Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby carolb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:18 am

G'morning all!

Sarah, I'm so happy you've made good use of Magic! You've become such a "happy camper" :D Jane, welcome to Morning Coffee! I've not kept up with "new members" to know much about you or the other "newbies," but I look forward to getting to know y'all here :) Oh, yes, these ladies are great! Being on the road wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if I didn't have them here on the forum or meeting up with them. Such as Anita, my "caravaning" buddy! Hey Anita, would love to have been in Alaska with you, but glad to hear you're on your way home. And then there's Irmi--anyone going through/near MD is really missing a treat if they don't take time to camp-out in her yard! Sooooo many wonderful ladies!!!

So much for r&r yesterday--my day to finish reading a book. Thought of you, Ava, as I tore up some carpet & put down vinyl tiles :roll: Reminded me of Soos too, so if you're reading this, Soos, know I think of you & miss your MC posts :(....Well, just may have to get to that book today--isn't Sunday supposed to be our day of rest!!

Waiting on Lori for breakfast :lol: Y'all have a great day & be safe always! 8-)
carolb

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby cnq50b » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:24 am

Good morning, Carolb & all who come later,

More lovely rain here in Kansas City. I'll probably finish up the screen covering for my van's sliding door today. :D :D Then it's off to LA & SanDiego on Thursday. Still wish I could drive - but that time will come.

Hope you do take a little break today, Carolb. We have quite the industrious group here - & you all wear me out! :lol: :lol: :lol: And, yes, Sarah, it's fun reading your posts - you're definitely getting good use of Magic & having fun along the way.

Happy to see all the newbies jumping in. It's hard to believe I've been on here 2 years!

Can't wait to meet more of you personally at the KS GTG. Sorry to hear that you can't make it, Melissa - but I do hope to meet you down the road. I'm going to experiment with freezing BBQ ribs from my nephews' place & taking it out to my son in LA - if it works, I'll be bringing the same to the GTG so everyone can taste some award winning BBQ. :D

Well, going to get another cup of coffee & then get started with the day.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:57 am

good morning ladies :D
up early this morning, sat outside in the moonlight...lots of it, it was almost like daylight. Then watched the sun start
to peek over the Superstition Mtns and then we came in. Did a few detail cleaning jobs yesterday, yanked everything
out from under the sink and cleaned really good, made a sink of bleach/soapy water and soaked my water jug. I'd used
it for tea at the beginning of summer and it needed the tea stains removed. Then of course that water made the sink
really white so I had to do the other sink to match :D
Finally brought my washer back in out of the shed and got it put back to use. Bad thing....the heat in the shed sort of
warped the lid a little and now I have to put something heavy on the lid to keep it shut otherwise the little switch on
the lid won't let it run. :( But the convenience of having my own washer in here out weighs everything else cause I hate
spending the time in the laundry room. Big stuff I take to the laundryroom though.
Will probably do a little more cleaning of nooks and crannies today, it seems to be a constant around here but I like the
way it makes me feel after its done.
Ya'll have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby gingerK » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:16 am

Morning Gal Pals!

Lovely weather here in IL today; DH and I will be shopping for next weekend's party today picking up odds and ends we need. Gonna be a fun time!

Finally figured out how to run my marker lights on the tc-duh! It has a double pigtail at the rear and I finally asked DH about it; we plugged it in and tahdah! one light came on! LOL At least I now know that it works, sort of! Later today I'll pop the top down and get up on the ladder and check bulbs, clean lenses, etc.

Not much else to report here, breakfast was homemade banana bread and coffee. Take care, all.

Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:07 am

Good Morning All, I'M HOME!!!!! Two weeks with no internet was frustrating. However, I had such a nice time up in the mountains. The altitude of 7,000 feet caused me to have difficulties with the breathing. I walked quite slowly! We had about four days of heavy rain showers..heavens knows we needed it. The temperatures were perfect each day. There were, all together, 21 humans and 6 dogs, enjoying the two weeks. Some came and went while I was there and others were still there when I left. The drive home was hot...around 91 to 99*. Then the traffic through LA was horrendous. They are doing lots of construction on Hwy 5 in LA...So, don't go that way if you can avoid it. I'm glad to be back and now getting ready for the trip to KS. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am

Good Morning, just looked at my watch afternoon Ladies !!, Wee busy this morning collecting things together to go back to DDs . Last week of summer for grands than back to school, both said they were ready, want to see their friends. They both like school, and so far excellent grades,

Lyn, so glad you had a great two weeks. I can't imagine trying to drive down through LA now, I won't :lol: , early 60's was terrible, my first experience with hwys everywhere, over, under. Had to do it a lot when I lived out there, didn't really mind then but remembering all the traffic and construction and accidents at that time, just won't even think what it is now.

I have found a friend who is available and very willing to drive me up to NC to get my RV inspected and tagged. We're planning on last part of Oct, tag runs out last day.. I have a dr app to see if surgery can be done and when, Sept 23rd. Would be so nice if I could see well enough to renew drivers lic at that time too, but won't go there just have to do what I can as each day goes by. I do have a thought as to whether they will tag the RV with my not having a valid dr lic. The title does have another name on it, so hoping.

Decided to do the NC lic and tag, this yr at least because of ins on property and taxes, non resident might face more problems so taking the known way out, have way more then enough to deal with right now.

Need to get moving here, things to do yet. Hope you all are having a lovely day,
Stay Safe,
CArol

Yes Sarah I'm so happy for you too, you enjoy people and visiting and for those of us who live alone the RV life is wonderful, Being one of many who encouraged you :D I was so glad to read your post how amazed you were that you used Magic so much, and enjoyed yourself. That was my hope and I'm sooooo happy for you!!! It's really wonderful not to have to feel guilty too, like I would have if it hadn't worked out :lol:
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:06 pm

For those who don't know, Sarah joined this forum to keep track of her friend, Jean (Sparkle) in her travels. But Sarah got the bug - especially after attending a couple gtg's - long before she got an rv. It's so much fun to see how much you've done in the rv this past two years, Sarah.

It's still morning here - about an hour left to it, even. Today's my Friday and the last day of the Sturgis festival. It didn't prove to be as busy this year, but some who have never been to Sturgis said is was packed there. Others said nothing like in the past. That said, next year is the 75th - and it's predicted to the be largest ever.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee