(
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:43 am

Sonda, please don't leave this forum. the only reason a remark was made about all the caps is cause nobody was aware other than Beth of your eye problems. Caps are usually taken as shouting when one posts on the web, but in your case, you have no choice. Now that we are aware of it, just keep right on doing it. We would love to hear how things go for you and hope you can get your C sold and get a B. Sorry you have such allergies and it has caused you health issues.

I have friend who was cleaning used RV's for a dealer near here and one of the reasons they asked her to do it was cause they know of all her health issues as far as allergies and so forth and the fact she uses homeopathathics. She cleans using non chemical cleaners and the new buyers appreciate that especially the one who have sever allergies. So you are not alone out there.

So please come back and not take any comments as insulting. It's mosty curiosity as many times the written word can be taken wrong. Have a wonderful day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:20 am

Interesting to read about MCS.
Here is one article if anyone is interested.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/multiple-chemical-sensitivity

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:24 am

Beth, remove me from being a forum moderator. I'd hate for anyone to associate an insensitive bitch with this forum.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:48 am

I know I should keep out of this but good grief!! Amazing how our perceptions vary, my take on this was feeling that we as a forum were being used. Someone who hasn't posted in years, comes back and posts an advertisement, gets their feelings hurt and then says she left the forum because before because she didn't like us. So makes me wonder, who is insensitive?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Have spent most of my life being with folks that have disabities, iis the invisible ones are the hardest. Whether it is RA or deafness or whatever, parents and individuals work to educate the uninformed. Most folks on this forum wouldn't have any reason to suspect a specific reason for the all caps...and so folks inquired. We are not insensitive clods, we respond well to clarification and explanation. As has been mentioned more than once....written conversations don't always fully translate without our tone and body language included. Seeking clarification is always a good choice for everyone.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Redetotry wrote:I know I should keep out of this but good grief!! Amazing how our perceptions vary, my take on this was feeling that we as a forum were being used. Someone who hasn't posted in years, comes back and posts an advertisement, gets their feelings hurt and then says she left the forum because before because she didn't like us. So makes me wonder, who is insensitive?

I agree with you BJ. Especially since the first response was ASKING if the caps were for a vision problem. I detected no malice from that post. Maybe Olive Oil could have started her post with an explanation for the caps since she has been off the forum for quite awhile. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby sharon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:00 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Have spent most of my life being with folks that have disabities, iis the invisible ones are the hardest. Whether it is RA or deafness or whatever, parents and individuals work to educate the uninformed. Most folks on this forum wouldn't have any reason to suspect a specific reason for the all caps...and so folks inquired. We are not insensitive clods, we respond well to clarification and explanation. As has been mentioned more than once....written conversations don't always fully translate without our tone and body language included. Seeking clarification is always a good choice for everyone.

Well said and I do believe we have had this problem with her before. It was suggested that she increase the size of her type on her computer...good idea also. Vickie, you're a dufus, not an insensitive clod. Big difference. Frankly I have trouble reading all caps...it looks like a jumbled mess to me...guess it's that right brain left brain thing, or heaven forbid, I'm joining the ranks of the dufus'... :o
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah, like we all know just how insensitive, uncaring, and unhelpful The Doofus is with disabled people...

Overreaction is an understatement. I've come up with a new emoticon for "uber-sensitive"...(to be read as "Question/Smiley)"...... ? :mrgreen:

Listen, we all have issues with which we are dealing, some of them serious. I lost my best friend of 40 years to a brain aneurysm, lost my husband, and lost my boobs to cancer - all within less than 4 years. Does the pain of loss ever overwhelm me? Hell, yes, it does. I cry A LOT - aching, physically hurting cry. Do you people know about that? No. Do most people know about that? No. A select few are sadly "blessed" to share my pain with me. Even those poor souls don't know the times a handful of pills sounded quite delightful.

So, people - grow a pair. Don't read malice in every word. To me, that's just having a really bad attitude.
mitch5252

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 pm

actually, Betty White used to say instead of growing a pair, grow a vagina cause those things take a pounding! :lol: gotta love Betty White
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Olive6001 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:07 pm

I love the smell of passive aggressive bs in the morning. :lol: :lol: It was a sincere question. Vicki was laughing at me, not Oliveoil. I wonder how many times Oliveoil's stormed off because someone asked about the caps. No regrets, no apologies. And no more drama. She's gotten as much of my attention with the histrionics as she's gonna.
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:05 pm

I hope she didn't take offense to my comment! :o I meant it to defend her. I know she uses caps from previous posts and it doesn't bother me. I can also tell she is a very vivacious lady from what she writes and it is always fun to read.

It is easy to misunderstand what people are meaning with just their words. No facial expressions, no inflexion in the voice to hear. I have a dry sense of humor that has occasionally been taken wrong on line (even in person), so I know how easily that can happen.

So sorry this happened... :(
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Azusateach » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:30 pm

The internet has a culture all its own. And with that culture there are norms. One of those norms is to not type in caps unless you're trying to convey a strong emotion. OO didn't explain why she typed in caps, and because she's been away for so long there are people who had no idea what was going on. In saying that, I don't know if she ever explained why she types in all caps ... The other "signature" to her typing is using an abundance of exclamation points (no opinion here -- just the facts). Couple that with the caps, and it could easily be assumed that she was yelling at the top of her lungs, according to internet culture and norms.

The easiest thing OO could have done was reintroduce herself after her long absence. She didn't. As a result, feelings were hurt. She had the expectation that we'd somehow know why she types like she does, and we had the expectation not to be yelled at (according to internet norms). The person who asked if she had a vision problem began a conversation that could have led to an opportunity to educate the rest of us on her health issue(s). She didn't choose to do that.

When someone is acting in a counter-culture way, they have to be prepared to be met with varying opinions and reactions. I'm sorry that OO wasn't.

As an aside, she posted about the sale of her rig on the MC thread. If she really wanted to discuss its sale, why didn't she start a new thread specifically about that? Just asking ...

Laura
Azusateach

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm

There is no way any of us could have known what might be going on, still conflicting info. Since she joined in 2008, she has had 323 posts, I looked at all 23 pages, yesterday was the first time she ever typed in all caps, but hey, whatever, we're evil.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:41 pm

VickieP wrote:...but hey, whatever, we're evil.

You are, that's for sure.
But we all knew that.
mitch5252

PreviousNext

Return to Morning Coffee