Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday

Postby Oma » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:42 am

Good morning friends.

Catching up since I missed a day or two. Signs of fall? Please come to Florida if you still want summer weather. We have a lot of it left here. Haven't seen any thing that looks like Fall. Send cool weather this way please :D

Not moving very fast today and I have to leave for work in less than an hour. I like my job but am starting to get the retirement itch. Big Sigh :roll:

Having yogurt for breakfast but can offer pancakes, eggs and bacon also.

Hoping everyone has a blessed day. Praying for those with health issues.

Oma Vicki
Oma

Re: Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:04 am

Good Morning Vicki,

Know what you mean about getting the retirement bug. Did that two years ago and haven't regretted it since. Thanks for breakfast this morning. I had a bowl of cereal and blueberries already though :)

Well, found out yesterday that RV dealer can't locate parts for the awning on my trailer. Said they nave never seen that type of awning bracket, so must be one that KZ was using and maybe not anymore. So suggested I turn it in to insurance company and we are either going to replace the awning arms or the entire awning and start over. So claim has been filed and will see where we go from here. Am brining it home today so I can hit the road next week while they order what's necessary, then will take it back when I get home.

Busy day here yesterday with blood work for annual physical done, trip to Farmer's Market, breakfast afterward, stopped by RV dealer, but fella in charge of the repairs wasn't in at the moment, came home, took Sassy for walk, took map over to neighbor for them to keep in planning another camping trip to U.P., then cut my Sofront grass, had a quick snack, went back t RV dealer, back to town to get Iron supplements for Sassy, then to get hair cut, back home, cut neighbors front grass and by then was dinner time. Neighbor came over, we took Sassy for another walk. End of day. Have I tired you out yet :lol:

So far today I have trip to vet to see if I can change Sassy back to Joint Care. See reactions in Rimydal in her. Then to pay my property taxes, go pick up my trailer, finish cutting neighbors grass (she has yard as big as mine)m maybe make a PVC flag pole for when camping and whatever else comes up. TT also needs cleaning and getting ready for trip next week. Right now looks like the Great River Road in WI. Need map out route. Alternative is to stay in U.P. if I feel Sassy might be more comfortable with shorter trip.

So my days in a nutshell here. Fall is coming, can feel it in the air, will be time to start thinking about getting ready for that down the road and the winter to follow. Hope you all have a wonderful day and those of you who had all the rain are now drying out :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:16 am

Good morning Vicky and Sue.... and everyone else... waiting for my slow poke sister
there are four yard sales today and since we cannot go Friday or Saturday we will find these for today... yesterday got one half of living room scrubbed and walls painted... for dinner last evening
was invited to my niece's... my sister's daughter.... when I get back from yard sales
going to ask my sister to borrow her car... need to go and talk to this RV repair guy... for an oil change and a few other minor things to check before heading south... also need to look for new phone... mine has been dropped one too many times its on it's way out... anyone out there know where I can get a cheap but good smartphone?.... and then maybe I will work on
the other half of the living room... have a fun filled day and be safe..donna
grammynmaggie

Postby ryegal » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 am

Hi I have a question Has anyone ever road the train on a rail pass? I'm thinking of doing this but concerned about where the train stations are.cities I'am thinking of visiting D.C. Chicago , Philadelphia,Michigan, and please give me any places you would recommend
ryegal

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Donna, the price of the smartphone will depend on your carrier and the specials they might be having. I went with two more years on my plan to get the one I currently have - which is more than two years old now - but got it for a penny that way. I'm thinking of getting the new HTC phone with the speakers in the front - which has been highly recommended by a friend and with my hearing would be awesome - but waiting to see what the best deal I can get would be - and so far, not willing to spend the bucks.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Olive6001 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Sitting in Page Springs BLM campground just outside Frenchglen, Oregon. Drove Malheur Wildlife Refuge yesterday. Country so beautiful I cried. Miles and miles of washboard road. Won't do that again, but very very glad I did it once. Many beautiful birds of all sorts, from enormous white pelicans to tiny yellow warblers. Have started drifting east, moving slow. Life is very, very good. Saw wild horses in BLM corrals. Hundreds of beautiful horses and many colts or whatever baby horses are called. I think they're colts. What's a foal? So much to learn. Spent night before last at Chicahominy Resevoir, another BLM site, only $4.00 with old lady card. Rain and winds kept air clear for two days. Today smoke is drifting in from wildfires still blazing. I guess I could hightail it across Idaho, where there are more fires, and then settle in whatever state is east of Idaho. :roll: Montana? Or go down to Utah. Decisions, decisions. All those lovely flavors of jello. :D I have moments of homesickness, but sure as h*** don't want to go back to Texas where it's Africa hot. Will be in Page Springs until Sunday unless smoke gets too bad.

On Edit: I forgot to mention that it's the beginning of two hunting seasons around here: elk and antelope. Maybe more but those are what I know of. The hunters have started rolling into the campground with their ATVs. Fifteen minutes ago this was a lovely, quiet campground. Now, not so much. I could leave, but it's the weekend so I don't want to get caught out there without a reservation. Been there and done that and not fun. Maybe I'll learn something new from this situation. Suspend judgement and remain calm, Nikki. What about when the roll in with dead animals strapped to the ATVs? Does that happen? Oh, dear... My new mantra is remain calm and stay in your own site. Last week I had long conversations with an ex research scientist who became a vegan as a result of his interractions with lab animals. Now I'm surrounded by hunters. Life is a hoot.
Last edited by Olive6001 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:23 pm

Beth... I know what you're talking about with a plan... My problem is
I don't want to change my plan Because I have unlimited data( Grandfathered in)
So I have to buy a phone outright.... So that's what I'm looking for... Man are they expensive!!!!
grammynmaggie

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Nikki, I love your mantra....remain calm....remain open to learning and observing.......You still may come away and detest hunting but I am thinking that you will understand it a bit more. ...If I know that the meat is going into the freezer for the winter's meals, I can accept it. I haven't turned vegan yet so a little meat now and then still taste pretty good. Think I would rather have meat come from the wild than the cow in the crowed feed lot or the poor chickens in their small "lets fatten them up" crates......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby WickedLady » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Nikki: A foal is a baby horse. A colt is a male foal. A filly is a female foal. They are both cute as heck.
WickedLady

Postby chalet05 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Nikki, I'd like an update after the weekend on the dead animal count. I agree with Tina regarding food for the freezer.

Back in 2000 we pulled into a campground in the SE during duck hunting season. I remember seeing a sign about not cleaning ducks in the restrooms. Lots of camo wear and guns.

Glad you are enjoying your time on the road.

I arrived in Helena, MT this afternoon. Immediately went into Walmart for a hair cut!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Natt85 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 am

Nikki,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful day. Nature is amazing isn't it? I needed that today.
Thank you!
Natacha "Frenchie"
2001 F350 PSD, 4x4, Dually, 9000xl rancho shocks, airbags
2012 Arctic Fox 811
Natt85

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 am

grammynmaggie wrote:Beth... I know what you're talking about with a plan... My problem is
I don't want to change my plan Because I have unlimited data( Grandfathered in)
So I have to buy a phone outright.... So that's what I'm looking for... Man are they expensive!!!!

I can change phones without my plan changing. But look into your "grandfathered" plan. I just read recently in the news that most are being dropped and you won't have a choice. They don't entirely drop it, just slow your speed down so much it's pretty unusable.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 am

I heard the same Beth. When we upgraded last fall, our 6 year old phones they said we had no choice but lose our unlimited data. However, they gave us 6 G each for the price of 3 in compensation they said for loyalty.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee