Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:28 am

G'morning all!

Sorry for being absent for a week or so??? Have read occasionally, but I apologize for missing anything important. Do have to say WELCOME BACK DAWN :D So many times I've wondered about you--have really missed you! Wow, a year & half of being at Lake Murray--such a beautiful place, & I'll never forget how gracious you were to have me there in '13.

Liz is much forgiven for missing me on her last leg home ;) I totally understood with the weather being so bad & then being so so so close to "the barn." :lol: Anita, hard to believe you're on your way back to the USA. Good grief, where does the time go :?

So again, sorry if I've missed any major events, but I do hope that all is well with everyone, wishing good health for those with issues, & safe travels to all on the road!.... Y'all have a great day! 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday

Postby Irmi » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 am

Good morning Carolb and everyone!

Carolb, it's good to see you! You must be busy with hauling veggies in from your garden and putting them up and enjoying your new riding lawnmower. Kathleen, are you on the road yet? Anita, so glad you a chance to experience the ride on the Lu-Lu Belle. Donna, your house must be close to being done to get on the market. CArol, I hope you find a chauffeur to the KS GTG.

Woke up to temperatures in the low 50's this morning and we'll get into the low 80's later on. We're doing the same thing here, nothing out of the ordinary. We bought a 2012 Ford Focus which can be towed 4 wheels down and will be picking it up tomorrow. We'll put the car trailer up for sale that we bought and took to FL last year. Now we have to learn using the Blue Ox, but we're looking forward to getting it on the motorhome and the baseplate on the car. It'll all work out. Have a great day everyone!
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 am

Good morning Carol and Irmi and to all who come in later.

Carolb good to see you back. Did you see my announcement about the new family addition? This is the third day she has been here and we are all exhausted!!! Toby and Andy from all the commotion and DH and I from trying to keep her separated from Toby. ACK we may have to send him to military school for dogs!

Irmi congratulation on the new toad! Hope you go many exciting places with her. :)

I'm starving and almost to tired to fix breakfast and it is only 7:30, it is going to be a long day.

Take care all on the road, glad to hear Liz made it safely to her sisters.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:45 am

Goodmorning Carols, BJ. And everyone else... I just finished painting primer
On that big hole I patched.. I have a little more sanding On cracks and nail holes
And I will be ready to paint The hallway.... I moved the totes That are for the yard sale
To the porch So I can start workin in the livingroom... I hate to do that But with the trees and bushes. You can't see them too much.... Got an appointment with a dermatologist For August 29th
To check out at spot That has developed On my hand... Also appointment to get the cataracts checked... The sun shining right now so I'd better get my Sanding done before the rain comes
It's too dark to see.... Have a fun filled day and be safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Dawn309 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 am

Good morning Ladies.

Carolb, hopefully your harvesting is winding down.

Irmi, I cannot wait to see your MH and the new toad. I still appreciate you going with me all those times to Honda of Ocala. I know you had to have been really bored. What a great friend you are.

BJ, how can that adorable baby be any trouble? LOL.

Donna, I cannot believe how hard you have been working! Hope the dr visit for the cataracts goes well for you.

It's raining here at Lake Murray. It looks like it will be raining all day today and tomorrow. That's OK because I need to get as much as possible stowed for the trip in the next two days. I have some mail and paperwork I need to get done this morning first. Belle has vet appointment this afternoon to get her annual shots. I am hoping it is not raining when we go for that.

Have a great day everyone and if you are traveling, stay safe.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Good Morning !! Running out of morning, but I walked up to front to pay electric bill, exchange DVD's and mail some letters. Got to mail letters but office was closed, I was told sometimes on Wed they do this during the summer. Wish I'd known :(

Had a shocker last night around 11, had just turned TV off and settled in for the night and all of a sudden something cold and clammy grabbed my leg, you know I can still move fast ?? Turned light on and by my pillow on the wall was a little green frog. I do not like them touching me and I don't touch them back !! Knew I had to do something, didn't even want to be in RV with him, Sleep, no way !!! So, got a small cup with a lid, he must have been shook too, for being swatted off my leg, cause I got cup over him, no problem and moved it enough hoping he would go farther back in so I could slip lid on. All worked like a charm, and I was really nice and put him back outside. BUT think I heard one in here this morning, so looking .

So exciting around this place :o :lol: Time for Maggie another walk and will take trash too. I didn't take her up front and she was a wee put out with me, just to hot and quite a walk for her.
Have a nice day,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 am

Took my elbow to a clinic at CVS. My spot turned out to be just an abrasion that got infected. Have a prescription antibiotic cream to put on 3 times a day. That was a relief...all the discussions about skin cancers can make your imagination go wild when you find a spot, but good to get it checked out anyway.

Just doing errands with my sister and helping her plan and prepare meals so far. An aid comes in twice a day to help with the physical care of my BIL. So that is good as long as they keep that plan.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby gingerK » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:12 am

Mornin' gals!

You all have been so busy! New cars, new puppies, taking care of houses and gardens and yards, wow!

I've been working around my own house as work has ebbed a bit for me. Got the storm door painted yesterday and started on the trim for the new house door we put in. Old one fit so tight that you could not open the door at all! What a pain it was to put the new one in-when we built this house we never realized that we might someday have to replace doors or window and it's all brick and concrete block. DH had to chip away and hammer off concrete and block until we could get the door to fit in the opening. Now it's up to me to get it all painted up nicely! And of course the other storm door now needs painting because the one I did makes the other one look bad. Argh!

Got bit again, this time by my own dog(s). The 2 boys roughhouse a lot and my dog got his lower jaw caught in the younger one's collar. Younger dog twisted around and they couldn't get apart. So I tried to grab them and get them separated and someone's tooth punched a large hole in my forearm. I was so focused on getting them apart that I don't even remember when or who bit me. I am watching it carefully to make sure of no infection. It's always something with these two. Last week the younger dog, Shooter gave my dog Buddy an ear hematoma-so Buddy had to have surgery to relieve it and now has a lovely drain in his ear!

Dropped off the tc to get the refrig looked at this morning. I hope things go well there as it wasn't an auspicious beginning...lol.

Gonna go get myself some 2nd breakfast and walk a dog. Have a great day, everyone.
Kathy
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby chalet05 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Good Morning!

Carolb, thought you had forgotten us! :lol:

CArol, I'll take a frog over a snake! You had me holding my breath!

Liz, glad you got your elbow looked at! Donna, glad you have an appointment!

Irmi, you'll really be all set for your drive to Florida this year!

Kathy, hope the frig is an easy fix. People across from me with truck camper unloaded and truck was towed away day before yesterday - still not back. Then apparently their jacks won't retract because they have a picnic table and boards under the camper for support.

Those of you working on houses wear me out!!

I'm trying to learn not to be in a hurry so 'practicing' this morning. Will stop at grocery store, fish market and then go sit by the bay to watch sea life, eagles, bears - whatever shows up. May only make 20 miles today. It has been a good week having hookups and being on my own schedule again.

Everyone have a great day and travel safe!
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Sounds like many are having a productive day. Anything productive here in northern Ca will be indoors as we are headed for over 100 again this afternoon. Everyone stay safe and don't work too hard.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Anita, I do think often of snakes setting here in Fl. If that had been the case, chances are you all would not have heard from me this morning. :o :oops: I don't like any of the cold clammy critters, but snakes they are in a category all their own.

I check different areas often, especially when I've been gone for a week. I had one trying to get into my house when I lived down here, had a sliding door and he got half way in, before door was shut on him. I noticed him on my way to kitchen, none of the family could remember who came in that door last and all had been inside for some time. They definitely like it inside.

Still looking for the frog I think I heard :D

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Readytogo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:23 pm

Little late for morning! Liz. I have to ask. did you take just your elbow or the rest of you too to the clinic? (Im making a funny!) Carol, I sometimes leave my sliding door open for Pepper to go in and out at will, dont think I will anymore! I went to lunch today with a lady from the sole women traveling FB page, some travel by rv and some just travel. Ya'll have nice rest of the day! Wendy
Readytogo

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Gosh, everyone so busy. Been pretty busy here also but not with any real work. New tags, wiper blades for the van plus full tank of gas. Another repairman in and out - fridge this time, fortunately nothing major wrong with it. And I finally got the upstairs back porch cleaned up, now that summer is winding down. Have 2 rooms in need of major cleaning/organizing; rest of house in pretty good shape.

Don't want to over do so it is time for a brief escape to the Blue Marlin to meet Lori and the Sultan for the first time plus visit with Mitch and Tina.

Niece doing much better. The massive doses of diuretics finally kicked in and she dropped more than 20 pounds (fluid) in just a few days. Got the last of this latest round of test done - having heart and lungs thoroughly checked out - results tomorrow afternoon. Only 3 more chemo treatments scheduled and we are hopeful that will be the end of it or that there will at least be a nice long break before any other treatment.

So good to see Dawn and Wendy posting again. Looking forward to seeing both of them sometime soon as well.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee