Saturday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:15 am

Morning Everyone,

Bacon, eggs, toast and blueberries on the menus this morning, help yourself. Or just cereal if you prefer.

Can't believe it's heading toward mid August already. Summer is going too fast. Got a load of wash in the dryer already this morning, so washing is done for awhile now. Might be heading out to an antique tractor show today with neighbor. It's at an actual 1930's working farm museum about 25 miles from here. They have all kinds of buildngs and activities going on there all summer long and actually produce various farm goodies for sale. Today they are celebrating the birthday of a 100 year old Steam engine that's still working. And they also have a thresher down there that was built in 1887 and is thought to be the last of it's kind from the company that built it. Still working as well. So should be interesting.

BJ, as to reservations for a trip out west. It's true that many don't bother making them, but in this case, Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons and the Black Hills area are very popular vacation and visiting sites and campsites are at a premium especially with a holiday weekend being in the mix. I'm looking at a multi day stay and need to make sure that sites are available. I'm not equipped to boondock for maybe more than one night. This year seems to be exceptionally busy out there from what I have been reading. Even here in MI, it's hard to find campsites this summer. Usually I don't have any problems with that.

CArol, was thinking about that episode you had with Maggie getting into the pool. It's possible that since the pool water was probably calm and reflecting whatever was around it, she just assumed it was ground and couldn't tell the difference. I had a collie do that once at our old lake home.

Well, not much to report from this end this morning, so will move on and let the thread flow form here. You all have a wonderful day out there today.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday Morning

Postby Irmi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:37 am

Good morning Sue & everyone!

Sue, you seem to have so many neat things going on in your area! Enjoy the tractor show and whatever else you might be getting into today. Thanks for breakfast!

Things are quiet here in our area today. Steve edged our patio yesterday and cleaned gutters and sometime in the near future, today or tomorrow, the grass will be cut. Tomorrow is my turn to play in church, so need to do some practicing and get music together for the service. Tuesday I'll be meeting a realtor to put Dad's house on the market. I'd much rather be in The Monster going somewhere or just relaxing in a campground, but hopefully things will be slowing down here soon and we'll be doing just that. Have a good Saturday everyone!
Irmi

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:04 am

good morning ladies
ahhhhh Saturday :D
I'll be busy today for sure catching up on housekeeping duties as I've done nothing all week since getting back to
work was sort of hecktic. Usually takes a couple weeks for things to "settle" at work. My route is so easy this year
its shameful. But I'm not complaining, I just hope it doesn't get boring being so easy. My ac broke one day but they
fixed it so we didn't have to go without. It just needed new relays. I have 3 fragile's on my bus this year so they
can't ignore the ac. Thats always a good thing for me too cause without that ac those buses are very very hot.
Maggie is doing fine and doesn't seem to show any separation anxiety but of course she's certainly over joyed when
I get home. Kitty is doing well too and finally starting to look healthy again. I had her on that indoor formula for a
little while, by the second bag I could tell this was not good for her. Put her on Friskies Grillers again and she's
getting fat and shiny again. She certainly enjoys snooping around the yard early in the mornings, she doesn't go far
cause she's afraid she'll get locked out. :lol:
I'm already making plans for my flower boxes and what I'm going to plant and I can hardly wait to get started on that.
But of course.... gotta wait until the second payday cause the first one is already planned for catch up. ;)
Will visit the laundry room today, toss in a load and then head over to the clubhouse with my laptop to tap into the
wifi so I can watch an episode of Extant that I missed the other night. Certainly don't want to do it on my internet
as it would eat a months worth of data in one hour.
Hope ya'll have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby carolb » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:14 am

G'morning Sue, Irmi, Ava & all to follow :)

Sue, since I have such a small rv & it was pre-season, Beth was kind enough to let me park next to her on her assigned "private property" parking--then of course, got a visit from the owner :oops: but he was also kind since I stayed only one night (I think)...I've realized that traveling in the summer is much different than during the winter--reservations are a must at most all cg's (not at WM's or rest areas, though ;) )--especially on weekends.

Beautiful day here in central NY--thinking I may actually rest. Have a good book to finish reading. Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:50 am

Ava, I had a philosophy that once every so many years the assignment gods gave you a dream route/classroom/assignment :) as paybacks for the challenges of those other years that you faced and survived. :o
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 am

G'morning all!

