Monday with Sun!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday with Sun!

Postby Irmi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:11 am

Good morning everyone!

Wow, the weather man was wrong! I was expecting to wake up to rain and it's was clear as soon as I got up and it's going to be sunny all day with temperatures in the 80's. Beautiful summer weather!

We just got back from visiting the RV dealer that's going to be putting the base plate on our car. Our checkbook is lighter but Steve won't have to crawl under the trailer anymore to strap down the other car. I guess we should have just bit the bullet last year and done this, but the thought of buying another car didn't thrill me. So now we have a fleet of vehicles but at least one can be towed 4 wheels down. All's well that ends well.

Since the weather is so nice today, we'll get caught up on the yard work again. Pancakes, sausage, bacon and coffee are ready to help you start your day. Have a good one everyone!
Irmi

Happy Monday

Postby carolb » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:15 am

G'morning all :)

Just got chased home from our morning walk--one of the "scattered showers" expected today. Hope it's a sunny day for the rest of you! Forgot to wish Kathleen a fun & safe trip! Sue, I'm jealous of your Yellowstone plans ;)

Had a busy wkend helping cousin with garage sale, but got a new wardrobe out of it :lol: Also got some misc gadgets that I can use in my HarBor. He's in the shop now--routine gen service & propane leak! Was smelling propane on my last trip & came home after only 5 days with a near empty tank :shock: Need a new regulator, which they'll install; new water pump which I/bro will install.

Dawn, such good memories of Lake Murray for me, too. Of course, you have 1 1/2 yrs more of them--but on to more adventures, right? Will you be camp hosting in FL? How is Paul?...Ava, back to work! :o Summer over, & son's insane gf in jail where she should be :twisted: Fun happenings at the Blue Marlin--or should I say "dangerous & scary" things, considering the host & attendees :lol:

No 'maters to can, but picked about 50 beets yesterday to pickle & can. About a hundred more still in the ground needing to mature a little more. We canned some last year & seems they weren't as messy as tomatoes.

Y'all have a great day, be safe always! 8-)
carolb

Re: Monday with Sun!

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:35 am

And Steve still has the convertible, right! :) who wants to give that up?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:48 am

Good Morning !! Two morning post but I picked the one with earliest time, 4 mins think it was :D 42 yrs ago today I got talked into a blind date , one choice in my life that was soooo right !!, :)

I have fresh blueberries and blueberry bagels, the last of the coffee is in my cup, sorry. (NOT) :lol: I would make more and the breakfast menu is large selection, just went shopping :lol: If some of you knocked on my door I'd fix you about anything you'd like, today's offer, only :lol: :lol:

I need to figure out what I did, my house radio comes on for about 5 mins each morning then off. When trying to set up my DVD player I did something. It's like an alarm and I vowed never again, well here I am with unchosen noise in the mornings.
Leave it to me to cause myself problems :evil:

Hope all have a good day, those that need rain sure hoping you get it, looks like we're in for more and I know this CG doesn't need anymore right now.
Have a Great day and Stay Safe,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:52 am

Good Morning Irmi, Tina and everyone else,

Yumm, pancakes and sausage sound good this morning Irmi, especially since I am heading out on the road in a bit here. Time to go to Aloha for a couple of days.

Speaking of rain. We got drowned here yesterday. Run of the mill typical summer thunderstorm came through and the rain just poured. Rained for about ah hour, somestimes really heavy. Was thinking if it kept up, Liz could have put her kazoo in my yard with the standing water out there. But it soaked in fast with this sandy soil. But it was a good soaker and watered everything.
It's a beautiful sunny morning this morning, in the upper 60's I believe. Heading for mid 70's. Perfect camping weather.

So, soon as mail comes, I'm gone. Only an hours drive north so no hurry. Need to let people on my site from last night, leave.

So have a nice couple of days everyone, and I will tell you all about it when I get back.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:24 am

GOOOOD MORNING ladies! and just as you thought I had died and gone to heaven here I am again!!!

What on earth do you all do while I am away!

"Dawn, such good memories of Lake Murray for me, too. Of course, you have 1 1/2 yrs more of them--but on to more adventures, right? Will you be camp hosting in FL? How is Paul?...Ava, back to work! :o Summer over, & son's insane gf in jail where she should be :twisted: Fun happenings at the Blue Marlin--or should I say "dangerous & scary" things, considering the host & attendees :lol: "

Can't leave you alone for a minute...

wow I sure missed everyone without having internets use... my grandson Mark hooked me up last night... read a gazillion e-mails and dumped as many... Carol I am knocking at your door now so we can have a long chat... Irmi extra glad you have it fixed so Steve does not have to crawl under to get things hooked up...

The wedding was beyond wonderful... I am writing a Wedding Story from the Eyes of Grams... When it is done I will put it into the general room... way to long for here...
Oh how I would have loved being at the Blue Marlin... so much fun... and great company!... oh oh just be careful of the food... :lol:

Must finish looking at the things I have missed... oh Sue I called early and no answer... will try again when you are home... or better still try to call me... the property is so far out they do not get internet or phone... seems strange to me... it is in Alpena... on Bushey RD
Everyone have a great day!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:28 am

Morning everybody!

Warm here today, they say high of 85 and feels muggy already. Been out and taken care of two horses (besides my own) and went to Wally mart to pick up some things. Forgot to get a loaf of bread so hit up the Jewel on the way home.

Need to pick string beans today if it's not too muddy in the garden and freeze them up.

Made the appointment to get the stitches and drainage tube out of Buddy's ear from his hematoma surgery. He still looks like Frankendog with the sutures sticking out at all angles.

Pretty happy today, got things back to normal in my tc (see my other post about what happened at the repair shop!). Thought for a minute there I might have to back out on the Kansas GTG. But we're all good!

Breakfast was coffee and cereal, so help yourself.

Ha, Kathleen you sneaky! You posted just as I did, and I had to stop and think what Mitch told us to do when that happens so we don't lose our post! But I remembered!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Guess I need to say Good Afternoon as it is past noon here. I just got up from a short nap. It was a long night, I now have two doggies with diarrhea and one throwing up. The little one started during the night, why is it always night time when they get sick. I was going to meet the Blue Marlin crew in Paducah for lunch today but after all l the commotion around here I had to cancel. I'm exhausted and I couldn't leave DH to deal with it on his own. :( :( I was blaming myself for the little ones problems because I gave he a hard chew biscuit called BONE it was organic and she barely ate 1/2 teaspoon if that as she dropped most of what she chewed off. My friend it probably isn't my fault, her vet said that there is a lot of it happening this summer and it is something in the grass. She said what it was but too long a name for me to remember without writing it down. She also said to give Imodium instead of Kaopectate as they changed the formula in Kaopectate and it is pretty much the same as Pepto Bismal. I don't know, the dogs love Kaopectate and it seems to be working.

Anyway instead of a nice seafood lunch I'm having a grilled cheese snandwich and I don't get to meet Doc and Lori and see the rest of the group. :(
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Lori, Mitch and Sarah ran off to the store to pick up an ingredient that Mitch wanted to put in her home made pasta, etc. The probably found trouble, too. Life out in Western TN is so wild and exciting. Dock was off to another town to see about the slow leak in one of his 5'er's tires and I stayed to watch over the Blue Marlin Kingdom and the very wet and happy dogs that got to swim again in the pond this morning.....Pictures later. Stuart and Audrey are out under the shade awning drying out. I must confess that I took my book and sought the AC in the rig..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Tina, have a care letting the dogs swim in the pond-that's how my youngest dog came to us with giardia.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Return to Morning Coffee