Wet Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wet Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 am

G'morning all! :)

Crikey, the east coast is getting battered, all the way from Detroit to Baltimore, coming up from the southern coast??? Rained here all day yesterday, rained over night, & still raining. No flooding in my area, thankfully, Everybody else okay? Sure hope so...Irmi???

G'grief, a sign of fall--the sumac here is turning already!!! Also saw a few young maples with orange/red leaves--they always turn first. Besides Ava returning to work, Donna's "last garage sale" is a definite sign that summer is winding down:)

Poor Sassy, really showing her age. I identify with the "no travel" thing; too much stress for her age/condition, & you're a good dog-mom to spare her that :)

So Lori, what's for breakfast ;) Off for more coffee. Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby Irmi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 am

Good morning Carolb and everyone!

Yes, our area got lots of rain last night and we had flooding in the yard and some of our yard ornaments floated away, but fortunately, this time, our house was spared. But towns just east of us, about five miles away, got ten inches of rain and lots of roads are still closed due to flooding. I hope everyone here is safe and high and dry. Have a good day everyone.
Irmi

Postby Dawn309 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am

Irmi, I am so glad you didn't have any major flooding. Watching the news, I was worried about you two.

I am now settled in FL. I love my new home site. There are beautiful flower beds and plantings. I just need to clean them up a little bit and add some more flowers. I met the young man who had put them in yesterday. He had been in this site for 7 years, but had had to leave to go to Indiana. I hate it that he lost this site, but I am glad I got it. I will have to find out where he is parked now so I can take him his yard ornaments when I take them down. They are not really my taste.

I hope everyone in the path of these torrential rains is spared any flooding. Have a great day everyone.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby Colliemom » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:31 am

Good Morning,

We had about 2 inches of rain here but nothing like the southeast part of the state which got up to at least 6 inches in the Detroit metro area. Needless to say it's a big mess down there with flooding all over. Talked to two cousins who happened to be on fB last night and they are okay where they are, but it's all around them. Said they have never seen anything like that before and it is a record setting event for that area.

Feels like fall here too. Bit on the cool side this morning but blue sky and sunshine, so hopefully that will work toward you Carol and Irmi. Yep, definite signs of fall starting to show up here and there too. Darn, means having to put the TT away before I know it.

Killing a little time right now before heading to town. Had my annual physical done yesterday, so off to get the blood work down and will do those necessary "women" things later in October. Then off to farmer's market for fresh goodies and out to breakfast to feed tummy. Appt. to get hair cut this afternoon as well. So as you can see, I'm taking care of the body this week.
Also want to stop and check on status of my trailer repair.

So, what that, I'm outta here. Those of you in the heavy rains, keep safe and hope you have no flooding where you are before it's over. Everyone else, have a nice day, enjoy travels if on the road etc.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 am

Good morning all.... raining here for two days and nights also... good time for
working inside... yesterday after I got moving I patched some cracks and nail holes
in the living room today I will scrub some woodwork and paint walls in one section
I am doing this section by section if I would wait and do it when the room is entirely empty
I will be running out of time to get everything finished... my sister came up yesterday afternoon
and we did some sewing .....working on quilts... by three p.m I am tired and done with physical labor
sitting down to so is nice and relaxing... that's it for now.. have a fun filled day and be safe
donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Wings » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:17 am

Good morning ladies,
I'm driving up the eastern seaboard and am on the eastern shores of Virginia in kiptopeke state park. We also had lots of rain last night also but I don't know how many inches or if there is flooding anywhere. Going to ride my bike around this morning after breakfast and then think about heading out and going further north around one. I don't know how far I will get today but I know this evening my chore will be finding a route that will avoid all the major cities on the north eastern seaboard without going to Far west and then cutting back in somewhere past Boston. I'm having so much fun that I'm moving a lot slower than I thought I would.
Claudia and copilot Howdy
Wings

Postby Redetotry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 am

Good Morning all,
Now if someone could just figure out how to equally distribute all that rain :) We got .05 :( inches and definitely could have used more, it has been really dry here. Signs of fall here also, I noticed our Tulip Poplar trees have a lot of yellow leaves plus lots of falling leaves. We have been so lucky though with only a few days of hot/humid summer weather in between lovely cool days and nights, so unusual and so wonderful for this area.
I'm hoping things have settled down here, all dogs are finally well and eating etc normally, hooray!! Toby's only dog friend from down the street came to play Sunday afternoon and he played nice when the puppy participated.
Carolb you asked about Toby yesterday, he is still going to go to 'camp' I think being introduced to other dogs in a controlled situation will hopefully teach him not to be aggressive. I have been waiting for everyone to get well before sending him. I'm trying to decide whether to do it now or when DH heads to Scotland so I'll only have two dogs to deal with during the day.
Irmi I'm so glad your house was spared from flooding.
Sue sorry about Sassy but hope you can continue with a few more trips with her. Some dogs adapt better than others with sight loss I hope she will be one who can manage without being too upset.
Donna you are going to need a long vacation when all your house work is finished! Claudia enjoy your bike ride this morning.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:48 am

Good Morning,

What a lot of rain some of you are getting!! I talked to LeRoy yesterday - Alaska is getting rain again. He's considering cutting his Alaska time short.

Irmi, so glad your house isn't flooded again.

Claudia, I have traveled I-95 around the cities. I avoided 'rush hour' and didn't find it that bad.

I didn't do laundry yesterday - too far and steep to be carrying it to laundry room. No biggie - just have to find a laundromat.

Decided on the Red Bus Tour into Glacier NP today.

Everyone have a good day - those of you in the rain, stay dry!
Anita
chalet05

Postby gingerK » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 am

Morning Ladies,
I have been thinking of you all on the east coast in all that rain and hoping no one was getting flooded out, sounds like everyone's ok.

Nice day here today, looks like we only got a token of what East coasters did over Sunday and Monday.

Worked in my horse barn til 9 then quit and came in to shower. I'll go back out this afternoon and try to finish what I'm doing.

Sounds like everyone's busy and enjoying themselves for the most part. Take care and don't overdo!

Need to make some phone calls about hay and bedding for the horses, so I'll get going now.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Just missed morning around here. It is a beautiful one with a much needed break from all the oppressive humidity as dryer air drifted in over night. Sorry about all the flooding elsewhere and glad to know all safe.

Nicky has teeth cleaned Monday and is just now getting back to normal after being put to sleep for the procedure. While there the vet discovered a growth on pad of back foot about the size of my long fingernail. Surgery set for next Tuesday to have it removed and sent off to lab for evaluation. I am more than a little concerned about it tho vet said it could be anything from bad cyst to cancer - no way to be sure until it comes off. Really don't like idea of putting him back to sleep especially so soon.

Niece is holding her own. Only two chemo treatments left. There will be a short break in treatments followed by radiation every day for six weeks. It has been a very difficult year for her but there is now a glimmer of good light at the end of tunnel and we are thankful.

The KS gtg is getting near. Sorry for those who had to cancel. You will be missed. I am still planning to attend.

In case you missed the notice this is National Left Handers Day. Enjoy.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Wings » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Anita, Thanks for the info about I95. It looks like I will be driving it as there doesn't seem to be too many alternatives. I'm planning my attack of the cities tonight! I understand the wet weather in Alaska. Unless you are in the interior it starts raining around July 4 th and doesn't stop very much until it starts snowing.
Claudia
Wings

Return to Morning Coffee