Well, I have got camping fever for sure-slept in the tc for 2 nights running! Just here in the driveway but still it's fun!

Finishing up with some nice horses this morning, will start a pair of Labs this afternoon. Work just keeps on keeping on.

Headed to post office this a.m. to mail out a package to a friend on FB. Remember the free electrical cover I got from that rv shop because they broke mine? Well I had already bought a new one online and didn't want to return it. Sure wasn't going to give the "free" one back, so I posted it on FB as free, just postage. I'd rather give it away to someone who can use it than have it laying around here forever. So off it went to Wisconsin this morning!

Monday, Buddy will get the stitches out of his ear from his surgery and he and Shooter can play again. Molly will be so happy she won't have to "baby sit" Shooter anymore and can stay in the house all day again. She says she's had enough of his shenanigans!

I have a few things that need doing in the barn; cleaning out the old hay chaff from the loft and scrubbing up a few buckets a friend gave me. Kind of an easy day around here not much going on. DH is at the shop but should be home by noon. We are planning a company picnic/bbq for friends and employees next Saturday so he may want to go shopping this afternoon to stock up on things for the party.

Breakfast here was just coffee and cereal. I'm going to Sue's for breakfast, she seems to have the yummy stuff! Have a great day.

Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby chalet05 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:55 am

Taking a break this morning since there is WiFi at McDonald's in WalMart in Prince George, B.C. Having my coffee and then will shop. May not get too far up the road with late start and weekend traffic.

Trip is going well. Just so disappointing at the lack of turnouts with views next to lakes and rivers.

I am behind except for today's MC posts, but definitely agree on reservations at Yellowstone. That said, I have no reservations for Glacier or Yellowstone not knowing when I'll get there!!

Melissa, sorry you won't make the KS GTG! Sheila, hope you'll decide to come!

Sure sorry to hear about Velda's husband!

Will go read a bit. Everyone have great days!
Anita
chalet05

Postby jwillis54 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:37 pm

It is not exactly morning anymore, but I am still in "jammies" and hanging out at the cg. My 6 week trip ends Aug 26 and that is coming around fast. No matter. In a small Wyoming town for a music festival this weekend.

I will try to check in more often, this seems like a great group of women. I missed the post about a trip out west...may I ask when? Also, when is the KS (Kansas?) GTG. I welcome any tips about using this forum!

Thanks all. Leftover hamburger for breakfast, on ciabatta bun with horseradish sauce!

Jane :D
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:39 pm

No longer morning, here, either....but feels like late afternoon....probably because I've been up since 4am...on and off...meaning I've had a couple of short naps.... ;) It's been raining since yesterday afternoon....but it has stop for now....so everything is damp and the air is heavy....hence part of the reason I feel so sleepy....

We did our 1st trip to the local Walmart yesterday...not far and got my hair cut while we were there...I tried to embrace the curling and waves that appeared in my trying to grow my hair out, but finally had enough and am now back to my short do....Ahhhh.....feels so much better..... :D

Looks like our site-seeing start date is going to be this coming Weds.....that's when the "wet stuff" is suppose to be done....and the temps a little cooler...in the 80s....

All righty, then,....guess that's all for now....Swedish meat balls and Strawberry shortcake for supper....

Enjoy the rest of your day, all...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Irmi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Since Sara answered Jane's questions about GTG's, I deleted my post.
Last edited by Irmi on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irmi

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Morning long gone here too but checking in in PJs might count.

Jane: The KS gtg dates are Sept 19-22 but several of us are arriving on the 14th. Find more info in the Get together section
http://www.womenrv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11559

Got Magic back from Ford dealer yesterday. She has brand new shoes thanks to a tire recall - only cost to me was for new tire extenders.
Hard to believe I have put almost 11,000 miles on her in about 2 years. When I was trying to decide about spending that much money on RV (I did get cheaper "starter unit") had to convince myself it was okay if the only use she got was an annual trip to FL and a few trips within days drive. Getting to use her more than expected and have no regrets about the purchase. Cannot thank the ladies on here enough for all the help and encouragement I have received.
Have a lot of routine maintenance that needs to be done before I head to KS. Problem around here as so few places work on RVs and I don't want to trust her to just any one.

Kathleen - so happy to read that your trip is going well.

MissMermaid - Sorry about the leak. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Wish I was closer, Lori. Dinner sounds good.

Wishing all a wonderful weekend.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee