First Saturday in August

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

First Saturday in August

Postby Colliemom » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:10 am

Good Morning all,

August already! Seems like it was just beginning of summer and now in another month or so, we will be heading into fall here in MI and the northern states. ACK!

Before I forget, friend of mine found what might be a nice solution to ants. Said they had big ant hill between their one sidewalk and his work garage. Sprinkled some Equal around the hill on the ground and the ants disappeared and abandoned the hill. Haven't seen any since. I'm wondering if that would be a good thing to do around jacks and electrical cords when they are down on the ground at camp to keep ants off our rigs. Can't hurt anything as it's just creamer and will dissolve in rain.

Also see that both Best Buy and WalMart are having a sale on Apple Ipad Air's this weekend. Friday and Saturday at Best Buy, not sure about WalMart. Down to $399 from $499. Am thinking of going to get one before it's too late. Anybody out there using the Ipad Air?

Heading to Mackinaw City to Fur Trader's Rendezvous and Trade Fair for a little while with neighbor. She's never been to one. So that should be interesting. Louise (HavingFunNow) and I went last year.

Nothing much for breakfast here this morning. Cold cereal but have bread for toast and eggs and sausage. See it's warming up in the plains again. Debating as to whether or not to head west to SD and Yellowstone are yet this year. Wouldn't be ill later in the month and first part of September. Let's just say I need to get up a little nerve to tackle that long of a trip alone. First time jitters. Know once I am on the road, it will be nothing, just need to do it. The thought of that long road ahead is what's doing it I think. Drove all over the U.P. in June and think nothing of it, but that's familiar territory too.

Sending prayers out for those who need or requet them, wishing all those on the road safe travels, and those of you who are home, have a wonderful day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: First Saturday in August

Postby Irmi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 am

Good morning Sue & everyone!

Sue, I'm sure I would get jitters, too, doing a long trip like that by myself. But Beth once said that a long trip is just a lot of short trips put together!

It's damp here in MD and it's supposed to be like this the rest of the weekend with occasional showers today and tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day off from playing in church, so I get to sit in the congregation until next Sunday.

It's exciting to see that Tina, Sara, Lori & Ernie are enjoying themselves at Mitch's. I hope everyone else on the road is safe and having a good time and I wish a good day and weekend to everyone else, too.
Irmi

Postby cnq50b » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:22 am

Good morning Sue, Irmi & all who follow,

Cool here this morning but getting up to the high 80's later. Wish we would get some of the rain others are getting.

Sadie & I have already gone on our walk to monitor the neighborhood. :lol:

Sue, I wonder if the ants are smarter than we are - avoiding Equal - should we take heed? :o
I, too, was a little concerned during the first day of my 5,000 excursion last year. I have always loved road trips, but driving the big van is different & I didn't get off as early in the day as I wanted. Ended up only going 200 miles the first day & wondered if I shouldn't have flown with my sisters. So glad I drove it though. I saw the beauty of this country that can only be seen from the road. I had the support of this group (when my generator wouldn't start) & was pretty much free for the three weeks I was travling. I loved it & can't wait for the opportunity to do it again - without time constraints.

Pretty busy at work - we launched a new website yesterday, have a new backup/recovery system being implemented & a new firewall going in soon. Along with all the normal stuff. I think that's why folks stay there as long as they do - we never have a dull moment - plus its for a great cause.

Going to catch up on everything going on here now...

Keeping everyone in my prayers.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:25 am

good morning ladies :D
one thing on my agenda today....return the portable ac to home depot, get my money back and I'll be ok on my budget
until my next check comes in. No more worries there. Then I can pay the cell bill by the deadline,, :D
A really good rain last night, makes everything feel fresh this morning.
Ya'll have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:49 am

Good morning everyone.. so far it's a nice day here
60 percent chance of rain.. so decided against a yard sale
And now its nice....ya can't win sometimes..
waiting for results of biopsy this week... so then we can plan
and proceed with treatment.... it's a little nerve wracking....
went to some yard sales with my sister today... looking for material
none to be found.... I'm so happy I got my hallway over 3/4 painted
and the mess that has been sitting around it for over a year all
cleaned up.... I painted too much this week and my handand thumb
hurt.... so I will finish it up on Monday.... I have no idea how happy and good
makes me feel!!! Everyone have a fun filled day And be safe. ....Sue When I started....
That long trip up and down The East Coast.. I took it one day at a time Pretended it was little trips
So it wouldn't look so overwhelming to me.... That worked pretty good for me
grammynmaggie

Postby JudyJB » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:17 pm

There are days I really don't look forward to driving this big rig to the next campground, especially when I know I will have to fight traffic, but once I get on the road, it is always fine. Sometimes it amazes me to get out in a parking lot and look back at how long it is, but once I get driving, I don't even notice it--much more comfortable than when I first started this journey two years ago.

I am looking forward to Port Townsend. Campsite will be overlooking the sound and lots of places to ride my bike since it is in an old fort and right next to town. Glad I got reservations here 8 months ago!! Got to stop at Walgreen's, Sears, and Walmarts on the way for just a few things. I tend to carry so much food, but I always seem to be out of something, and hopping out to the store is not easy with no toad. Right now my freezer and refrigerator are stuffed and I have at least a week of pre-cooked and frozen meals.

Beautiful day again today, so going out for a bike ride since I got some work accomplished yesterday.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Sue I checked the ad on the iPad Air and it isn't one you can get cellular service with. You would always need to be in a wi fi area to use it.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Sue, My first couple of trips alone, I was so nervous I had butterflies that felt like elephants. Thankfully that goes away away with surprisingly little experience. I think you need to go for it. I am so glad I did and it was only with all the encouragement I got from the ladies here that I got up the courage to try.

Got a few more photo for day 2 at the Blue Marlin; will post in GTG section.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee