Rainy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Thursday

Postby carolb » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:50 am

G'morning all! :)

Up way earlier than usual & can't figure out why :roll: Sarah, meeting up with Lori/Sultan & Mitch/Tina? Those are names I haven't heard in a long time :? Wondering where they have been--not on MC, but then again, I've been lax too :oops: . Also good to see you Wendy. Sarah, sounds like good news re niece :)

Irmi, congrats on the car! So you'll be learning to drive the Monster with a toad ;) You can do it, but aren't you glad you have the Asst Sultan for your chauffeur? Sometimes I wish one of my pups could drive so I would be able to enjoy the scenery! :lol: Nothing like the RV life, though, even if driving one's self across this beautiful country! Or caravaning with Anita :P ?

Cousin having garage sale this wkend. Same one who had one before--the self-admitted shop-a-holic. I've been helping, & have come home with a new wardrobe. Can't get any luckier than that :lol:

Coffee! Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Rainy Thursday

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:50 am

good morning ladies, wow, lots going on with everyone and me too...
was suppose to get my new ac yesterday but someone got their service call mixed up and put my ac on someone elses
unit as they had requested a Coleman mach3 as well. The guy was suppose to be here by 8, I called at 9 and she said
between 10 and 2, called at 3 and apparently the service truck broke down and no one called me. SO.....he is suppose
to come this morning at 8 and he's aware I'm leaving at 10 for my dr appt. It was a pretty miserable night sleeping the
last two nights with inadequate ac. This little portable I have is only good if your right in front of it so we pulled the
mattress topper off the bed and folded it in half to make a little bedroll in the livingroom. Shut the door to the bedroom,
but it was not a restful sleep.
Then.....remember when I talked about sons lunatic girlfriend....well...the story goes, she went off on a high speed
chase with cops and ended up getting herself shot. She was on one of her lunatic moods and trying to do a suicide by
cop cause of her cancer. Injuries are not life threatening but she'll be in prison for the rest of her life. Son said he feels
relief but loss and has mixed emotions right now but is otherwise ok. Good thing he's working again, that will keep him
busy and not let him stew about it. There is so much more to the story but thats it in a nutshell.
Being very conservative on my internet data as it rolls over to the new month on Sunday and can't pay the cell bill until
after the ac is installed to make sure I have enough money for the ac. I think I will but ya never know what those
service calls are gonna end up being until they present you the bill.
Back to work meeting tomorrow and the routine begins. I feel like I picked a good route, some of my same kids but
my elementary is different but ends up not so far from the bus yard at the end of the day. Thats always a good
thing cause as soon as I make that last drop....short drive back to the yard and I'm done. Last year it was a 30 min
drive after my last drop, I hated that. And the big kid in the wheelchair that was always hitting and throwing shoes,
he's gone, family put him in a group home cause he couldn't be managed anymore. Anywho...very interesting route
I have this year. I look forward to meeting the new ones.
Time to jump in the shower and get cleaned up before the ac guy shows up. Ya'll have a great day and I'll check in
real quick later.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 am

Good morning Carolb and Ava.... and everyone else...
Got busy early this morning.... Did a little more patching And got most of
The lower hall painted.... Called at 8m And they were able to get me in at 230
This afternoon The dermatologist Had a cancellation... Wow this makes me feel good
Not wanting to go there Just before its time to go bak to Flordia This is much better
I guess I will work on this hall until noon then get ready to go.... all for now
have a fun filled day and be safe donna
ps... please excuse all the typos still using this phone... like Ava running low
with Verizon and still need to pay my bills tomorrow online...
grammynmaggie

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:54 am

Traveling towards Western TN and stopped by Louisville and dropped Daisy off with her first family and traveled on to overnight at a small COE park in western KY......Just looking out over the water makes my spirit smile........The pups want to go on a long walk NOW, they say. :lol: Not rainy here!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 am

Of course you're taking them on that long walk, Tina !!!! :D If the path goes along the lake, we all know Stuart is going to want more , does Audrey like the water as much as he does ?? Enjoy, hope YOU can stay dry :lol:

Good morning everyone !! not much on the agenda today, 1-catch frog that landed on my head as I set to have my 1st cup of coffee, no telling where I slung him too. 2- dump tanks, so I can open grey so I can wash my hair and have a nice showe
3- finish letter to GS in Army 4???????? Big day !!! :roll: :lol:

Walked up to pay electric and return DVD's and find more worth watching yesterday, but office closed. Will go tomorrow not on the agenda for today. Hair has to be done, it's so long takes forever to dry and I'm not liking it much , doesn't want to do anything I want it too, so office will wait till its clean. I still have some decisions that are totally mine :lol: :lol:

Hate to admit it, but glad, envy,and wishing I was home and then hoping I'd have had an invite to the Blue Marlin, that's going to be a really nice GTG. I haven't seen Lori since wayyyyy back in Texas. Safe travels for all headed that way and hey it goes without saying we'll be looking for pics. No forgetting cameras :o

Time to get in shower, Maggie's sleeping ,but will be pee time again soon, the water pill keeps us getting out throughout the day :D

Have a great day, those traveling safe travels, those not do something you will enjoy today, even for a short time
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:29 am

I already feel frazzled this morning. Too much going on. Late yesterday I found one of the barn cats with an abscess on his back leg. Too late to call the vet and of course he is off today. I gave him some antibiotics that I have and can bring him in the morning. He's in a big cage in the old house with a fan blowing on him so he doesn't get too hot. If I call another vet they will want to give me an appointment for next week. A cat with an abscess can't wait that long. Even if I could get an appointment for today I have to bring Harold to Opelousas for a doctor's appointment. Harold had some tests run on Monday and I had to call to make sure they had the results so we could pick them up. I was transferred 3 times and then cut off. If what we want is ready I'll be surprised. Then the doctors office calls and tells me that they didn't do and EKG and we have to go an hour earlier to get that done. I'm ready to go back to bed.

Irmi, my son has a 2012 Ford Focus and so far it's been a good little car.

Ava, hope your a/c gets fixed soon. I know how aggravating it is to be waiting on someone to show up. Your time isn't important to them. It's a good thing your son isn't involved with that girl any more. You can't fix crazy, believe me I know.

CArol, I will take a green frog over a snake. I could send you Posie, she likes frogs. I think she has just about wiped out all the green frogs and lizards around our house. My hair isn't that long but it's to the point where it does what it wants. Doesn't do much good to fix it because when I walk outside it messes up.

Almost time to get on the road.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Learning

Postby jwillis54 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

I am posting under Morning Coffee since I am still on my first cup. Up in the northern MT, the sky is light until 11 PM or later. So I quickly developed a habit of falling asleep late and waking up at 9 AM.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have been adding all of your blogs to my Feedly list and am enjoying learning more about those of you who blog! You are all an inspiration and I look forward to hanging out with you at a get together, someday!

:D :D
Jane travels the west in a 2014 Flagstaff Mac popup and 2006 Ford E 150 tow vehicle
Adventures posted at: http://janesjournals.com
jwillis54

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:23 pm

Just past noon here, but "good morning" anyways! :D

Ava, I think jail is a good place for that gal! Your son needs to re-evaluate the kind of women he dates! :o

Frogs are cool! They eat bugs and mosquito larvae I think. They just need to stay outside. :lol: Love to hear them at night! If they are tree frogs, they probably hitched a ride on you when you were outside. I found one once sitting in my cats water dish one morning! Was so cute!

I think the smoke from Washington has reached all the way to MN because last night's sunset was gorgeous! The smoke makes it a deep burnt orange color surrounded by a purple haze.

Great weather here! Low 80's and sunny! No complaints here! :D

Off to work shortly for the day. Need to grab some lunch before I go tho.
Have a great day! :D :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby carold » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Still in Sarasota. tGM has a biopsy scheduled for Monday. We will wait for the results and then we will know when we can leave. In the meantime, playing tennis in the early mornings, working out, shopping and visiting. Our traveling home is feeling like a S&B. Done some interior decorating and will post pics at some point. Enjoying everyone's posts. tGM finally decided to write and post on his blog again. carold
carold

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:23 pm

Just a quick check in to let you know Tina and I arrived safely at the Blue Marlin around 5:00 this afternoon. Coming from opposite directions and no coordination between us on arrival time, funny that we got here at same time. We are all set up and awaiting Lori and Sultan arrival tomorrow.
Mitch fed us cookies and home made pizza. We tried to pretend it was diet food since all 3 of us have been talking about trying to loose some weight as learn to use our FitBit toys.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee