No Sun Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

No Sun Sunday

Postby Irmi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:12 am

Good morning everyone!

It's 68 degrees here and lightly raining and we're supposed to have rain through noontime tomorrow. Today is my day off from playing in church so I'll be sitting in the congregation today. We've had a real busy couple of days spending time with friends that drove up from Florida to visit with their family in NJ. Even though we live two hours from the ocean, they got caught in the traffic going to Ocean City Friday afternoon as they were trying to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and have decided to cut their trip short and are turning around to go to Lorton VA to put their car on the auto train which will take them to Sanford FL and from there they will drive to their home in Boynton Beach. Because of the summer traffic here, they will now fly back and forth so they can visit their children in NJ and we'll see them when we go to FL. So it's a win-win situation.

Sara, thanks again for posting about your second day at the Blue Marlin GTG. It sure looks like everyone is having a great time.

Coffee, cinnamon buns, and fresh fruit are on the table, so help yourselves. Have a good day everyone!
Irmi

Re: No Sun Sunday

Postby Dawn309 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:22 am

Good morning Irmi and all.

Irmi, I am glad you got to spend time with your friends and will see them again when you get to FL. Spending time with friends is always so much fun. Enjoy your day off today relaxing in the congregation.

Today is our last day at Lake Murray. I am anxious to get on the road tomorrow morning. We aren't working today, but will be doing the few last minute things we have to do. I did go unlock the gate and do the site count for the office. I got to appreciate that will be the last time I do that and see a beautiful sunrise with the geese in the water. So peaceful.

I am going to have to catch up on the Blue Marlin GTG.

Have a great day everyone. If you are traveling, stay safe.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby Colliemom » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:31 am

Good Morning Irmi,

Sounds like it's a bit wet out your way. Guess you are getting some effects from Bertha heading up the coast and out to sea as of now or else just rain from the low that passed by here. Sorry your friends got so messed up in traffic, but sounds like they have a good solution for future trips. Also nice that you are going to be able to sit in the congregation today. Be a change for you.

I"ve yet to read up on the GTG at the Blue Marlin. Need to do that today sometime. Will be heading out later this morning with neighbors to an art show about an hours drive from here. I'm more a fan of craft shows, but want to see this place where it's at. We both really should be staying home and both of us are heading out tomorrow with our TT's, they for the U.P. and me up the road a bit. But we both need to get things ready. We won't stay at show very long.

BJ, I know that Ipad is not Cellular capable, but that's not an issue for me. I have a laptop if I need to use my cell phone, which at he moment I don't have. Need a different one. Plus with expenses I have coming up this month, it's not on my priority list, sale or no sale. I need a new camera and that's my priority right now. Property taxes are also due in Sept. but will pay them this month and I also have quarterly income tax payments as well.

Has anybody every driving the River Road in WI along the Mississippi? I've heard it's supposed to be a nice drive and am thinking of maybe forgoing heading west this year in favor of doing a shorter trip for the first trip out of state although friend wants to go to SD, so that may still be in the works and leave Yellowstone for another trip.

Okay, must move along here, so want to wish you all a Blessed Sunday.

Dawn, see you posted same time as I did. Good Morning to you too and have a safe trip on the road when you leave Lake Murray.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:40 am

Good morning all...rain here too and cool
when will I ever learn..made a post did not
copy or save it and now it is lost... grrrrrr...
anyway forgot half of what I said...will be
a lazy day I think ...will finish up the hall painting
on Mon. ...sister might come up this afternoon and
do some quilt sewing...we went to a few yard sales yesterday
all I am looking for is material..but found none...well I better get
busy being lazy...lol..I did make a blog post this morning about the
second day camping with Liz if you want to take a look...
so have a fun filled day and stay safe...donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby cnq50b » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:42 am

Good morning all,
We have rain, beautiful rain, here in KC - finally! Lovely grey day with a gentle rain falling. Wish it would last all day, but its supposed to move on after only a couple of hours.
Sadie & I took our walk around 5:30 - she has a very specific route she likes to take & I just follow. :lol:

Dawn, sounds like you're ready to move on. Really glad you're back on the forum - I missed you.
Sue, its fun to follow your plans. Your questions prompt responses that we are all taking in for future reference. :D
Irmi, cinnamon rolls sound great - thanks for offering...

Love the pics of the Blue Marlin GTG - looks like you're all having a good time. As always, Donna, I appreciate the reminder when you've added to your blog - I enjoy reading it but don't think about checking them unless I'm told to. :)

Hope everyone is well, happy & safe.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:46 am

Good morning ladies
another great rainstorm last night, it poured buckets and stuff is still wet :D
going to a bbq today and thats about it. Off to catch up on blogs and posts.
Ya'll have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:55 am

Good morning gals! Nice and sunny here today. Got some much needed rain yesterday. Nice soaking rain for the grass and plants, instead of torrential rains we had in June.

Getting ready for work today. Yesterday I had off and stayed home and got a lot done around my apartment. Finished finally unpacking the kitchen stuff and rearranged the living room. Looks much better in here!

Sue, the river road is a beautiful drive! Well worth it! Let me know if your route goes thru MN. Maybe I can meet you somewhere for lunch!

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Othersharon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 am

Good Sundy morning all. It was raining when I got up rhis morning, more of the same. I'm really beginning to think I should have bought a boat instead of a RV! I did manage to get the lawn mowed the other day so that was good! I went out to the yard last night to check the tomato plants and picked my first 3 little ones. That let to doing some weeding and wouldn't you know, I disturbed some yellow jackets. Got 2 stings on my hand and idiot that I was I threw the hood up on my jacket and got nailed 2 more times on the head. Plus I still had one in my hair and a couple of others I brought into the house. Managed to kill them. Since I've had adverse reactions to bees before it kinda scared me. I used baking soda and took some Benadryl. Fortunately my SIL got home from her trip and called to check in so I unloaded my sad tale on her. At least I knew I could call her if I got in trouble. She's only a few blocks away and has a key. Another first in this new single world I live in. DH was always there to calm me down. But today is a new day and the swelling has gone down so crisis averted! At some point I need to investigate and spray the heck out of the hive or whatever it's called! Maybe not today! And I'll cover up as much as I can first! Having my second cup of coffee and need to get a move on. Catching up on posts. Lots of travels to enjoy! have a great day where ever you are and safe travels.
Othersharon

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:48 am

Sue, I used to live on the Great River Road route in WI. I love that drive. From Prairie du Chein to LaCrosse you want to drive the WI side. Depending on the time of the year,fI'd sometimes cross then and drive part of the MN side. I like it anytime of year, but am partial to winter lol. Probably because it was easier to spot the bald eagles then, sitting in the trees with snow on the branches.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 am

Good Morning !! It still will be if i hurry. Sun was out and so warm all night (A/C kept coming on and set at 84). But has disappeared now. If we did get some rain it might cool it down some. My DD said it was 97 yesterday when we were out. August is HERE !!! Hoping my A/C holds out can't imagine trying to do without for 5 minutes !!, Ok so I'm a wimp, :D Humidity, is worse then high temp, both are bad , Maggie and I voted on it this morning on our walk !! we are in total agreement, no discussion needed ;)

Had a lovely day yesterday in spite of the heat. My DD had school supplies to buy, tax free wk end, so she picked me up early , we investigated a new store in the area, think WM has lost DD's business :D We had lunch out, great conversation and then on to WM. I needed a load of things and she had a very long list of supplies for each child to buy that I had loads of time to look around.

Instead of setting here, looking at pics etc I should be finding places for all the groceries I bought. Being dependent on others, I overdid :roll: I need to hide the angel food cake mix and fruit, need to wait and get in a lot of walks before baking another :lol:

Hope you all have a great day in whatever or wherever you are ,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:27 pm

CArol, it's time for me to splurge. I should be having a high school friend visiting later this week and think I need to buy the angel food cake mix and fruit. Oh yes.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Wait till company is almost there, Beth ,that takes a lot of will power to leave it alone !!! Terrible when you posted that recipe, I have no willpower !!! :lol:

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Sunny Sunday!

Postby jwillis54 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I posted my week three summary at my website http://www.janesjournals.com. Also there, other posts from this week.

:D :D
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Return to Morning Coffee