Rainy Days and Mondays...well, you know the rest...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Days and Mondays...well, you know the rest...

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:55 am

Yep, early Monday morning and it's raining again....so looks like another day inside....weather guys have us getting sunny later today then the rest of the week should be nice....So the plan is to do some site-seeing tomorrow or Weds....just wish the humidity would go down....it makes us both cranky.... :roll: :?

Nothing much more happening around here...plan to take some photos of this RV Park to share....found out that this isn't a new RV Park, but has new owners who have made alot of improvements which makes things look new.... ;)

Well, coffee is ready and cheezy scrambled eggs with bacon ready for who ever is looking for food this morning...

Have a great day, all... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Rainy Days and Mondays...well, you know the rest...

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 am

Good morning Lori and all.... Weather has been great here
Possible scattered thunderstorms today..... Well my yard salep
Went pretty good. Got rid of some stuff but not near enough...
The whole east side Will be having a yard sale On the 23rd
I am going to participate at that time... and that will be my last yard sale here
Yesterday was my day of rest... I was tired after working on that
yard sale for a few days.... I did run over to the flea market in the morning
To pick up some of those corn hole bean bag thingies... My daughter needed
Some black and gold ones...there is lady over there that makes them and sells them
today is back to work getting things done here at the house my summer is almost over here
and its not ready to put on the market yet.. have a safe and prosperous day...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Colliemom » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 am

Good Morning Lori, Donna and all,

Cloudy and cool this morning here Much needed rain is supposed to come today. Otherwise have been having perfect summer weather. Those of you who have been in the hot humid weather should have come up to MI this summer. Our weather may have been cool but no humidity and sunshine for the most part. Have had a few humid days, but far and few between. Now we are on the downhill side of summer.

Donna, hope you get your house on the market soon as I know you want to sell it. Neighbors by me here, who have had a house up for sale since Judy, sold it and are here now, packing up some of the stuff they want to keep at their regular home. This was just a second home for them. Now if I could have that kind of luck. Mine's not on the market yet, but I'm seriously considering it. Am kind of waiting to make sure the resort to condo thing is going to get off the ground in early October and a buyer for the entire resort doesn't appear beforehand.

Off to the vet with Sassy today as well as house cleaning. Want to get a general health check on her and also an eye check to see how much more advanced the eye cataracts are.

Sarah, I too am so glad you got Magic.. It's opened a new world for you. And to think I was present when you had your "first s'more" ever last summer. Brings back memories of that happy event :)

CArol, I think you are on the right track with renewing your tags and such up in NC since it's still your main residence. Can deal with the FL thing when you get to that point. Also glad you have somebody to drive you up there. How nice.

Well, this isn't getting the house cleaned, so had better get with it. Y'all have a nice day out there.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Irmi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:33 am

Good morning Lori, Donna, Sue & everyone!

Lori, thanks for breakfast! Donna, hope you can put the house on the market soon and get that behind you. Sue, I hope Sassy's appointment goes well today.

We've been waking up to temperatures in the 50's lately but by afternoon, we get into the mid 80's. We're a few degrees below normal for this time of the year. This feels more like September weather than August. The Super Moon has been pretty the past few nights. We have rain moving into our area tomorrow, but today will be sunny and another good day to work in the yard. We've been trying to get steamed crabs, but with the cooler nights, the prices have escalated, more than we want to pay. They're going for almost twice what we paid last year. Ouch! Here's wishing everyone a good day.
Irmi

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:17 am

Good Morning !! I see coffee was served early, if I'd known would have had some with you , Lori. Slept in a strange bed, GS whose off to the army, plus full moon, cats hollering, etc etc so not much sleep. This is going to be a long day !! Trash is out, laundry is started, I'm dressed and trying to finish my cup of coffee then hope kids are ready to eat.

As you've guessed I'm back at my DD's. My last week to keep the kids, the summer has flown by. Soon will be time to go up for GS's graduation from boot camp, looks like I might not be able to go, no one to keep Maggie. Plus I need my hair cut and fixed and some shopping for something new that will fit :oops: :roll: This idleness since Jan. has brought back majority of the 20 lbs I had lost. :(

No real news, except i feel like I have gotten some control back over my life. I found a driver, I decided which state to keep my residence in and have an app for dr. Decided also not having RV moved up by sister yet, will stay in this park until after my trip to NC, at least. hoping sis can come down and pick me up before app and I will just stay at her home for awhile. I got sick of not knowing what was going to happen, I love my sis and DD but both saying they will do this and that and I shouldnt worry, RIGHT, still waiting for any idea of anything, Friday morning I woke up with the name of someone who is capable and discovered willing to drive me to NC. Has family up near me in NC. This area closer to where we can meet and drive up, so took indecision away as to how long I will be at this CG. Time to pay rent again and all last week had know idea how much longer I would be there. So what a relief. Kinda floored my DD and sis when I announced all of this, my sis thought. I would be leaving right away for NC, told her no , I'm waiting until after app and then I'll plan time to go and this was agreeable with my driver. Sis didn't agree don't think, but I feel so much better in a small way I'm back to doing and knowing what I need to for me and my peace of mind. Know one will ever really know what these months have been like for me, they think so, but NO.

Boy have I rambled on this morning, sorry you all but I have found a little peace of mind lately and really happier and wanted to just spout off about it !! Gotta go feed my grands, Everyone have a great day, Donna don't work too hard , I hope you are done soon and can have house on the market before you head south.

Those on the road safe travels,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:32 am

Second post for the day... Carol just for your fYI.. not sure it will help you any but
my residence was still in PA... I was still able to register my motorhome in Florida..
Then the next year I got my driver's license and took up Florida resident... anyway
thought you might like to know just in case.
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:35 am

Good Morning, I am enjoying a moment of quiet, the little darling is sleeping. She woke up ready to go at five. :( Life is slowing getting some what normal again but my body hasn't caught up yet, it seems as though I start the day tired.
CArol so glad you have found a driver! I hope you can get everything worked out and your eyes heal soon. I'm sure none of us can even imagine how stressful these months of not being in control of your life has been like but hopefully all the thoughts and prayers that have gone up for you has helped to bring about this person who can help. (((HUGS))))
Everyone enjoy their day. I'm off to run the vacuum. :(
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:15 am

BJ, after watching the video of your puppy on Facebook I know I don't want a puppy. :lol: Wish I had that much energy. Our cats will get on a tear sometimes but it only lasts about 5 minutes and they have to take a nap.

CArol, glad you found a driver. Not being able to drive would make me crazy. The 6 weeks my DH hauled me around a few years ago was enough.

I think I will go move my motorhome out from under the carport in case it rains. The lazy man's car wash. :lol: We have been getting a big rain every afternoon. The rain wouldn't be so bad but it's usually a thunderstorm with lightening. I don't like that. I am slowly loading up to leave on Thursday. I'm going to West Pensacola. It's in Alabama but almost in Florida.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Thank you, now the Carpenters are running thru my head...... ;)
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby chalet05 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:20 pm

CArol, glad to hear things are coming together. Just sorry you won't make the KS GTG.

Donna, good you got through your yard sale. Imagine the community one will bring more people.

So good to be back in the lower 48!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Well, didn't know whether to post on here or start a real early one for tomorrow's MC. Decided to just add on here...

Busy day! Worked 9-3 and was busy due to being short one stylist. Then got home and had my pet sitter come over to show her what needs to be done while I am off camping for the next few days. Then rushed off to the golf course. Had a playoff between my team and another team, and....we won!!! :D Yay!! I didn't play too well so I didn't contribute much for the team, but we won anyways, so some of the gals on my team must have played well because we beat them by a lot of strokes! Had a pizza dinner at the club house while waiting for everyone to finish playing. Will have to post the recipe for a yummy dessert someone brought. An ice cream desert with Baileys! :P

Got home and started packing up the car with camping stuff. It is really full already and still have my suitcase and coolers to pack yet tomorrow. :roll: And my bike. Just got the bike rack but haven't had time to put it on the Jeep and try it out yet, so that will have to wait til tomorrow. I work from 9-5 and then come home, finish packing and loading, load up the bike and head out. I can sure see why having a camper would be easier. Most of the stuff I am packing would already be in the camper/trailer and would just have to pack clothes and food for the most part. Someday I will have a camper of some sort...

I haven't even made reservations yet for the campsite, but as of yesterday there were still quite a few sites available yet.

Just heard about Robin Williams suicide. That is so sad. :cry: He was a very talented man. I guess depression can pull anyone down into the depths of despair, no matter who they are.

I will check in tomorrow but no internet after that til I get home Thursday evening (or I may decide to stay til Friday morning).
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 am

Have a great trip and have fun, Barbie.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee